Author Topic: PPC Media Center 5.0 finished! - Modern Internet Video on PPC/G4-G5 Macs  (Read 10894 times)

Offline artphotodude

• Valued Member
I know everybody here is mostly interested in Classic OS, but this might still be of interest to Tiger/Leopard users.

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/ppc-media-center-watch-modern-internet-video-ppc-macs-running-104105

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Wow that is impressive. Once VLC gave up on the PPC I didn't think we'd ever see the day where this would happen.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
the main thing it does is to install perian .. if you do that, you can also play all these funny formats with QT player. i´ve never encountered most oif theem, but it is great for playing flash.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
hm, vimeo works smoothly, thats nice. i usually use website applications for youtube, but most dont support vimeo, which i a pity because it is the main platform for geeky arts.
where can i find a list of supported sites for media center?

Offline artphotodude

• Valued Member
hm, vimeo works smoothly, thats nice. i usually use website applications for youtube, but most dont support vimeo, which i a pity because it is the main platform for geeky arts.
where can i find a list of supported sites for media center?

You can find a number of them here: http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html  Changes from week to week, but is a good general list.  Also a number of sites work that are not listed through the generic loader.

**Note some of these in the list only work in Intel - requiring rtmpdump.

Also, you should try Comedy Central.  The Multi-Segmented playback (instructions in Read Me) is pretty good.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
oh, german television, that is very good, since most of them require flash 12 when accessing via web.
not that it would be so difficult to find out the links, but ready algorithms are more comfy of course.