Author Topic: A New Day....  (Read 8377 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
A New Day....
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
We are rapidly approaching 2016 and we are going to make this our best year yet !

I will be on board and I am not going anywhere :) 

After a quick wake-up call, it has become clear to me that this forum can still be maintained by it's core members and that it still holds value for many classic Mac OS users. We will be expanding the flood gates to include Video and gaming sections for the classic Mac OS very soon... so stay posted...

For those tuned into the recent "drama" surrounding the forum, we will be heading into the future without "SuperNova". He created many insightful threads, but the collateral damage was not worth it in the end.  We have lost more than a few members in the past from his inability to curtail the constant insults.  So, enough said, let's move on and make this the "Go To" forum for things that are Classic Mac OS on Classic hardware :)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: A New Day....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 11:48:40 PM »
We salute you, Sir !! :) ;) :D ;D 8) :-*

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:57:05 AM »
Wonderful news! :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 02:11:02 AM »
I know I shouldn't say this, but I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Since no more than a week after I signed up, actually.

There's so much information here that's scattered in certain sections. I need to go through a lot of it and make giant threads instead of 35 of them containing all the pieces.

Offline widter

• Enthusiast Member
  • Go with a smile!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »
Let me just say that I really appreciate what this forum is doing. I mean, it will soon be 2016!!! To be able to share resources from over 10 years ago is just great.

Have a very happy end of 2015 and a thrilling 2016, everyone!  -afro-

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 06:16:18 AM »

I will be on board and I am not going anywhere :) 

now THAT is what makes mrhappy HAPPY!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »

For those tuned into the recent "drama" surrounding the forum, we will be heading into the future without "SuperNova". He created many insightful threads, but the collateral damage was not worth it in the end.  We have lost more than a few members in the past from his inability to curtail the constant insults.  So, enough said, let's move on and make this the "Go To" forum for things that are Classic Mac OS on Classic hardware :)

I think people mirror their own feeling of inadequacy to others... He said insulting things to Syntho, IIO, GaryN, advisor, myself and Knez ... so I am guessing he feels that way about himself... To keep it simple... about Chris... I think he is very intelligent, BUT his Ego transcends that and if anything puts a kink in his Ego's plan, he lashed out.

I do feel that parts of his issues have come thru his behavior... it has always been a double edge swords... he contributes a lot, but he is also condescending to others... in the end, his volatility (with no explanation) caused me to worry about what he will do to the forum posts... and we finally have something really good here.

He tried to attack us last week and wipe his post and our download. We got lucky that DieHard caught him in the act and could restore, having the page offline in detriment of the 1383 users left several days.

He is so deep in his fight against us that had even hacked my password on his site to use my account here and tried to nuke us all. He is not welcome anymore here. He is banned for good.

I want to thank DieHard for his invaluable efforts and infinite patience trying to survive every attack (and there have been several) from that Canadian hacker.

THANKS

PD: You can go oldshooldaw.com , and thank nova666 for making a stronger MacOS9Lives!, but be carefull not to use the same password on his site, because he acted as Orwell's Big Brother to hack my account and damage us just a few days ago.

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 10:38:13 AM »
I second that. But i dont recommend to stir him up anymore and move forward. If we keep it up and get on his level on his site we aren't much better at the end. Think about it.

peace

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:48:53 AM »
Good Idea... the Nova Era... Rest in Peace

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 12:25:14 PM »
about Chris... I think he is very intelligent, BUT his Ego transcends that and if anything puts a kink in his Ego's plan, he lashed out.

If he were smart, now he will be the admin and the owner of a 1400 users forum - as always wanted - and and sooner or later most of the forum members (including some very valuable ones) searching ( or creating ) a new forum ...   :)

Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Custos

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »
Well this just filled in a huge gap for me. I was about to message someone and find out what happened to nova. Going to miss all his copy and a pasting of links upon links of info.
"A mistake is only an error. It only becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it."  -John Lennon

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »
Now that he has more time on his hands, he's haunting the Opcode User Groups on Yahoo and Facebook. He IS being a little more polite there, though…

It's really too bad… with that seemingly unlimited energy (Ritalin?) he was amazingly productive. He just couldn't keep the lid on. (Too much Ritalin?)

