Author Topic: Is there a thread here that covers Tools 5.1.3 and access music virus TDM?  (Read 4354 times)

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
I have had this G4 system for a couple of years now and am now finally getting around to tinkering with Virus, But I am not entirely sure how to get it to react to my midi controller? Cant figure out how to set up the Midi for virus. 

Right now as a test I have virus on an AUX return, I created a blank midi track and selected "virus 1 a" as the output destination My keyboard is assigned to the input of that midi track, how ever it doesn't work yet. I do get sound when I click on the virtual keyboard that is built into virus. 

Everything else in this rig works great thanks to all the information I gleaned from this site!

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
Well it does work with pre recorded midi tracks but still not with external midi controller. This may be a stupid question but is virus mono phonic? It does not seem to play midi data polyphonic

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
i am not a protools user, but most DAW like apps require you to enable midi controller and especially sysex input (read: throughput to a plug-in) somewhere in the prefs.
insert arbitrary signature here