Author Topic: finder crashes every boot on sawtooth /w mac os rom 10.2.1 + 'freshdrag' install  (Read 3429 times)

supernova777

This is a completely stock sawtooth 400mhz im seeing this problem on
running off IDE hard drives..

whenever i boot up with the freshdraginstall.. i have to force quit the finder..
and shutting down it seems to freeze 9times out of 10..

every boot it just sits there with the clock pointer.. which eventually turns into an arrow.. and the desktop stays blank until i do a force quit to kill finder.

is there anyone who knows the specific reason for this?
i created a limited extension set by starting from base and removed quite alot of unneeded extensions trying to find "the culprit extension" but it doesnt seem to be caused by an extension at all.

i changed ram.. no difference. made sure its all the same ram brand.. all spectek sdram.
its running off the stock ati rage pro AGP card.. this one actually has a fan on it.

ive tried disabling quicktime, disabling opengl extensions, disabling quickdraw3d,
enabling/disabling the ati extensions.. nothing seems to change it...

with the os9.0 install / mac os rom 3.5 (on a diff partition) it starts up fine + shuts down like instantly!!

supernova777

crazy enuff i think this might have been caused by the date + time being set to a really ancient date...  (1904! lol)
i started up after quitting finder i was given an network date + time error and now after changing that it seems to be shutting down instanly like the 9.0 installation.

its also booting up to the desktop.. albeit not as fast as the 9.0 install but its no longer hanging on the bootup!

HUH well what do u know? :D

i also replaced the finder v9.2 file with finder v9.0 from the os9.0 install so maybe thats what did it.. i think it really was the date/time setting though!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:29:30 AM by chrisNova777 »

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Yeah c'mon Chris... everyone KNOWS that it's 1905!!! ;D

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Yeah c'mon Chris... everyone KNOWS that it's 1905!!! ;D

A bad date can sometimes avoid you to boot on OS9/X successfully sometimes.

Build a stock system, put in on date correctly, and later put the rest of drives and PCI cards.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:45:43 PM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

come on dude u can speak better english than this.. u are being really confusing lately... i dont speak spanish this is true. but i also have a hard time understanding broken english ???