Author Topic: Waves version 4 platinum trial bundle where is the link  (Read 20347 times)

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Waves version 4 platinum trial bundle where is the link
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
I have lost where the download link is for the version 4 Platinum trial bundle on this site. I downloaded it a while back and finally installed it yesterday. i have to say the sound quality of some of the plugins such as the reverbs are astonishingly better than say the bomb factory stuff.

My real question is, if I contacted KSWaves and said hey I want to register this old product, does anyone know what their response will be? Are they going to say fork over $1000 and then we will talk or what?

Waves site has the current version on sale for $699.00 but that version is of course loaded with many more really cool things than the old version 4.

I have been trying to find a copy on eBay but no luck yet, but really most of the plugs in this bundle I will never even use, I am more interested in the Trueverb, Rverb, Desser,  a couple of comp limiters and the PS22 plugins, but it looks like most all of those are only found in bundle sets and only platinum has them all combined.   

In the mean time and not to sound like an evil bootlegger, I read that there is a way to reset the trial mode, but not sure how to do that?

Thanks  ;)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Waves version 4 platinum trial bundle where is the link
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 07:57:37 PM »

In the mean time and not to sound like an evil bootlegger, I read that there is a way to reset the trial mode, but not sure how to do that?

There was some instruction on that in this thread iirc.

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2220.0

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:00:54 PM »

There was some instruction on that in this thread iirc.

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2220.0

Thanks!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »
Here's Waves 4 from the Garden.

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/waves-40-waves-au-shell-101

Is this the trial version?  If so I already have that

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:27:28 PM »
oh..probably... not sure

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 08:28:11 PM »
oh..probably... not sure

This is from the comments section---> by Knez - 2014, May 6 - 8:47am

This is the OSX version of the plugins. Tried it in Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3cs11 and they wont load. Installer says you need Mac OS X for it to run. Does anyone have this one for Mac OS 9 laying around somewhere?

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »
This is what the waves site says-->

Versions 3, 4, 5 Discontinued
July 17, 2012

As of July 31st, Waves will discontinue product support for versions 3, 4, and 5 (as well as GTR Solo Versions 6, 7 and 8).

Although these versions have not been “officially” supported for quite some time, we have continued to provide downgrade options, compatibility information, tech support and so on, but after so many years it is no longer possible to support outdated and/or discontinued operating systems, DAWs, plugin formats and the like.

These installers will remain on our website for download until the end of the month, and your version 3/4/5 product will continue to work on your current system as is, however any further support will no longer be available after July 31st.

You may update your product to the latest version (V9) at any time by renewing your Waves Update Plan, or upgrading to a bigger bundle (and receive V9 at no additional charge.) Over the years, we have added new plugins to many bundles, and with Waves V9, it’s easier than ever to manage your plugin licenses.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »
So it sounds like the only way to use this version with OS9 continually is to get a crack code for it   :-\

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
(regarding Waves version 3 & 4)

10/29/2015

Hi David,

Unfortunately previous versions are no longer available. Waves offered these for years without any issue, but due to a conflict with the older iLok authorizations and Pace's newer website and architecture, an authorization for older licenses is no longer possible.

At this time, only Waves version 9.x authorizations are available which unfortunately would not be compatible with your system. Sorry we're unable to help.

In order to stop Waves from loading, you would just need to remove the Waveshell file from: Hard Drive > System Folder > DAE Folder > DAE Plugins

Best Regards,

Waves Sales Team
+1-865-909-9200 extension 2
www.waves.com

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »
Out of curiosity I asked Waves if they considered platinum version 4 "abandonware" this is the response I got below.

If you already own Waves version 4 then it should work fine since our authorizations are permanent, but we no longer sell version 4 at this time. We offered this for many years, and I'm sure other companies still might have something available for your system.

I would not suggest using cracked software. Other than the obvious ethical and legal reasons for not stealing software, here are a few other things to consider:

1) Software Viruses - pirated software often include viruses or maleware which puts personal and financial information at risk.

2) System Instability - software programs must be broken in some way to "crack" them. This can cause crashing issues at both the program and OS level.

3) Legal Repercussions - It's worth discussing this in detail. Waves takes guarding our intellectual properly very seriously. There are many other legal alternatives, which brings us to the last reason.

4) Affordability - ProTools should have many stock plugins, and in many cases you can get plugins from other companies or "used versions" as well at very cheap prices.

I would suggest staying with the legal route you have been doing. We wish you the best of luck with your mixes, and hopefully in the future you can use our software.

Best Regards,

Waves Sales Team
+1-865-909-9200 extension 2
www.waves.com

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
Not a very convincing argument was it?!! haha!😁😁

supernova777

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 07:03:32 AM »
omg why would u even ask the that.. llol
like i tried to explain to others here on the board..anything macos9
is officially ancient freakin history.

im honestyl surprised they took the time to respond to you at all.
they probably only took the time because of the serious price tag of their software..
any other company would laugh.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 07:31:51 AM »
omg why would u even ask the that.. llol
like i tried to explain to others here on the board..anything macos9
is officially ancient freakin history.

