Author Topic: Request: Seritek 1SM2 drivers for PCMCIA Card / Troubleshooting  (Read 5164 times)

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Hi Folks,

Duplicating my post from 68kmla, so sorry if thats a repeat for some of you, basically here is the situation I'm hoping someone might have an answer to:  :)

I've purchased this Seritek 1SM2 card, looking to use it with OS9, support is described as 'limited' but present nonetheless. No luck using the re-packaged drivers from the Seritek website or on the CD it comes with. I have been in correspondence with Firmtek trying different solutions and all existing Extensions seem corrupted by OS X repackaging.

I've gone through quite a few variations of dragging and dropping the 'SATAEnabler' file into the system folder. It often shows up as a nondescript PC File, or generic text document. There was one instance from one of the packages i found where the system folder recognized it and placed it into extensions, it loaded, but my card was still the generic grey box upon inserting it on reboot.

On the off chance someone else out there might have them, thought i'd post this message.

Any words of wisdom would be great.

thanks!

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: Request: Seritek 1SM2 drivers for PCMCIA Card / Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »
SATAEnabler file seems to be fine.

The resource fork is OK. Use Res Edit to see if your copy is OK.
If you don't see the proper icon just rebuild your desktop.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline vectrex

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »
UPDATE:

The card works! Michael at Firmtek was extremely helpful in troubleshooting solutions and the proper driver in the end (the card registers as a SCSI device, which makes it different from other seritek/sonnet SATA plug n' play solutions). I am using SCSIProbe to make it auto mount my hard drive.

I'm currently using the 1SM2 as a go between for samples/ableton files between my laptop and my home DAW.

I can highly recommend this device and Firmtek!  8)

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 02:46:20 AM »
It often shows up as a nondescript PC File, or generic text document.

do you have the "file exchange" controlpanel installed and turned on? eventually this file is still an archived in some way and lacks both, an extension, and a creator code.
i had that situation back in the days, when file exchange was called pc exchange, with a silly voodoo driver update.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Bob Kiwi

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
Hey all, I was wondering if someone could upload a known-good copy of the SATAEnabler for Mac OS 9?

I recently got the S1M2 card for my PowerBook and wanted it out, but for the life of me I can't get the extension working/displaying.

I imaged the CD (it seems to be a hybrid ISO/Mac OS) which really doesn't play well in Mac OS 9(well, until I installed the Joliet extension). It is available here https://www.macintoshrepository.org/8451-firmtek-seritek-sata-drivers-and-manuals

Even with the CD imaged, the .img file for the S1M2 gives me problems mounting and even if it does mount the extension is blank. I turned off File Exchange but it still won't mount cleanly.

I'd love to get this extension working and try to get perhaps a laptop SSD working as a secondary drive on the unit.

Thanks for any help!

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »
Here you have ;)
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Bob Kiwi

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 10:25:13 AM »
Fantastic, thanks so much! Your file opened in ResEdit and has a version (5.1.4 PPC) whereas I couldn't get the same from the CD's .img image.