Author Topic: pitchinnoisestudy  (Read 3376 times)

Offline dr bu

• Gold Member
  • inconsistent soul
pitchinnoisestudy
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:00:37 AM »
this small patch is a spin-off from my work building cheep pitchtrackers, thus asking questions about differences between periodic and aperiodic waveforms.
i would like to share it with all of you who are dying to know about max but are afraid to ask.

from a user-defined mix of noise and a sinewave, deviation between successive samples determine what is noise, while the amount of zerocrossings direct the pitch. you can control the speed of these calculations. the outcome will then be played by an oscillator, optionally with white noise.

i made a standalone version for the lacy. enclosed is the original max-patch in case somebody feel like improving. this may be opened in max/msp or max runtime.
i tried to make the interface as clear as possible, but feel free to ask if you have any questions.
actually...some presets sounds like these obnoxious patients of mine...  ;)
djupsinnig

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: pitchinnoisestudy
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »
this small patch is a spin-off from my work building cheep pitchtrackers, thus asking questions about differences between periodic and aperiodic waveforms.
i would like to share it with all of you

Thank you for sharing your work.

who are dying to know about max but are afraid to ask.

There isn't much to know about MAX, there is no need to die for it.  :) LOL

from a user-defined mix of noise and a sinewave, deviation between successive samples determine what is noise, while the amount of zerocrossings direct the pitch. you can control the speed of these calculations. the outcome will then be played by an oscillator, optionally with white noise.

i made a standalone version for the lacy. enclosed is the original max-patch in case somebody feel like improving. this may be opened in max/msp or max runtime.
i tried to make the interface as clear as possible, but feel free to ask if you have any questions.
actually...some presets sounds like these obnoxious patients of mine...  ;)

I can share a few like those. I have a alot of them when I'm in the wrong way programing my favorite synth,  :) LOL
Please don't PM about things that are not private.