Author Topic: Creamware PCI cards (Luna, Pulsar, and SCOPE)  (Read 12514 times)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Creamware PCI cards (Luna, Pulsar, and SCOPE)
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »
Creamware PCI cards (Luna, Pulsar, and SCOPE) later have become: SCOPE home/project/professional:

http://www.midiguy.com/shwrm/frmCrm.shtml

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:02:40 PM by chrisNova777 »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Creamware PCI cards (Luna, Pulsar, and SCOPE)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
Did the new ones had a new firmware? Are the SCOPE brand still OS9 comp.?
These cards also support G3 and G4 Macs in OS9! While Creamware doesn't recommend using them in systems with CPU upgrades , they do work within limitations. For example, using Pulsar II (stereo analog I/O) you can have the big mixer, miniverb, stereo chorus and stereo delay mixing 6 channels of audio from Logic 6 on a Mac 9500/Umax S900 with G3/400 CPU upgrade. The system is slow but works.

They talk about version 4. What is working with OS9 drivers?
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
I have a Pulsar 1, running fine in a Sawtooth G4 under 9.2.2 using the 4.0 software that can still be downloaded from Sonic Core.

The software needs a "key file" based on the card's hardware ID to install, but Sonic Core were nice enough to send me one when I e-mailed them. Who knows if that changes in the future, though, so make sure to store them in a safe place. The key files are just text files and should be cross platform, if you're buying second hand the previous owner might already have them.

The card itself is a nice way of getting 16 i/o via two ADAT pairs. It's very solid, but you need the Sonic Core platform app running in the background. This app gives you a little studio, where you can load and patch up various synths, mixers, and effects. I've mostly used it as a digital mixer, to connect all my hardware. It's decent enough, but the effects range in quality maybe from so-so (the reverb) to pretty good (distortions). The patching does make it a doddle to integrate hardware effects or even software running in an ASIO host, though. The synths I can't comment on but there's enough to keep you busy for a while, including a full digital modular.

Offline MaximKorobov

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 05:29:02 AM »
rvense, may I ask you to share OS 9 setup files?

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 08:10:15 AM »
You mean the installers? I can try to find them. It looks like the downloads have been removed.

They key files are tied to a specific card serial number and you will have to request them from Sonic Core, more info here:

https://scope.zone/index.php?id=61&lg=en&d_2338=42

Offline MaximKorobov

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 12:44:52 AM »
Thank you.
Latest Mac OS 9-compatible release is 4.5. Sonic Core support send me links to download it. Can share them to you.

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 02:54:45 PM »
Thanks! I have a working setup, but it would be good if you could upload the installers here.

Glad you found them and good luck.

Offline damo-blak

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 01:29:05 AM »
I used to run Creamware,i had two cards the Luna and the sampler version,latency was good,
sound quality was top class!,i have toyed with getting a pulsar not long back,the only thing i didn't like was
it was a bit complicated the scope system-setup/routing and the mixer but the virtual synths sounded great due to
the DSP.

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 01:48:04 PM »
I used to run Creamware,i had two cards the Luna and the sampler version,latency was good,

Latency was not good, it was the best! Latency shortened when you choose 96hz sample-rate down to 1 ms or less. You didn't needed those modern "zero" latency monitoring things, when recording, just listening trough the card after it's mixer. Sadly my Luna missing midi-cable...does somebody how cable is wired?

Offline Jone

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 01:08:11 PM »
Thank you.
Latest Mac OS 9-compatible release is 4.5. Sonic Core support send me links to download it. Can share them to you.

Hi did you share the installers somewhere. I got 4.0 from sonic core witch installer don't work so it would nice to try 4.5 version if you could share it .