Author Topic: How do I turn on numlock on ADB extended Keyboard?  (Read 3497 times)

Offline filipetolhuizen

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
How do I turn on numlock on ADB extended Keyboard?
« on: September 17, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »
Hi,
Today I saw my cat turning on my mac using the power button and to my surprise I saw the numlock on for the first time. I never managed to turn it on, not that I need it, but I never understood why it didn't turn on if I pressed it. How can I turn it on and off? It only turned off after a restart, and didn't turn on again.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: How do I turn on numlock on ADB extended Keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
That's quite a 'tale'! You'd better hope the cat doesn't figure out how to initialize the drive... What a CATastrophy
That would be!!😁

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 11:46:57 PM »
Tap the Num Lock / Clear TWICE

Offline filipetolhuizen

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
Tap the Num Lock / Clear TWICE
Didn't work... :(

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 12:22:20 AM »
If 'Clear' doesn't work try 'shift-clear'... If It still doesn't work check to see if 'Mouse keys' is enabled... apple menu>preferences>accessibility... Select “Mouse & Trackpad” and look for an option called “Enable Mouse Keys” ... uncheck this if it is checked to regain usage of the number pad.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
Better yet, try 'option-clear' The "alt" on the option key is the trick.  Holding option changes the other keys that have second functions in the upper-left hand corners…theoretically. So 'clear' should become 'num-lock'. You can also try the above while keeping your fingers crossed - though I'm not sure which fingers.

I do remember the "press clear twice" as being a real action, but that must have been for a different keyboard.