Author Topic: On the hunt for a PCI to SATA controller for os X  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Ed Redfern

• Enthusiast Member
  • Blind music producer
On the hunt for a PCI to SATA controller for os X
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »
Hi folks.

ok here's a challenge for you.

I'm on the hunt for a PCI SATA and also  PCI ATA/133 or similar MAC compatible PCI controller card.

Why you ask? OK here's the plan and what's just changed the goal posts for a new and exciting ride lol

I've now acquired a powerbook G4 1.67ghz and a magma 4 slot PCI to PCMCIA chassis, just what would make my work easier. the powerbook will be customised to heck and the protools tdm system loaded to the 4 slot unit so I can use the setup for touring work rather than lugging a massive G4 tower full of drives.

the G4 MDD will still be used, but as a fixed installation but that's going to be on the back burner.

so, could use some suggestions, even better, some ebay links would help.

cheers.

ed
Blind Music Producer / Studio Engineer / Sound Designer using legacy technologies that most of today's users don't understand well enough. Rebuilding a recording studio after falling victim to a pro audio company who cleaned out an analogue studio for modern equipment upgrades that went wrong. With help from amazing people, manufacturers, etc, things are looking up. Now trying to rebuild the G3 / G4 side of the studio.