Well may be, but for Waves:

Waves takes guarding our intellectual properly very seriously.
:( :-X

And for many users, including myself, Mac Os 9 and G4's are the best audio/MIDI software/hardware platform, even nowadays, actually.
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 08:18:04 AM »
Check out the ISO you can down load and burn at this link http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2777.0 it has a file and key that relates to this thread on it

supernova777

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »
i dont understand the purpose of you calling them up and asking them if they consider it abandonware.. like what were u doing. asking if u could have their 2000$ program for free?? wtf??? why would u even bother asking them.. in this case yes its 15-20 years old but they still arent goign to give it to u. they rather u buy the new version at full price of course.. its how their company survives. my comment about ti being ancient history was more related to i cant believe that they would wriet u such a long response.. but maybe u touched a nerve..
personally i would never have asked them that in the firstplace. u nuts.
if something is in the grey area and u bring attention to it.. its no longer in the grey area.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 12:13:57 AM »
i dont understand the purpose of you calling them up and asking them if they consider it abandonware.. like what were u doing. asking if u could have their 2000$ program for free?? wtf??? why would u even bother asking them.. in this case yes its 15-20 years old but they still arent goign to give it to u. they rather u buy the new version at full price of course.. its how their company survives. my comment about ti being ancient history was more related to i cant believe that they would wriet u such a long response.. but maybe u touched a nerve..
personally i would never have asked them that in the firstplace. u nuts.
if something is in the grey area and u bring attention to it.. its no longer in the grey area.

This is incorrect I offered to pay them for it up front, and they said no, we cant help you because the system they used to use to generate the keys no longer exists, so even if they wanted to they couldn't.

So then I said does this mean you now consider this old software abandon ware? That's when  they sort of came a bit unglued. My intention was, hey if I can get a working version however that looks, I am still willing to pay for it. Where by I got the boiler plate robot copyright we hate you violation response.

The bottom line is they just want you to dump your old stuff and buy new stuff so they can continually sell you there new stuff over and over again.

supernova777

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »
but thats just it..
u would get a similar response from any company that once sold mac os 9 warez thats because it is a dead operatijng system and none of it. NONE OF IT is supported anymore.. except here.. because we are the only ones batshit crazy enuff to LOL :)

u would get the same response from any company.. even if u offered to pay 10,000$ they would say sorry, that was 15-16 years ago.. alot of things can happen in 16 years.. people die. borders of countries are redrawn. the world changes.. its like trying to call up the reagan administration dude lol.. its long since dismantled + replaced with different staff.. with different operating rules.. the world has moved on

i cant believe u contacted waves . lol
what if they had said yea sure.. pay us 2500$ and we will sort u out..  lol
u wouldnt have been able to afford it even if they did say yes and even if u did have the money to waste, logic would tell u theres a million otherways to spend that money that would be infinitely more logical + effective.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 07:36:49 PM »
but thats just it..
u would get a similar response from any company that once sold mac os 9 warez thats because it is a dead operatijng system and none of it. NONE OF IT is supported anymore.. except here.. because we are the only ones batshit crazy enuff to LOL :)

u would get the same response from any company.. even if u offered to pay 10,000$ they would say sorry, that was 15-16 years ago.. alot of things can happen in 16 years.. people die. borders of countries are redrawn. the world changes.. its like trying to call up the reagan administration dude lol.. its long since dismantled + replaced with different staff.. with different operating rules.. the world has moved on

i cant believe u contacted waves . lol
what if they had said yea sure.. pay us 2500$ and we will sort u out..  lol
u wouldnt have been able to afford it even if they did say yes and even if u did have the money to waste, logic would tell u theres a million otherways to spend that money that would be infinitely more logical + effective.

All of the above is true, but I also know from past experience that notice is the first rule in due process.  I have a bit of legal experience and know how to leverage that in tight situations. At the point of exhausting all other remedies and upon delivering due notice of intent offering generous just compensation based on estimated current values of antiquated merchandise. there are also statues of limitations governing old things considered as you call it "abandonware" where by legal recourse is no longer a valid option by the original owner.

Consider this example Ford develops a new car line sells a few and then abandons the car on the side of the road with a sign that says does not start without key. 15 years latter I guy calls Ford and says hey I found your abandoned car on the side of the road, its not in great shape but I can fix it up so can I buy it from you? Ford counters with we don't have the key making machine anymore for that model, so piss off and don't steal our car, the guy counters with, well what if i can find a key for it. Ford counters with dont touch our f-ing car. Guy counters with, if you are not going to sell it are you going to come and get, or are you going to just leave it abandoned on the side of the road?   

You see where I am going with this. The guy goes to the DMV files for lost title gets a key maker and drives off into the sunset unchallenged. Why because it was abandoned for more than 7 years, Ford gave up its rights to it. The guy is not duplicating the car it is not a copyright violation.  Waves allowed thousands of people to download a trial version of their software free and then walked away from it, will not support it and cant in their own words even make a key for it anymore. no mater how much they scream and yell they have by legal definitions abandoned the product.

A good lawyer could take them to the cleaners if they tried to sue someone who offered to pay them for abandon stuff up front for which they have no real interest in anyway as demonstrated by their actions, they refused to take the guys offer for what is essentially junk on the side of the road as far as the court is concerned.

Sorry I tend to ramble

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »
Alright perry mason lets take'm to the cleaners. What else can we steal i mean grab out of the garbage. :)