Author Topic: New DAW PowerPC OSX Zone !  (Read 33228 times)

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
Re: New DAW PowerPC OSX Zone !
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »
i thought u put protools5leguy in charge of the mediafire account

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2022, 06:54:51 AM »
Time ago we thought OSX talk could damage our main interest (OS9) and we cleaned all OSX stuff to enhance our OS9 strength. Those days are over. OSX talk can't damage our OS9 status. If it is DAW related. We do not want to become the last resort for Photoshop PowerPC users. Our main focus is DAW and Video edition software.

OS9 vs OSX wars are not allowed. But OS9vsOSX benchmarks are allowed.

Are we mature enough to have this chat here?

well that's cool, i never joined this community because of the os9 system.

I really only subscribe to this great community for music editing and production software with mac powerpc and everything that involves ppc.

yes, that's true, i must say that i also have linux and workbench for my Amiga commodore on ppc machine, because they are very good for handling audio and midi editing software, that's what interests me most about my ppc machines, although i also use some graphic design to make covers for musical publications in the labels to which I belong.

The time was very sad, in which in a very trashy way, the rest of the software versions for ppc were cornered, with the fear of distorting the mac os9 material, I did not spend much here because of that stigma, I always had my life saved in ¨macintosh garden¨, that the name is already funny and encompasses the idea of ​​¨macintosh¨, only macintosh from the past, abandoned things that are great and more oriented to graphic design and video games with a good section for audio and video tools.

it would be great to stay in that vein of macintoshgarden, for music production software at all levels (midi, audio, samples).

and I believe that this would make the largest amount of software available to members to recover all the material in case of an accident or cyber attack on the network.

I use my ¨telegram¨ to have my mac os9 and osx software for my powerpc machines, with os9 osX, linux, Amiga.

For many years now, I have never lost that software, even in the days when there were attacks on Telegram, I did not lose anything, perhaps because I kept myself private and anonymous.

I also see that these telegram servers are infinite, I will have about 250 gigabytes of software for powerpc, I lost count a long time ago, but I always use it as a backup.

I just wanted to share my perspective and some suggestions.

As always, thanks for all the work you do.

Greetings and always respect this great community.  -afro-

Offline daddyjeff

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2023, 07:57:48 AM »
It's not exactly DAW's software but if you have the free plugins from some old 2000's developers, you can enjoy or even create plugins for your DAW's with MAX.

Here we have a lot of software for Mac Os9 and Mac OsX.

It's just to remind you a little that in 2023 it's still available.

https://cycling74.com/downloads/archive

massive collection for MAX 4.1 or later

https://www.macintoshrepository.org/8077-max-msp-apps-patches-externals-abstractions-collections-os9-