Author Topic: Screen Recordings.  (Read 1671 times)

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Screen Recordings.
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »
I didnt invent the wheel but i thought about ways to demonstrate certain things in os9. We all know via software it is pretty useless and impossible to have a nice screen recording.
I found a few ways and so far the cheapest ones are limited. i kinda demonstrated it with the few videosi uploaded. Yesterday i got a little converter box which was at first very promising and it does indeed what you want it to do but i forgot the recording device takes a regular ntsc format. Besides that the higher the resolution the more blurry the picture became to a point where you cant read anything which makes it useless. The converter works good for gaming and watching a video but for tutorial purposes its a no go. The devices that can take a dvi or vga signal out and record are in a price area out of reach for normal people. From this point on if one of you wants a video to explain things contact me. i dont have access to protools mix or hd systems so all i can run on regular hardware is what i can show you guys. I keep looking for a way but at this point i hit a wall.

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
Re: Screen Recordings.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 03:24:50 AM »
Am interested to know what you have found out - I tried a camera but
didn't like the recording results - might have to try again in lesser quality - vga probably.

Offline nanopico

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:07:25 AM »
Here's an idea for screen recording.
VNC works on OS 9.
You could install that and then connect to the OS 9 machine from Windows or OS X.  Run the remote session at full screen while running a screen capture/recording app.
Just an idea.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or break it so you can fix it!

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:00:22 AM »
Im going to show how i got it done so far. The problem with a software version is that i take to much of the running system and i need all the headroom i can get. The idea was nor using cpu cycles at all.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:04:24 AM »
If you have a S-Video output in your video card, record the computer output in another device.
If you have a LCD TV that can record from the HDMI, connect your Mac from the DVI connector to the HDMI, use it as a monitor (even at 1080*1920) and record what ever you want in HD and without overloading the CPU :)
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 09:09:17 AM »
sounds easy enough but i dont have all the tech stuff available to me.

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:58:03 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIp56neMUEI

i got it done. here is a preview of screens in hd. subscribe and comment if you like it

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 06:00:41 AM »
Way to go devils_advisor... Looks great !! ;D