Author Topic: Two single CPU modules for MDD. Overclocked to 1.5 Ghz  (Read 3992 times)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Two single CPU modules for MDD. Overclocked to 1.5 Ghz
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:47:47 PM »
I'm planning to buy a new SSD so I have to sell some of my stuff:

On sale two single CPU modules for MDD. Both are overclocked to 1.5 Ghz (originally were 1.25 Mhz). Fully tested in MDD with 166 Mhz system bus. If installed on MDD with 133 system bus the module speed is downclocked to 1200 Mhz

Heatsink is not included.
50$ /50 € ( or better offer) each plus shipping.

With this module your MDD will run faster, cooler and noiseless.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:01:36 PM by MacTron »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
Re: Two single CPU modules for MDD. Overclocked to 1.5 Ghz
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »
Add 1Mb more of cache and I'm into business...haha

Well. It could serve me as a backup in case I'll want to try the overclock thing some day.
I also thought of putting it into the dual 867 MDD because it seems to get too hot for my taste and as I wanted it to leave as a protools 5 TDM rig I understand that the second proc won't be used in that version..
there was a multi processor fix by digidesign but the download link is broken at their site. I think it's only to get rid of an error message you could get if you left the multiprocessor extension active ?

Well, a question...
Can the heat dissipator of the dual 867 be used for your single ?
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 07:56:27 AM »
Add 1Mb more of cache and I'm into business...haha
You should try to find some of those xServe 1.33 single. I have posted detailed instructions on to how overclocked them.
Well. It could serve me as a backup in case I'll want to try the overclock thing some day.

Well, a question...
Can the heat dissipator of the dual 867 be used for your single ?
Yes it can be used ...

I also thought of putting it into the dual 867 MDD because it seems to get too hot for my taste and as I wanted it to leave as a protools 5 TDM rig I understand that the second proc won't be used in that version...

Honestly, investing into a 867 MDD dual is a waste of money. Because compared with a QuickSilver, it have the worst things of both worlds (slow system bus, high noise and heat ). Moreover, if to be used with Pro Tools.

It's really better to buy a MDD Single 1.25, If you're not in hurry, you can find one for around 100$ or less.
- Install an xServe 1.33 single CPU on it, overclock it to 1.5. Ghz. Place a nVidia Ti 4600 and a Seritek 64 bits PCI SATA ...
I have two identicals configurations like those...  -afro- and believe me: it's "another world" :)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:13 AM »
One was sold. thanks.  ;D
The other is still waiting.  ;)