Author Topic: "Don't have Permission to access..."??  (Read 6885 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
"Don't have Permission to access..."??
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:50:07 AM »
So I downloaded both the 'Rescue & Install CD.toast" and the 'Mactron Rescue' cd to a Macbook (10.6.8) wanting to burn a CD... When I click on either to unstuff (Stuffit Expander (15.0.7)... It goes through the unstuffing process but after it's finished it gives me an error message saying:

"Rescue & Install CD.toast" couldn't be moved because you don't have permission to access "desktop"... (or whatever location I tell it to expand to, be it a folder or FW device).

Never had this happen so I was wondering what was going on??

As a test I tried unstuffing another item downloaded from OS9Lives and it unstuffed it ok without the error.

Can someone enlighten me as to where I'm going wrong??

Thanks

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: "Don't have Permission to access..."??
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:02:34 AM »
No explanation yet but if you cancel when it lets you choose another location the unstuffed image will be in the trash can ready to move. One possibility is stuffit is trying to restore permissions from the machine where the archive was created which of course doesnt work on your end because the user is different.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »
I can almost guarantee that the Devil is right about this. Mac OS and OSX permissions absolutely do NOT play well together. They will occasionally co-operate but will often throw up permissions issues that simply won't resolve. Unstuffing and burning in OS9 should work though.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:20:36 PM »
Yeah  makes sense... Got it unstuffed, burned on OS 9 machine. That 'Restore & Install' disc is ANOTHER masterpiece!!! WOW... NICE job on that guys!!