Author Topic: Access Virus Indigo for OS9?  (Read 9464 times)

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
Access Virus Indigo for OS9?
« on: May 01, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
According to this page that lists a bunch of OS9 TDM plugins, there was a version of the Indigo made for OS9.

I have the older Virus TDM running in OS9 (and you can too), but it doesn't read the Indigo patches. So my question is: is there a version of the Indigo for OS9 running around in the wild?

Vintage Synth has a nice comparison chart of the various versions of the Virus (including the hardware machines).

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Re: Access Virus Indigo for OS9?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
i can check if they had a vst

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »
I should have stated in my first post. :P

These were only ever made for hardware DSP. I think there was a version that ran on one of the alternate DSP cards, but I don't remember. But for sure they never made a host based version--but damn if I wouldn't want one of those. :P

Part of the reason Digi was able to seduce Access into making a plug in is because Access employed the same DSP chips in the hardware that Digi used on the TDM cards. It was relatively a simple port, and I think Digi did all of the UI action. Access just had to sit around and collet the money.  ;D

Offline Helic

• new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 08:58:53 AM »
Virus indigo for OS9 TDM would be great.

The standard (red/black) one does work great and I have many instances running in logic without issue. There are a bunch of patches available for d/l on the access website.

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 05:01:13 PM »
If you guys need patches, I have all kinds of them (like thousands) converted into Virus tdm format with a utility called Virus Mutate. Not all patches work identically the same because many of them were made for TI platform (with Wavetables, Hypersaws, etc). I spent a lot of time collecting all possible patch banks released to date, just to come to the point when I decided to start designing my own sounds from scratch :)

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 04:26:45 AM »
Hi all.

I couldn't get to work the version of virus we have here on the download section.

As i start Protools i get the following error message:

Requiered sofware extensions need to be updated.Click on the "OK" button, and you will be transferred to the PACE web site where an installer can be downloaded.

I have a clean fresh install of 9.2.2 and Logic 6.4.2 and Protools 5.1.3 installed.
I don't know if i even have installed any PACE software...

I found some attached installers of PACE software here on a thread.

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1635.msg13539#msg13539

but i would like to ask some of you if you know which one to install or if it isn't needed at all and there is another trick to make Virus work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:17:08 PM by Philgood »
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:28:15 PM »
I remember DH messaging me about this. The deal is, the later Virus TDM plug required an iLok and the iLok hasn't been cracked. The older Virus requires an authorization diskette of which I own but it's been k'd.

I uploaded the Indigo TDM plug for posterity only so that's why it's not posted here. If you want the Indigo to work, your only option is to buy an iLok authorization. I have an iLok but I'm happy with the old version.

Offline Trace-Elliot

• Enthusiast Member
  • brand new member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 01:27:15 PM »
the Links from the first Post are not working...

i´m looking for all tdm instrument plugs
tons of Digidesign Hardware and historic apple maschines .... based in germany ...

Offline tunedbytad

• Veteran Member
  • ProTools 5 addict
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 03:03:53 PM »
Hi, My name is Tad
I have a PMG4 problem
aka tunedbytad aka ProTools4 aka NotoriouSS

Offline tunedbytad

• Veteran Member
  • ProTools 5 addict
Hi, My name is Tad
I have a PMG4 problem
aka tunedbytad aka ProTools4 aka NotoriouSS

Offline Enabler

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 03:39:43 PM »
Here is the installer for OS9

Offline Enabler

• Enthusiast Member

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 04:02:24 AM »

Will it work after the 15 days of installing?

I mean if it works as demo with no trouble for 15 days or is it an version already cracked?

I am already a fan of the Access "Red" synth, so this would be nice to have.

In case it doesnt work past the 15 days is a good candidate to be on the "after restoring" install pile
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 04:59:38 AM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Enabler

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 07:44:36 AM »
Sorry No demo but you could pick a used iLock license on the DUC Buy/Sell section for cheap

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 03:34:38 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

I Will wait till I get bored of the red virus, and that by now seems imposible.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2023, 01:21:15 PM »

Will it work after the 15 days of installing?

I mean if it works as demo with no trouble for 15 days or is it an version already cracked?

I am already a fan of the Access "Red" synth, so this would be nice to have.

In case it doesnt work past the 15 days is a good candidate to be on the "after restoring" install pile

I seem to remember there was a prefs file that could be deleted that would restart the 15 day clock.

Also, although somewhat unrelated there are some folks that have written a 56K emulator, and have gotten the Virus running on it. Works pretty well on a modern machine.

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2023, 12:08:29 PM »
That are awesome News. Thanks for the heads up. I just read into it and I’m again curious to get into virus working on my Protools mix rig.
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.