Author Topic: Testers needed!  (Read 13521 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Testers needed!
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 08:16:48 AM »
Syntho,

I can post it, but I have no idea whatsoever what is in it, should I simply call it "TDM Cluster Pack 1" ?  It requires myself (or the downloader) to extract and sort; I was kind hoping for some info of what it includes, I have had no time to extract and examine; if you wish, I will put it up as-is

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »
Now that I checked it, that img file I sent is no good  :-\

I stored it on a Windows machine and the file/creator type was stripped. I tried using filebuddy to restore it but I'm not having luck. Let me get back with you...

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 05:59:05 AM »
oh ok i did not know that you have to re-link your old files on the forum/website. so that makes sense now.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 08:41:50 AM »
After Setting up a Digi001 for a client last week, it is clear we need the "Pro Tools" people to step up and help out with all the plugins. Unfortunately, it was more than 12 years since I did an 001 and since I am (as many of you know) a hardcore Logic/Cubase user, my old brain was having a little trouble remembering the sequence. 

So this guy from Nestor Studio comes in with an old G4 DA with a Sonnet dual 1.8 and a Digi001 and says it has been in storage for about 8 years.  It powers up, but does not boot.  We blow out some dust, put in an OWC SSD and an additional 500GB Seagate and we're good.  Then load 9.2.2, Pro Tools LE 5.1.1 (Imaged here), OMS 2.3.8, and the PT 5.2.1cs1 upgrade (also here) to get the system to 32 Tracks.  Everything loads without a hitch and the projects (on an old FW external) load up.

Firstly, I would like to personally thank Syntho, ProTools5LEGuy, and PhilGood for all their past efforts, and specifically ProTools5LEGuy for sending me a bunch of Plugs that I needed to finish the job, it made me realize that ALL the PT users of this site need to get together and certify each plugin and give the details whether they are RTAS,TDM, etc. It was a real headache for me to randomly download and test stuff, and I am a veteran, a new user would just give up on PT and OS9 so we really need a combined effort of anyone who wants to help. Please PM ProTools5LEGuy if you can test and list which plugins work on which platforms.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »
DH: That's why I needed that stuff from you - to test the plugs. See if you can whip something up.

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 01:36:04 PM »
Yes DieHard, now that i have everything working i can do a lot more of testing !
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline Metrophage

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
This is a great project! It can be tedious to find some great vintage software only for it to be incomplete or otherwise not working. I usually try to put a big disclaimer if upping anything I hadn't tried - such as that folder of ProTools plugs.

I am willing to help with VST or Max/MSP testing, but my availability is limited due to parental matters and a generally difficult personal/home life.

Offline Miro Le Ravi

• Enthusiast Member
  • is there anybody out there
    • Miro funky show
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
well  i f i can help to test anything
with pleasure 
i am  on  a G4 dp 2.72 with  a vst wrapper  and waves 2.8
if it s not too late 

but i also  own  a soundscan collection  of samples  for  akai  cd samplers  and audio cd  if  needed to  put it on the dark side of the moon:) 
just  follow the white rabbit :)
la vie est belle c'est le monde qui est triste ...

Offline truitecuite

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
Hi,

I have a Digi001, using pt5.2.1, on a MDD 1.25. I Also have Cubase, but it is not installed.
With an external converter, some very good preamps, dynamic mics, this is the ideal setup for me.

Glad I found this site.

Happy to contribute!

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 04:22:20 PM »
Hi,

I have a Digi001, using pt5.2.1, on a MDD 1.25. I Also have Cubase, but it is not installed.
With an external converter, some very good preamps, dynamic mics, this is the ideal setup for me.

Glad I found this site.

Happy to contribute!
Digi001 is awesome.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4