Classic Mac OS Software (Discussions on Applications) > Video Capturing & Editing Software

Screen Recordings.

<< < (3/4) > >>

rpschultz13:
Past few days I have tried a handful of methods: VNC, Timbuktu, Snapper, and a few others that didn't turn out. I was even trying to find something that would work with Tiger and just use OS 9 apps in Classic. But they either didn't work or slowed things down SIGNIFICANTLY. I'm reasonably convinced that it can't be done with software, and must be done with an external record device from a video out port as suggested above.

So someone tell us how to do this... cheaply :D

Astroman:
I don't think there's any way of doing it in OS-9 natively... for the simple fact that the system/memory bus/disk is too slow and there's no hardware support to encode/decode video of current formats.
The (imho) most simple approach is to put a camera or smartphone right in front of the screen and capture. The position is slightly inconvenient and depends on the capturing device's lens capabilities.
If you want to do it frequently (in case your cam delivers a good picture) there's probably some video splitter device to double the DVI output and you could film from a 2nd screen.

rpschultz13:
I may try something like this Game Recorder, they are all the rage with kids these days -afro-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1080P-HD-Game-Capture-Video-Card-Recorder-HDMI-YPBPR-For-Xbox-360-One-PS3-PS4-TV/192893470879?epid=555542381&hash=item2ce958c89f%3Ag%3AmXEAAOSwCQ5cuXVS&LH_ItemCondition=4

Just need a couple DVI-HDMI adapter cables and an external USB hard drive

Mat:

--- Quote from: Astroman on April 22, 2019, 04:11:30 AM ---I don't think there's any way of doing it in OS-9 natively... for the simple fact that the system/memory bus/disk is too slow and there's no hardware support to encode/decode video
--- End quote ---
Thats no true. There is some software for natively screenrecording out there. For sure not for HDvideos, but I remember that I made some nice videos, especially when switching to thousands of colours, the machine (my 9600/G4800) was still quite usable.
Also there have been tons of professional hardware solutions for capturing videos, so it should be possible to capture the own (mirrored) video signals from a graphiccard to some hardware-encodercard, if you patch your video out to another PCI card. Thus one should still get some professional results. For sure, more modern cheap solutions in HD can make ones live more easy, but I don't like the ongoing "is not possible" myths. ;)

ovalking:
There is some shareware called ScreenMovie which can record screen activity inc. audio.
v1.5 is on MacWorld cover disk 9/98.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version