Author Topic: Digi 001  (Read 15716 times)

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
Digi 001
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:58:43 AM »
Hi

i have a digi 001 and it comes with everything for os9 (cd's).
the last version for osx 10.4/5 is supposed to have the pace drivers included on the cd to run the 001 but i had no luck so far to find them.
even the pace website doesnt seem to have an archive anymore. anybody here can help and maybe explain what the latest protools version is that can utilize the digi 001 under osx 10.4/5
and point me to the right pace drivers ?

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Digi 001
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:10:32 AM »
Advisor, Protools LE on 001 only run OS9, Jaguar and Panther. Maybe you could use CoreAudio drivers for it to work with other software than PT on Tiger/Leo. But if you want PT, OS9 and PAnther are my recommendations.

Look on Sony Oxford post. There are all ilok drivers for Ppc (OS9 and OSX)

By the  way, we still do not have the original OS9 001 Install disk, just mine copy of the original.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:49 AM »
im mean standalone core but the last archive i can find doesnt run under 10.5 for sure. it installs ilok and i get a message when i see the desktop that the drivers cant be used. the box came with windows and mac version pt le 5.1 on the mac side

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »
Off topic
im mean standalone core but the last archive i can find doesnt run under 10.5 for sure. it installs ilok and i get a message when i see the desktop that the drivers cant be used. the box came with windows and mac version pt le 5.1 on the mac side
The 7.x ones from http://archive.digidesign.com/download/coreaudio/tiger/ do not work.
Q: Does the Digidesign CoreAudio driver support simultaneous use of multiple client applications?
A: Yes. Beginning with version 6.5 and higher, the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver supports multiple CoreAudio clients. You no longer have to quit a CoreAudio application before working with another.

Q: Can I use Pro Tools in tandem with other CoreAudio applications?
A: No. Pro Tools requires exclusive access to Digidesign hardware and thus it cannot be used simultaneously with other CoreAudio applications. You will have to quit Pro Tools before using other CoreAudio programs, or vice versa.

Q: Why can't I hear my Mac system sounds through my Digidesign hardware using the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver?
A: The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver for Mac OS X does not support playback of system sounds. Your Mac system sounds will continue to be available through your Mac speaker and regular Mac line out.

Q: Why doesn't the Digidesign CoreAudio Driver for OS X allow the volume output or input to be adjusted in the OS X Sound Preference Panel? The volume sliders are greyed out.
A:This is correct behavior. The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver does not support this function. Playback volume adjustments can be made within the Digi CoreAudio Manager application.

Q: Will Pro Tools|24 MIX, Pro Tools|24, Digi 001, or Audiomedia III hardware work? I can't find them listed under supported systems.
A: Pro Tools|24 MIX, Pro Tools|24 (d24 card), Digi 001, and Audiomedia III hardware have not been tested with Mac OS X 10.4, and there is no version of Pro Tools for Mac OS X 10.4 that supports this hardware. While you can try the Digidesign CoreAudo Driver with these discontinued systems, they may not work.

Q: What about compatibility with Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" and 10.2.x "Jaguar", with or without Pro Tools installed?
A: The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver for Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" has not been tested with Mac OS X 10.3 or 10.2. We recommend that you use the correct version of the driver for your version of Mac OS X.
Try every version below 6.9.2 cs2
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:29:57 AM »

the last version for osx 10.4/5 is supposed to have the pace drivers included on the cd to run the 001 but i had no luck so far to find them.

One thing is the install for a given OS: Pt5LE for OS9 and PT6 for Jaguar/Panther

Other thing is the coreaudio driver to run DIgi 001 on OSX. To run coreaudio OSX apps with your LE hardware. Try every 6.x version to run on Tiger/Leo and post back witch one worked for you.

Other
thing are the interlok drivers for a given OS. On the Sony oxford post are the OSX and OS9 interlok drivers
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »

By the  way, we still do not have the original OS9 001 Install disk, just mine copy of the original.

the original instal disc for the digi 001 is pro tools le 5.0 which i do have the original of it came with my digi 001 when i purchased it. its been uploaded for ages.
ptle5.1 was an update

keep in mind there was more then one "Digi 001" package.. that came with different software bundled.. I have the digi 001 box.. there was also the "Digi 001 factory" which came with the bomb factory plugs + more.. perhaps it may have came with ptle5.1 im not sure.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »

ptle5.1 was an update

keep in mind there was more then one "Digi 001" package.. that came with different software bundled.. I have the digi 001 box.. there was also the "Digi 001 factory" which came with the bomb factory plugs + more.. perhaps it may have came with ptle5.1 im not sure.

My install cd uploaded installs 5.1.1 LE...

Devils-advisor look on the bottom of http://archive.digidesign.com/download/coreaudio/panther/

Try 6.4, http://akdownload.digidesign.com/support/digi/mac/osx/coreaudio64.bin
6.5.2, http://akdownload.digidesign.com/support/digi/mac/osx/coreaudio652.bin
6.7, http://akdownload.digidesign.com/support/digi/mac/osx/coreaudio67.bin
6.9 http://akdownload.digidesign.com/support/digi/mac/osx/coreaudio69.bin
and
6.9.2 cs 2 http://akdownload.digidesign.com/support/digi/mac/osx/coreaudio692cs2.bin
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 09:52:43 AM »
if u remember i found the link for downloading this directly from digidesign

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1738.msg8492#msg8492

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 09:55:51 AM »
if u remember i found the link for downloading this directly from digidesign

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1738.msg8492#msg8492

But that is an update or the full installer with 3rd parties plugs and optionals demos?

