Author Topic: Hi and thank you!  (Read 3857 times)

Offline tgessner

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Hi and thank you!
« on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:55 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been think about building a OS9 based recording setup for a while now. Last week, I finally found a suitable PowerBook G4 800 in a good shape on ebay classifieds here in Germany and was ready to get started.

Although the machine was in perfect condition and even came in its original packaging, the original install disks were missing and the PowerBook ran OS X 10.4 (which, btw, ran very swift on this old hardware). Luckily, I came across this forum and the OS 9 universal installer disk image, which basically saved me. @Diehard: Thank you!

Now, with a fresh OS9 installed, I can start building my DAW.

Interestingly, OS9 drivers for my favourite pieces of kit like the Metric Halo ULN-2 and the Radikal SAC2.2 are still available. With the help of you guys, I plan to have a sweet little OS9 recording rig in a few weeks.

Thanks again, really appreciate the work of you guys keeping this platform alive!

Regards,

Thomas

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Hi and thank you!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:23:19 AM »
Welcome aboard tgessner!! ;D Yes there are LOTS of helpful people and 'stuff' here! Have my eye on some Metric Halo too! Been using their 'Channel Strip' quite a bit lately on a PT rig. What do you plan on for a DAW on your PowerBook?

Offline tgessner

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:54:44 PM »
Welcome aboard tgessner!! ;D Yes there are LOTS of helpful people and 'stuff' here! Have my eye on some Metric Halo too! Been using their 'Channel Strip' quite a bit lately on a PT rig. What do you plan on for a DAW on your PowerBook?

Hi,

I run Motu DP 8 on my main rig and will run DP 3 on the OS9 setup. I am on Digital Performer since V4.5 (on OS X, of course) and I am a believer ;)

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:13:42 PM »
right on .. dp 3 ;)  8)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
Have A G4 PowerBook hanging around here... thinking I might do a OS9/DP3 rig on that too! Spent a LOT of time on 'Performer' in the late 80's but not DP. I guess now is as good a time as any!! ;D