Childish though. His attempt to bring the site down was the cyber equivalent of "I'm taking the ball and going home!"

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 03:09:18 PM »
Haha, I heaven´t seen this thread until today. ;)

Well, as it is already publicly discussed, I need to throw in my two cents as well. He first deleted some postings from me nearly 2 years ago, because he didn´t like the themes I was talking about. He accused me that I want to dominate this forum, and want to harm him somehow. At this point I gave up and didn´t argue a lot more. I also didn´t want to make DieHards live harder. As this forum is quite nice but not totally important for me, I didn´t start to fight for anything.
I didn´t recognise that a lot more people than Knez and me were in the same situation, and got attacked for nothing and postings got deleted, as long as he was admin here. I checked this just when I saw,  beginning of the year, that most of my old postings got partially deleted, made unusable and unreadable.

Perhaps we should in future make such problems public? I always thought he is focused on Knez and me, but didn´t get that he was doing it to many many more people. I felt alone and had no intention to fight against anybody. Perhaps I should have done more back than? Recently I think "the public" would have helped a lot. When 2 years ago several people would have come up with the information that they got attacked, situation would be clear to everybody more early?

Well, I still do not get the point in becoming admin and/or owner of a 1400 users forum. It is nice, but mainly it is work and cash. So what is the point in trying to reach this? Is it really that simple; to gain self-worth by power over 1400 forum users?

Finally I feel that the forum is much more active the last weeks.I see more new people posting the first time and I got the feeling that diversity is increasing. A good sign in my opinion and I hope it will develop well the next years, for the reinforcement of our Mac OS 9.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »

He tried to attack us last week and wipe his post and our download. We got lucky that DieHard caught him in the act and could restore, having the page offline in detriment of the 1383 users left several days.

He is so deep in his fight against us that had even hacked my password on his site to use my account here and tried to nuke us all. He is not welcome anymore here. He is banned for good.

I want to thank DieHard for his invaluable efforts and infinite patience trying to survive every attack (and there have been several) from that Canadian hacker.

THANKS

Holy crapola!! I was hoping that wasn't what was happening...WOW!! :(

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
Perhaps we should in future make such problems public? I always thought he is focused on Knez and me, but didn´t get that he was doing it to many many more people.

Back then I could get 20-30 PM's in one night (day over in the US and Canada) about how much I sucked and that I could go fuck myself, was a piece of shit etc.
After having a Pro Tools realated conversation in PM with another user (who quit this forum because of that individual) both him and I got PM's with messages saying that he (mr supernova) was an admin and he could read everything we wrote, so we better not talk shit about him.

After this and countless messages about me wanting to take over the world, I just wanted to take everything away from him and DieHard, I left and removed the "Knez" user account.

I later returned, but that's another story :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Custos

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 04:26:34 AM »
He's never given me any problems. I'm not exactly the most active on here at times though, so he didn't have much of a chance to. Was just really peculiar not seeing him post all over newer threads.

EDIT: Well now that it is over, is there anyway to bring back some of (if any) those valued members that were provoked to leave?
"A mistake is only an error. It only becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it."  -John Lennon

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »
He were nicer with new members.
Well now that it is over, is there anyway to bring back some of (if any) those valued members that were provoked to leave?

I would mail them if I knew all their names/user names. Please, I beg the oldest members to recall other insulted members. PM me and I will try to reach them.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »
Chris was a valuable contributor, but as stated, the collateral damage to users and my personal stress (remember I have high blood pressure) was at its limit; so much so, I was about to walk away from the project that myself and my brother from another mother (Mactron) started...

But as Diehard fan, a tough choice had to be made; I was not ready to throw in the towel after seeing some negative changes toward members in a single week. In the end, all is as it should be, I am here for the see able future and you guys are the best Cyber Friends anyone can have; ALL OF YOU have made this a valuable place for musicians (and other Mac OS 9 enthusiasts) in Europe, Russia, the USA, and the World.  They thank you, and I thank you; we can help them express their passion on a meager budget... and turn today's ewaste PPC stuff into the treasure it once was... and still is :)