Author Topic: Waves version 4 platinum trial bundle where is the link  (Read 20349 times)

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Re: Waves version 4 platinum trial bundle where is the link
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 08:56:16 PM »
Ha Ha.
It's not steal or grab, since it is not on their person or in their back yard, it is simply left to rot out in cyberspace. It is better described as salvage.

I salvaged this very old abandoned software

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »
My main goal is to Salvage waves gold 3 which is what was originally on this machine years ago and subsequently was lost in a crash, but platinum 4.0 will do just fine. Still trying to find the keys so I can drive it to the salvage yard and put it to use demonstrating the capabilities of antiquated vintage gear.

supernova777

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »
hey im all for making it work.. just not for calling them up + telling them about it
somethngs are better left unsaid  ;D

so in my example.. make sure the car is abandoned.. then hotwire the car... + drive off.. without telling anyone lol

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 11:50:30 PM »
hey im all for making it work.. just not for calling them up + telling them about it
somethngs are better left unsaid  ;D

so in my example.. make sure the car is abandoned.. then hotwire the car... + drive off.. without telling anyone lol

Unfortunately i haven't found  matching keys or a schematic to make a legitimate hot wire work on this particular vehicle.......yet.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 02:03:19 PM »
Ok so who's got the friggin' wire strippers?! ;D

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »
... any way:  there's a way to reset the trial period, just deleting a few invisible files and rebuilding the desktop.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

supernova777

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »
Unfortunately i haven't found  matching keys or a schematic to make a legitimate hot wire work on this particular vehicle.......yet.

yes but u know what? theres a million other things that are here on this site that do work fantastically.. a wise person once told met to focus on what i can do, and what i have, rather then what i dont have and what i cant do..

i understand waves plugins are of great value.. but there are many alternatives presented here that can achieve similar results

that said, i had thought that we had a good number of people here running the waves plugins successfuly..

prety sure that they are very easy to obtain for windows os.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »
... any way:  there's a way to reset the trial period, just deleting a few invisible files and rebuilding the desktop.

Thanks, but don't start with this again, I am pretty sharp and I read that whole thread 10 times but left even more confused than what I started with. 

I am going to nick name that approach as the "Penn and Teller" meathod

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »

yes but u know what? theres a million other things that are here on this site that do work fantastically.. a wise person once told met to focus on what i can do, and what i have, rather then what i dont have and what i cant do..

i understand waves plugins are of great value.. but there are many alternatives presented here that can achieve similar results

that said, i had thought that we had a good number of people here running the waves plugins successfuly..

prety sure that they are very easy to obtain for windows os.

Yes please PM me on the waves stuff if you can  ;D

Ok Ill bite on the alternatives, I have a lot of plugs already, but how do you re-create what you can do with a Waves PS22 plugin, I love what this can do to position individual instruments like bass guitar in the mix, keeps the bottom centered and widens the upper frequencies, I have never seen anything that can do this so simply? 

Further, I want more of the effortless sound that you can get from waves Rverb and true verb. Rveb specifically can get that really big room with a very short sustain effect without washing everything out.

I already have;
Lexverb V2
Real Verb 1.01 (king of loud tech)
TCI Mega Verb V3.01
DVerb

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
I read that there is a way to reset the trial mode, but not sure how to do that?

... it is really easy to reset the counter:

Delete the content of "HFSExtentTables" folder inside "TheVolumeSettingsFolder" (this folders and files are invisibles). And perform a Desktop rebuild.

Plus delete the invisible file "I3 Prefs" at:

Preferences/Authorization Preferences/

Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »
I read that there is a way to reset the trial mode, but not sure how to do that?

... it is really easy to reset the counter:

Delete the content of "HFSExtentTables" folder inside "TheVolumeSettingsFolder" (this folders and files are invisibles). And perform a Desktop rebuild.

Plus delete the invisible file "I3 Prefs" at:

Preferences/Authorization Preferences/

Volumesettings? So you find these invisible files with what, something like "file buddy" or other?

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »

Ok Ill bite on the alternatives, I have a lot of plugs already, but how do you re-create what you can do with a Waves PS22 plugin, I love what this can do to position individual instruments like bass guitar in the mix, keeps the bottom centered and widens the upper frequencies, I have never seen anything that can do this so simply? 

I am sure you've never tested stereo spreader from emagic logic...

https://documentation.apple.com/en/logicstudio/effects/index.html#chapter=7%26section=3%26tasks=true
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »

This plug-in is useful particularly when mastering. It extends the stereo base by alternately distributing a selected number of frequency bands from the middle frequency range to the left and right channels. This effect is suited to giving monaural recordings a stereo effect, without the usual "alien“ artefacts associated with the process.
http://www.futurestyle.org/archives/e/emagicLogicPro6.htm

More about logic 5...
http://www.hispasonic.com/reviews/plugins-sintetizadores-logic-5/264

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »

This plug-in is useful particularly when mastering. It extends the stereo base by alternately distributing a selected number of frequency bands from the middle frequency range to the left and right channels. This effect is suited to giving monaural recordings a stereo effect, without the usual "alien“ artefacts associated with the process.

More about logic 5...

No I haven't used this plug. This looks very cool! is it RTAS, TDM, VST? Ill check out the link

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »

More about logic 5...

This is a Logic only plug isn't it  :o Thanks but I am sticking with the Tools environment.

I read that there was another plugin that was sort of like the PS22 called BX_solo but I have not been able to find much on this yet.

Just found this https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_solo.html  but it is OSX 10.6 and up

supernova777

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »

Thanks, but don't start with this again, I am pretty sharp and I read that whole thread 10 times but left even more confused than what I started with.

re: mactron, he is not a native english speaker, and because of that, his comments can come off as cocky.. short.. arrogant.. or WHATEVER but i have come to see that this is a problem of language barrier.. between someone who doesnt natively/fluently speak another language.. for example. if u were to speak with him in spanish i would guess u may fare worse then he has in english (lol).. he can very helpful if u are polite to him..    ;D

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »

re: mactron, he is not a native english speaker, and because of that, his comments can come off as cocky.. short.. arrogant.. or WHATEVER but i have come to see that this is a problem of language barrier.. between someone who doesnt natively/fluently speak another language.. for example. if u were to speak with him in spanish i would guess u may fare worse then he has in english (lol).. he can very helpful if u are polite to him..    ;D

Then I shall say, I apologize for my abrupt and insensitive method of conveying my frustrations.