Did you liked?

Yes
5 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
mmm still thinking about...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: FADE TO GREY - Cover version by Irisman and friends  (Read 7391 times)

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
FADE TO GREY - Cover version by Irisman and friends
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:29:12 AM »

Recently I finished this cover version. May some of you be interested about listening to it:

Philadelphia Experiment: FADE TO GREY Cover

http://cendoreg.es/wav/FADE%20TO%20GREY%20%28remix%2020.01.2015%29.wav

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: FADE TO GREY - Cover version by Irisman and friends
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 04:24:30 PM »
Cool!
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »
interesting!  8)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
Yes, I like it. :)
But I think you should go a bit further and make a more impressive version as the Visage itself have done in 2014 with his "Orchestra and Synthesizer" version.  8)
Any way, can you explain us a bit of the inner work? Software, Hardware and MakingOff ...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
Yes, I like it. :)
But I think you should go a bit further and make a more impressive version as the Visage itself have done in 2014 with his "Orchestra and Synthesizer" version.  8)
Any way, can you explain us a bit of the inner work? Software, Hardware and MakingOff ...

Hi, I went "further" where I wanted to go :)  Maybe not for all´s taste, but you know...   ;)

Okay, I´ll try to tell some tech things about the cover:

There are 3 different voices, recorded with a Shure SM58 Mic. The choir effect "fade to grey" was created by recording multiple tracks of two of the voices. I used Cubase 5 for this project on windows machines, running win7 64bits. Synthesizers used: physical Juno 106 (for the main sequence along the song), physical Kawai K3 for the "monophonic melody" sound (external delay and fx added). Choir voices are from Kontakt program (Symphony of Voices). Drum rhythm sound is from Halion, reinforced with a bass drum of the TR707 played with an Akai S3000XL, and some extra snare drum samples. It´s also used the Wavestation for some strings, as well as the Superwave VST synthesizer for more stringed sound. Chimes sound are from the Wavestation, and there are several layers of fretted and fretless electric guitars. The glissando bass sound comes from an electric upright bass the a friend of mine recorded in Germany. The mix was mainly done with a Behringer BCR2000 controlling volumes of the mixer in Cubase. The mix was done by recording lots of automations in volume changes, pan, mutes, etc. There were heavy use of soft limiters/compressors in the vst fx chains. Finally, after a bit of touch with Cool Edit Pro 2.0, I got an extra volume mastering the mix with Izotope Ozone.

And complete work took more than two years since the start. I had no hurry.

Mmmmm more or less :)

Any question, please ask ;)

Offline chokobo

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 11:11:29 PM »
Thanks for posting!

You've done great work here. I encourage you to keep at it. The vocals are getting a little lost in the mix. This is something that I've always found really difficult. You are so close though so keep at it!  8)

Offline macdrum

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 08:45:16 PM »
Nice :)

Offline Irisman

• Veteran Member
  • each day I am older
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 02:27:03 PM »
If enough users on this forum are interested in listening a remixed and remastered version of this old track "FADE TO GREY" (YOU REMEMBER?? ), then, in 7 days, I will decide if I post here a link to get a genuine copy of final finished production (beta version).

AFAIK, Acelera user will show interest about this, as he is Spanish like me.

Come on, any other ones?
 8)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 03:52:56 PM »
post anything you like, from mp3 to exported stems. ;)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 05:33:35 AM »
If enough users on this forum are interested in listening a remixed and remastered version of this old track "FADE TO GREY" (YOU REMEMBER?? ), then, in 7 days, I will decide if I post here a link to get a genuine copy of final finished production (beta version).

AFAIK, Acelera user will show interest about this, as he is Spanish like me.

Come on, any other ones?
 8)

i just love "final finished production (beta version)"
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 07:03:18 AM »

i just love "final finished production (beta version)"

Haha... I got a chuckle out of that! ;D

I clicked on the link to check out the tune before I realized it was 8yrs old (link no longer worked for me)... SOOO... I'd certainly give the new 'final' a listen!! :D