Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL UAD-1 OWNERS!!!  (Read 16817 times)

supernova777

ATTENTION ALL UAD-1 OWNERS!!!
« on: November 14, 2013, 01:53:38 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=uad-1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xuad-1+%28card%2C+pci%29.TRS0&_nkw=uad-1+%28card%2C+pci%29&_sacat=0

please visit http://www.uaudio.com/support/uad1 ASAP!!

the uad-1 plugin support system is being discontinued + locked down
as of december 31st 2013. this means u will be unable to purchase further
plugins for your uad-1 after this date, and/or owner transfers will no longer
be available.. there is also a 200$ plugin credit for those wishing to upgrade
to UAD-2+ systems if u do so before the end of this year.. you will still be able
to upgrade past the new years eve deadline but without this 200$ incentive.

read more at the url above!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:50:57 AM by supernova777 »

supernova777

Re: ATTENTION ALL UAD-1 OWNERS!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:08 AM »
Notice to UAD-1 Users

As of December 31, 2013, we will be shutting down the UAD-1 registration / authorization servers and related UAD-1 card transfer functions. We will also be discontinuing the sale of UAD-1 plug-ins in our online store.

UA has not introduced a new UAD-1 plug-in since 2009; and our planned deactivation of the 12-year old UAD-1 servers is a necessary step for us to move the UAD platform forward into 2014 and beyond.

Please note that, in every other way, your UAD-1 card and plug-ins will continue to work exactly as they always have. After December 31st, you will still be able to download your final UAD-1 authorization file, but you will not be able to make any changes to it

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:31 AM »
$200 "Last Chance" UAD-2 Upgrade - Now Through December 31st, 2013

To obtain your $200 "Last Chance" UAD-1 to UAD-2 upgrade coupon, follow these simple steps:

Purchase and register any new UAD-2 device (PCIe, Satellite, or Apollo) on or before December 31st, 2013.
    You will automatically receive a $200 plug-in coupon in your my.uaudio account upon registration of the new UAD-2 device.
    The coupon is redeemable toward the purchase of any UAD plug-in in our online store by February 28, 2014.

"Last Chance" Offer Exclusions

One UAD-1 upgrade coupon per customer.
    Applies to new UAD-2 device registrations only.
    A UAD-1 device must already exist in your my.uaudio account to qualify.
    Transferring a previously registered (used) UAD-2 device does not qualify.

Additional Notes

Offer applies to all registered UAD-1 users, including those with UAD-1 only systems and/or mixed UAD-1/UAD-2 systems.
    The UAD-2 device can be purchased from any authorized UA dealer.
    No proof of purchase is required (it's the new device registration that delivers the coupon).
    Your UAD-1 plug-in licenses automatically cross-grade to the UAD-2 versions

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 01:55:11 AM »
On January 1, 2014, all UAD-1 accounts will be frozen in their current state, the UAD-1 authorization servers will be decommissioned, and it will no longer be possible to:

Register a UAD-1 device
    Purchase UAD-1 plug-ins
    Transfer UAD-1 devices between user accounts
    Obtain factory repair or replacement of UAD-1 hardware (including parts)

After January 1, 2014, it will still be possible to:

Use your UAD-1 device with UAD v6.1 or lower software
    Download your final (static) UAD-1 authorization file
    Use your UAD-1 with UAD-2 devices in a mixed system (UAD v6.1 or lower only)
    Cross-grade your UAD-1 licenses to UAD-2 licenses at no charge

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Get AUD-1 Cards cheap on eBay for OS 9
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »
Remember that even though Universal Audio will no longer lets you transfer plugins and re-register second hand cards after the deadline..
there will be great deals on cards that people will think are useless, but will still be usable under OS 9

1) Buy ONLY "Mackie" version UAD-1 Cards from ebay or other sources (They will have extra plugins that will auto-activate under Mac OS 9)

2) Download from http://www.uaudio.com/support/uad/archives.html the UAD Powered Plug-Ins v3.9.0

