Author Topic: Any Opcode software on System 7.5 Macintosh LC 475 ?  (Read 6699 times)

Offline starodion

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Any Opcode software on System 7.5 Macintosh LC 475 ?
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
Hello everyone!

Does somebody know where i can get opcode vision pro,  or another version for work on system 7.5 , mac lc 475 with 8 mb ram? trying to find something but... only svp pro 4.2 which dont work with 8mb
also tesed with svp pro 3.5, but needed more RAM for run it on lc475.
Musicshop 2.0 run perfect on it but i need more quantize feautures for work.

Thank you people!

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Any Opcode software on System 7.5 Macintosh LC 475 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »
I think you're probably out of luck with only 8Mb of RAM for any version of StudioVision because of its RAM-demanding audio functions.

You can try this supposed-to-work dump of Vision 1.02- It should have more quantization options than Musicshop:

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2132.0;attach=1605

Early working versions of Vision are hard to find because they were all on PACE-protected floppies that were a pain in the ass. Most people threw the damn things out after they upgraded to SVP which was on CD-ROM…

You might try setting the memory allocation in SVP 3.5 to 4MB (I know that sounds wrong, but it won't hurt) and see if you can get it to launch and run long enough to set the audio instruments to zero and minimize every other non-essential thing you can find. I seriously doubt you'll be able to get any stability without more RAM though…

Let us know what happens

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
which dont work with 8mb
also tesed with svp pro 3.5, but needed more RAM for run it on
I know it is not what you asked for, but wouldn´t upgrading the RAM be an option for you? 72pin Simms for your LC 475 are not that hard to find, and if you take a 32 MB one (instead of 64 or 128 MB) it can be really cheap up to free.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:53:05 PM by Mat »

Offline starodion

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »
which dont work with 8mb
I know it is not what you asked for, but wouldn´t upgrading the RAM be an option for you? 72pin Simms for your LC 475 are not that hard to find, and if you take a 32 MB one (instead of 64 or 128 MB) it can be really cheap up to free.

Say WHAAAAT!?

Im so happy, opcode studio vision 4.2 run by System 7.5 - mac lc 475 - 8mb ram!

GARYN Thank you SO MUCH  for your advise! it works perfect with all versions except 4.5

Offline starodion

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:36 AM »
which dont work with 8mb

Thank you ! i will try to find ram, for smooth working ;)