Author Topic: Protools Aux issue  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Protools Aux issue
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »

I have a friend running PT 5.2 and his old projects are OK, but his new projects are all coming up with only "1 Aux input" on all channels for sends... when you select a new channel the busing section only allows 1 input (A)... do you have a quick fix... he needs at least 2 aux sends (one for reverb and 1 for delay on each vocal).

Maybe the I/O Assignation is wrong. It is good to click on defaults in the I/O setup to use defaults in Inputs, Outputs, Inserts and Buses to make them work. 
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Protools Aux issue
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
Under 'display' menu..scroll down to 'sends view shows' and select 'assignments'

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »
just looked a of couple of your sceen shots... don't think I understood the problem? ::)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:50:35 PM »
Under 'display' menu..scroll down to 'sends view shows' and select 'assignments'
Maybe I Didn't understand the question...  ???

I always found PT with all the sends on the mixer. But It could be that too.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »
a number of times while I was working on a project the 'sends view' has inadvertently gotten changed to just showing 1 send (probably hit some keyboard short cut)... when I first looked at your post I thought that might have happened to your 'friend'.

After re-reading the post I wasn't sure exactly what the problem was that your friend was having! :o

After looking at the pictures I thought maybe you were just giving a I/O tutorial or something! ;D ;D

Maybe you could clarify??

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »

After re-reading the post I wasn't sure exactly what the problem was that your friend was having! :o

After looking at the pictures I thought maybe you were just giving a I/O tutorial or something! ;D ;D

Maybe you could clarify??

I thought that the missing sends were in cursive . If they are in cursive you have to make what I told first. But it seems that only one send was saw, so your ...
sends view shows' and select 'assignments
is more accurate with the trouble.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4