3) Install in OS 9; you will NOT need to authorize or activate and all the "Mackie" version included plugins listed below will work perfectly

MACKIE VERSION INCLUDED PLUGINS
=======================
Every UAD-1 package arrives complete with the UAD-1 DSP card and a comprehensive package of ultra high quality plug-ins, including RealVerb Pro, the 1176LN and Teletronix LA-2A Vintage Compressors, the Nigel Guitar Processor, and the CS-1 Channel Strip, all of which were developed by Universal Audio. The CS-1 is comprised of plug-ins developed specifically for the UAD-1, including EQ, compression, delay modulation, and reflection engine modules. Nigel is also a suite of plug-ins, including the Pre-flex amp and speaker cabinet modeler, Echo, Delay Modulation, Tremelo, Modulation Filter, Compressor/Gate and Phasor. As with the CS-1, these components can be used together or separately.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:54:09 PM by DieHard »

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 06:12:15 AM »
any reccommendations for paid only plugins? i have a few like the EMT plate 140... and the 1176LN i think i have aswell.. but im wondering if theres any others worth getting on your account before its too late! perhaps i should list them all out..

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »
http://www.uaudio.com/store/reverbs/dreamverb.html

big deal on this plug if u dont have it.. down from 149 to 49.00
only 1-2 weeks left to buy uad-1 plugins . last chance!

supernova777

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »
http://www.uaudio.com/blog/dbx-160-combo

this is looking appealing to me.. hmmmmmmmm
then again maybe i could have a real dbx160 for the same price!

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »
Just wanted to say that I just bougth one UAD-1 pci. I am using it in a snow leopard hackintosh in 32bit mode. Os 9 gives me no advantage in using UAD'1 in my actual workflow. It just run the plugs by defect  :(  . But have no latency on Protools 9 HD as should have no latency on Os9 Logic. I mean, it is automaticly arranged. Sorry for my english
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Get AUD-1 Cards cheap on eBay for OS 9
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »
=======================
Every UAD-1 package arrives complete with the UAD-1 DSP card and a comprehensive package of ultra high quality plug-ins, including RealVerb Pro, the 1176LN and Teletronix LA-2A Vintage Compressors, the Nigel Guitar Processor, and the CS-1 Channel Strip, all of which were developed by Universal Audio. The CS-1 is comprised of plug-ins developed specifically for the UAD-1, including EQ, compression, delay modulation, and reflection engine modules. Nigel is also a suite of plug-ins, including the Pre-flex amp and speaker cabinet modeler, Echo, Delay Modulation, Tremelo, Modulation Filter, Compressor/Gate and Phasor. As with the CS-1, these components can be used together or separately.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Get AUD-1 Cards cheap on eBay for OS 9
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »

... all of which were developed by Universal Audio.
I thought Realverb Pro  and Nigel were made by Kind of Loud ( http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_kind_loud_technologies/
http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/of-loud-technologies-real-verb-rtas/
http://www.digitalprosound.com/Htm/Articles/June/KOL-ProTools.htm

On the new plugs it appears Universal Audio Logo, but the original in mac os 9 appears kind of loud logo
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 06:18:46 PM »
which v. of pt is that? is that 8.0.5? oh right.. its the pt 9 hd ;) nvm;)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »
which v. of pt is that? is that 8.0.5? oh right.. its the pt 9 hd ;) nvm;)
Protools 9.0.4 HD.
On Leopard there is a XVX version of Protools 8 for any coreaudio hardware but Intel only. But was unstable. Some users with M'Audio and digidesign hardware could run it with best results as the dongle eat half cpu.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
Kind of Loud Logo on Realverb
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 05:36:07 PM »
I know that a UAD card works in OS9, but does it work in Pro Tools 5.1.3? I don't know which kind of format they'd be in but I imagine it's RTAS if so. Are the rest of the plus VST?

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:33 PM »
UAD-1 OS9 plugs are VST only AFAIK

But there is a RTAS version of REALVERB, and the UAD-1 is REALVERB PRO
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4