Author Topic: Wow check out this download, includes lots O plugins for OS9 TDM  (Read 13523 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Wow check out this download, includes lots O plugins for OS9 TDM
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 02:35:30 AM »
I tried that awhile back but couldn't get it to open or unzip or something... I'll try it again.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 08:15:07 AM »
That's because it is an ISO you have to burn the image too disc first before you can use it.

There is a lot of stuff on this disc

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »
I already own 95+ percent of these mix TDM plugins. the others on the disc I tried out but cant get any of them to work. The waves trial does work, only as a trial of course, there is a 134 and a 138 but the 135 that you are directed as the solution is missing from the file.

supernova777

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:33:09 AM »
i wonder who is the person who uploaded this to the macgarden without posting about it here??
strange

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »
i wonder who is the person who uploaded this to the macgarden without posting about it here??
strange

Good question. 

The abandonware plugs may work, I might just be doing something wrong with their implementation. I am getting better at it but Mac is still not really my best subject.

Could be they are based on tools version 4 and prior, something may be missing that allows them to work with 5.1.3. I know that some plugs can just be dropped into the plugin folder, some need settings put into the settings folder, some things need an extension alias. But there is no real directions with this stuff so this is something better left to you power users.

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
The abandonware plugs may work, I might just be doing something wrong with their implementation. I am getting better at it but Mac is still not really my best subject.

if u are new to mac, then trust me, theres probably alot u arent doing right. lol

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »

if u are new to mac, then trust me, theres probably alot u arent doing right. lol

Agreed.
I have been at it seriously about a year and a half now, I have learned pretty much everything I know so far by hanging out on this site.

Maybe if one of you guys could confirm that these plugs do or don't work, I could then figure out what I am doing wrong, would really love to get Gold working. This machine had I believe Gold on it originally but the prior owner deleted something important by accident killing it beyond repair, and as you know Waves is no help at all.

supernova777

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 10:12:47 PM »
alot of the people on this site arent interested in looking thru that cd, because we have everything we need verified + posted here on this site already.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
alot of the people on this site arent interested in looking thru that cd, because we have everything we need verified + posted here on this site already.

Except for waves and a few odds and ends plugs, but I understand that a lot of guys /gals here have walked away from waves because they have been rather abrasive in their business practices.

supernova777

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06:49 PM »
waves plugins are around - they might not be posted because people werent comfortable with having them posted due to the astronomical price tag assoicated with this app.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »
waves plugins are around - they might not be posted because people werent comfortable with having them posted due to the astronomical price tag assoicated with this app.

Sure, but there is no way to use them past the trial period even if you do find them.

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 02:04:28 AM »
Sorry, but you are wrong on this one...

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »
A suggestion would be to a Hard Core Advanced PT User (like Knez) build a PT base install with all timed (trial) plugins and then ASR it.  Then test it to see if all plugs work after restore.  We already have one for CuBase.  The restore only takes about 10 to 15 min so it would be something you do every 2 weeks :)

I am personally very interested if the waves trial stuff survives the ASR method.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
Sorry, but you are wrong on this one...

Well I went to the links provided on this site about this issue, but by the end of the thread there didn't appear to be any actual solution. There was however a lot of talk about ways it might be done, such as booting into an Osx partition and then finding some illusive un-identified files, deleting them and then booting back into OS9 and hope for the best.  If there is an actual way to do this I cant find it on this site.

supernova777

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 01:50:10 PM »
rtii
just keep talking about it and eventually someone will be nice enuff to give u a detailed explanation of how it can be accomplished..
 8) ;D im not the one to explain it because i dont even know personally . but i know it can be doen

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 02:49:30 PM »
rtii
just keep talking about it and eventually someone will be nice enuff to give u a detailed explanation of how it can be accomplished..
 8) ;D im not the one to explain it because i dont even know personally . but i know it can be doen

This site that been an absolute God send and I am not trying to be a jerk, but I am seriously frustrated, I have been going around and around with this and am getting no where.
 :'(

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »
Is it possible to get OS9 Waves platinum to work past the demo period. I am not a crook, in fact If I had a fully working version I will send a money order to waves (even if they are jerks, I already offered them money) just so I can have a clear conscious. I am only really interested in The PS22, True verb and Rverb plugins.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:59:02 AM by DieHard »

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »
Have you checked the cracked version out yet? Its version 3.2 and seems to be vst only if you can deal with that i would check it out. There is a pluggo plugin to use vst in rtas environment. Check the archive and see if you can use some of the components with your installation. I would extract and test that. What i know you need a cracked shell so back yours up and replace it with the one in that archive.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 03:41:03 PM »
Have you checked the cracked version out yet? Its version 3.2 and seems to be vst only if you can deal with that i would check it out. There is a pluggo plugin to use vst in rtas environment. Check the archive and see if you can use some of the components with your installation. I would extract and test that. What i know you need a cracked shell so back yours up and replace it with the one in that archive.
Thanks for the reply!
I am running OS 9.2.2  With 5.1.3 
I can  run RTAS But that of course is limited to the total size of the project.
I have a 7 slot expansion chassis with lots o mix cards. So TDM would be Ideal.

BTW can you tell me what the "Mercury bundle is" I keep reading about his online everywhere but do not know what it is?