Author Topic: Just picked up a loaded G4 Tower...need warm n'fuzzy on Cubase compatibility  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Briggs

• new to the forums
Sure hope I didn't goof....noticed after the fact that it was dual core. Doh!  :o Any advice on how I can optimize the system to run Cubase 5 mo betta would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151823720671

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Damn looks like you hit the jackpot. Nice setup. If you dont have os9 on it i recommend grabbing the instant daw images and you wont have any headaches. Just disable the driver for the audiophile card.

supernova777

u didnt goof - u got a really great system
with the best video ti4600 looks like

congrats

Offline Briggs

• new to the forums
Thanks for the thumbs up guys!  ;D  btw, I was wondering...has anyone tried running IDE to SATA converters to use SSDs in these types of systems? Sorry for the newb questions, but I'm just starting out with G4/OS9 again, been a long time...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:17:55 AM by Briggs »

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Thanks for the thumbs up guys!  ;D  btw, I was wondering...has anyone tried running IDE to SATA converters to use SSDs in these types of systems? Sorry for the newb questions, but I'm just starting out with G4/OS9 again, been a long time...

if you look on ebay they have pata ssd's. No conversion necessary. I saw last night a post for the pata ssd. They guy had tiger on it (10.4) but he said booting took about 30 sec.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple

Yes I have used a few ones, It is the best option, but not all models works well in Mac Os 9. Do a forum search about this.
It is better to buy a SATA SSD than a PATA SSD, because you can connect it using a SATA to PATA adaptor or directly using a SATA PCI Card.

Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Yo Briggs... If you wanna go Cubase you hit the jackpot here!! As devils_advisor advised...

Go directly to...  http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2716.0

And install this AWESOME Cubase/plugs/OS 9 install... It's RIDICULOUSLY great!!!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Oh and.... Welcome btw! Did I mention how awesome the  'Instant DAW/ Cubase' was??!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Make sure you have spare undies handy when you install!! Haha! ;D

Offline Briggs

• new to the forums
Holy Cannoli :o Mr Happy, that selection is REDONKULOUSLY GOOD!! Hahaha ;)  Thx for the timesaver!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
The "thank yous" go mainly to DieHard, MacTron and SuperNova777... THEY made that AWESOME download happen!!! ;D

Offline Briggs

• new to the forums
Re: Just picked up a loaded G4 Tower...need warm n'fuzzy on Cubase compatibility
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »
Many thanks to all the dedicated peeps...Great community vibe you guys have on here  ;D

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: Just picked up a loaded G4 Tower...need warm n'fuzzy on Cubase compatibility
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 04:03:42 PM »
Many thanks to all the dedicated peeps...Great community vibe you guys have on here  ;D

well you ain't seen nothing yet :) just wait for it