My CD included some beta DAE and DirectIO for "realtime" synths.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:06:39 AM »
I did find WHY my 001 works flawless on G3 B&W and G4s but not on my early 866 dual MDD.

http://archive.digidesign.com/compato/os9/mix/g4agp.html

Apple Power Mac G4 MDD "Mirrored Drive Doors" Models — Dual 867 MHz, Dual 1 GHz, and Dual 1.25 GHz and d24 Hardware

Some Pro Tools d24 users (as well as some Digi 001 users) have experienced a system hang on startup with early models of these CPUs. If you have experienced this problem with either d24 hardware or a Digi 001 when connected to one of the "mirrored door" G4s, you should contact AppleCare at 1 800 APL-CARE (within the U.S.). For those customers outside of the US, there should be an AppleCare card included in your Apple product packaging which has the local AppleCare phone number. When contacting AppleCare, customers should refer to the "Digidesign Digi 001 or audio system".

The previous owner of my MDD used it with a HD2, so I think he did not contacted AppleCare...

Was there out a solution for this?

I am lucky to have almost the best pre-MDD CPU daughter board at GHz dual, and I am happy with the 001 on the DA, but maybe other user have a first MDD that can't run 001 or d24 too

My MDD works only with the 001 card. In fact you can use as if it were a ADAT I/O only board.

If I connect the external rack it refuses to boot. And if I made the connection with the computer booted it shuts down.

So a year ago when I had those troubles I decided to let the 001 stay complete on my G3 B&W or my DA.

Now I have the MDD with an AM-3 and adding a Sonorus STUDI/O
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »
i need to import a few tracks which are made in a higher version of protools and then export them to take'em to os9. i wanted to use the fibre raid to store the material on it.

supernova777

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 10:27:48 AM »
i have experienced this problem with my digi 001 for sure...
it hangs on boot.. but it doesnt happen all the time.. and u can tell by the light on the ADAT connection (if its unplugged) whether or not its going to boot up + work..
if its not going to boot the light on the adat remains off.. if the light on the adat lights up it will start up .. its very strange i thought that my digi001 was damaged..
but i have it now in my 933mhz QS + it doesnt have this problem there..
aswell no problem in my g3 B&W 450mhz

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »
Chris, we both are happy w. 001 on DA/QS. I say there are LOTS of MDDs and LOTS of 001. And maybe someone other than us want to use both. There seem to be a solution thru Apple Care (Firmware?). Maybe they could change the firmware on the 001 or in the MDD
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »
did they exclude the single processor MDD on purpose? this one is ok?
i have a single + a dual (867) mdd.... i think i only had this problem of hang on the dual mdd 867!!!!!!

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 10:43:58 AM »
did they exclude the single processor MDD on purpose? this one is ok?
i have a single + a dual (867) mdd.... i think i only had this problem of hang on the dual mdd 867!!!!!!

Single 1Ghz? Never saw a single slower. There is no single 866 AFAIK

I only have a dual 866 to test, and I did with bad results a years ago. That is why I have the 001 on the DA GHZ dual.

If you have the time and will to test it on that single it would be great. But I am afraid that if AppleCare was involved it should be a question of updating a firmware on the 001 or in the MDD or in both.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »
hey btw. everybody is using protools or whatever but so far i heard only a few tracks from knezzen and nobody else ever showed up with some tracks

supernova777

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »
single processor 2003 mdd is what i have ...they only mention dual 867, dual 1ghz + dual 1.25..
but perhaps that is because of the timing of this announcement being between the release

must have been before the single processor 2003 was released.. sometime between sep 2002 + mid 2003
unless its related somehow to the dual processor config of the mdd? but it seems more likely to be related to the double - pci architecture of the mdd.. which was created long after the release of the digi 001.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:07:13 PM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 08:41:25 PM »
Chris, we both are happy w. 001 on DA/QS. I say there are LOTS of MDDs and LOTS of 001. And maybe someone other than us want to use both. There seem to be a solution thru Apple Care (Firmware?). Maybe they could change the firmware on the 001 or in the MDD

not sure but i think its a no brainer to think that the MDD is better suited for the DIGI002
which was released closer to the time of the MDD.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec02/articles/digi002.asp

here u see this article around december 2002...
remember the MDD's landed around August 2002.. (see my page http://www.oldschooldaw.com/forums/index.php?topic=389.0)
so to me it makes alot more sense to use the MDD with a DIGI002 and keep the 001 for the older architecture, QS/DA/Sawtooth/B+W.. this is why i was looking for this specific version of PT that works with the MDD + the DIGI 002 and noone would help me find this cd.. out of 1000 members here i find it hard to believe noone has ever seen this... its sad, but the truth is, most people dont care to contribute.. they only care to *take*

the digi002 looks to me to be possibly one of the best interfaces u could have on mac os 9. and they are for sale everywhere for cheap... if we could find the pt version shipped originally with the digi002 wee coudl open the door to so many hobby users using these great interfaces w/ control surface mixing

sidenote:
i wonder if there would be a way to make the digi 002 rack (Which is supposedly mac os x only) work on os9.....

Offline acelera

• Enthusiast Member
  • Drowning in cables
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »
The Digi001 has the odd accolade of being at the heart of my most productive period musically. Both on OS9 with a G4/400 as well as XP with a meagre Athlon XP1800.

If you messed around with the Digi Inits it actually reported itself to be a 882 studio and perhaps that's where it evolved from.

supernova777

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 01:05:13 PM »
well truth be told.. it was my purchasing a digi 001 which began my interest in this site a few years back ;) and when i bought it the girl was adamantly insistant about the fact that it worked amazing as long as u ran it on the older operating systems... which begain my whole documentation of tech info which is all over this site + my own now ;D