Author Topic: WTB: Sonnet Crescendo/WS G4 processor upgrade for Powerbook G3 Wallstreet  (Read 4892 times)

Offline sixteenbitify

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Hello guys. Does anyone have a Sonnet Crescendo/WS G4 processor upgrade for the Powerbook G3 Wallstreet? I believe it only came in 500 MHZ, which is great for me. I've been looking for one for a while now and I really want to speed up the performance of my Wallstreet. If anyone has one and is thinking of selling it, PLEASE let me know. I might buy a non Sonnet branded G4 upgrade card too. Thank you.

supernova777

why not just find an ibook or ti book for the same price

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
why not just find an ibook or ti book for the same price
Perhaps because he needs some programs that run only at Oldworld Macs, perhaps because he needs the SCSI connector, Perhaps because he loves Black, perhaps he is using his S-video out often, perhaps he needs the Serial connector for some real expensive RIP, … Perhaps because he likes his machine?

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Also maybe he needs 2 PCMCIA slots, (Bronze Lombard and Pismo dropped a slot); Lombard had SCSI, but ADB and serial ports went bye bye for dual USB

Offline sixteenbitify

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Exactly. I love my PowerBook G3 Wallstreet. I have it well taken cared of with its box and manuals. I like that it has 2 PCMCIA slots, legacy ports, floppy, CD/DVD, and ZIP expansion bays. It's so expandable! Also, the rainbow Apple logo on the bezel is classic and I like it. This is the only Old World ROM Mac that I own (I have NWR and Intel Macs) and I want to make it better by upgrading its processor. I'm not much in a hurry for a G4 upgrade upgrade, especially since I maxed out its RAM and the 300MHZ G3 processor is pretty good on OS 9.

But if anyone reading my thread has a Crescendo/WS G4, then I'll be happy to buy it.

supernova777

im kind of interested in finding one of these old powerbook g3s now aswell.. 300mhz is the strongest u can get with a mac serial port for compatibility with midi interfaces..