Author Topic: E-Mu Classic Series Sample CDS  (Read 68515 times)

supernova777

Re: E-Mu Classic Series Sample CDS
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 10:05:38 PM »
so i guess noone here is able to get an uploaded.net account??
i would do it if i could.. i have tried.. it keeps rejecting my credit card.. its only like 10$ for a month... and thers many things to be downloaded from this.. is there anyone in europe who could get an account for me? i could paypal u the 10$ even... its not a big deal. cost of a coffee + lunch..

i even emailed them to try to get help buying an account but they  keep sending me this template email in response... (robot response)

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9

Offline LocoTaskMaster

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 01:26:37 PM »
Supernova777 - You mention in your original post that you have uploaded bin/cue images of the EMU classics sampler disks, where are those?  I have a couple of ESI-4000 I would love to feed them to.

Thx

Offline flickflack

• Newcomer
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
I registered mostly to get these CDs too, but I'm not seeing links anywhere. Are they lost now?

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
  • Quadra 700, G4 MDD, Mac mini
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »
re. EIIIX

yes it has SCSI, Yes you can get it to work with CF Flash via a bridge.  You can create images on the CF cards that replicate a CD and read them.

But, it will not read CDs with an ordinary CD SCSI drive.  You have to use a x2 drive for some reason.  So you have to put a 2x SCSI drive on it to read AKAi and import that way.

Do note this is the last Emu Sampler that read EII and EIII samples correctly.  The later E4 Ultra series does not read or convert properly and often LFO is assigned 100pc to Pitch and other weird quirks.  The timings of envelopes, filter frequency setting are all wrong too

in any case the EIIIx sounds much better than any other later E-mu sampler and i A/B them. The EIIIx is terrifically loud too with amazing bottom end and a very analog sounding filter.  Its 90pc of the way to a EIII with an analog filter in my opinion and it can be found cheap.   If you get an EIIIXP you can upgrade it to have sampling with the insertion of 3 chips into sockets and soldering on some jacks.  The input has similar 'gain scaling' magic that was deployed on the EII, with modern IC chips.  essentially, anything that goes in maxes the ADC resolution, so 'quiet sample' does not mean 4 bit of DAC - as is the case on your 24 bit 192hz audio setup.

This is what, Rob Lodes, of Digidesign had to say about the EIIIX way back, when comparing it to the past products (full post here http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Emu/info/e-mu.History.txt:

" EIIIx
=====
This machine almost never saw the light of day.  It was canceled something
like 3 times.  I don't know who the people were that stuck to their guns to
keep it alive but they should be praised and looked at as role models for
all of us.

The EIIIx is the Emax II done right.  They made it 32  stereo voices. They
put in two H-chips, digital in (both spdif and AESEBU), if you got the
analog add on it could sample at 44.1 or 48 (this input is better then
anything I've used to date, it sounds awesome).

The put in all kinds of very cool software including realtime sample rate
conversion (go digital in an what ever sample rate and it comes out the
digital outs at 44.1) and a host of other dsp code.  These guys can write
the killer dsp.

It's 16 part multi-timbral.  The filters "model" the EIII's filters in that
they are 4 pole low pass resonating.  The modulation capabilities are
decent (but not up to xpander levels).

They put in very good SCSI support.  You can even hook it up to a Macintosh
a transfer sounds back and forth.  It's expandable to 32 meg that's user
expandable.

Over all it's one of the best sounding samplers you can get your hands on."

Offline gj67

• Newcomer
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2017, 12:40:11 AM »
so i guess noone here is able to get an uploaded.net account??
i would do it if i could.. i have tried.. it keeps rejecting my credit card.. its only like 10$ for a month... and thers many things to be downloaded from this.. is there anyone in europe who could get an account for me? i could paypal u the 10$ even... its not a big deal. cost of a coffee + lunch..

i even emailed them to try to get help buying an account but they  keep sending me this template email in response... (robot response)

Hi,

I would love to have these sample cd's and can arrange an FTP account for you on my own server. How much space do you need?

Cheers,
GJ.

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »

Hi,

I would love to have these sample cd's and can arrange an FTP account for you on my own server. How much space do you need?

Cheers,
GJ.
[/quote]

Unfortunately gj67, supernova777 has not been here for about 10 months now.
Sorry :(

Offline gj67

• Newcomer
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Already arranged it with the forum moderator :) I'll make sure to upload some sample cd's pretty soon as well.

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »
Any news on this? thx

Offline neurotor

• Newcomer
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 03:35:58 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of these CD's and can share them with me? I have a resurrected but empty E-MU Emulator III that I would love to get some samples into...

Offline mondo1976

• Newcomer
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »
Have all this stuff, but I'm new here and don't really know how I should share it. Someone mentioned an FTP earlier, so if someone wants to host a mirror then I can provide the material.

Offline Hintalo

• Newcomer
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2018, 02:44:10 PM »
How to get this fabulous stuff? I have still my ESI32 but I can not use it anymore as original samples were lost. I would be more than happy to get a link or anything to hook on!

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 12:47:56 PM »
id love to get my hands on some of these too since I just got a fully loaded E-Mu E4XT last week :D
got my mind on my scsi and my scsi on my mind

Offline Agvo

• Newcomer
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »
Also looking for these - moderators, is it possible to explain whether they were uploaded to FTP at some point and how to download?

These packages seem to have become public domain at some point, available free for years on the E-Mu web site, but that site has now been wiped and only has headphones on it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

macStuff

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2019, 05:27:05 AM »
supernova777 is me
unfortunately i have a lot of work to do to be able to locate these files again
ive been a very unorganized file archiver as of late and im not sure exactly which drive or where those files are now at this point

Offline R_CLIFFE

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »
Did these ever turn up?  Be great to use them!  thanks

Offline Monster

• Newcomer
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »
This is a great resource for sample CDs.
https://vintagemusicsamples.wordpress.com

:)

Offline Justin

• Newcomer
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »
This is a great resource for sample CDs.
https://vintagemusicsamples.wordpress.com

:)

I was going to say that this would be the place to upload sample libraries to....and then I realised they are all using external file storage links. Google drive though is suggested...
In any case as an Emulator X3 user with ChickenSys I am keen especially to get the full world music stuff...
I get that it's quite a hassle though and quite a lot of data too.
As a couple of others have said that's why I joined this site...I run PC (I fondly remember MacOS9 though!) On which note, what do you guys think, did Emu shoot themselves in the foot or what when they made Emulator X PC only! At that point I think the majority of Emu sampler users were on Mac!

Offline carrierF

• Newcomer
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2024, 05:33:38 PM »
I wanted to hop in and see if anyone had tracked any of these e-mu collections down? Mactron, thank you for the tutorial on sample set conversion.

Did these get backed up, or does anyone have these e-mu iso files?

I found a collection of reason RFL files from 2003-2011 if anyone is interested in trading.