Author Topic: Sony Oxford Dynamics  (Read 79199 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Sony Oxford Dynamics
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2015, 11:26:15 AM »
What damage (aside the bought iloked licenced software) can do to a pure OS9 install to delete those 3 folders?  Is it something like rebuilding the desktop?

for most products rebuilding the desktop is not neccessary, or only required at the first round.

but in my opinion loosing a software you bought and/or which you depend on for a current project is the third worst damage you can have (after loosing the project files or damaging the computer hardware^^)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »
And of course I know what I'm doing.

if we we would really know, we would not have to test it, we could just do it.

sorry, dear PT users, but i dont even have PT installed atm, haha.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
I'm having good results. ie I have achieved to reset the iLok demo in Mac Os 9 without full re-partitioning the hard disk and without re-erasing the working volume.

I'm trying to find the files involved ...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »

the trick seems to be that you may not be a protools user.

since i switched to cubase in 1989 i think i even have better weather in my area.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2015, 07:15:56 AM »
So ...

Filebuddy 7.6 on Mac OS 9.2.2
files are :

TheVolumesettingsfolder
Desktop DB
Desktop DF

after this you got 14 days to compress and equalize properly

I have found that ferridirection is right but only in part.
Because deleting "TheVolumeSettingsFolder", "Desktop DB" and/or "Desktop DF" is needed, but is not enough to reset the iLok counter. A few more files are implied and are located in "Preferences" and "Application Support" folder.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2015, 01:23:17 PM »
Even Though I'm not interested in Pro Tools, this Sony EQ is very good, may be deserves a few more tries while we dont' have it in VST format, at least ... LOL

plus we would have to create a custom GUI for it, because the original looks terrible.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »
The good news is that I have a procedure that successfully reset the iLok counter for Sony Oxford plugins in Mac Os 9. The bad news is that only worked in the test computer, once I try the same procedure in the MDD I use to work on, the procedure fails, due to a missing invisibles file and folder, that should be in the Application Support folder,  :o so I'm confused ...

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »

since i switched to cubase in 1989 i think i even have better weather in my area.

Now THAT is funny! Haha! ;D

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »
... once I try the same procedure in the MDD I use to work on, the procedure fails ...

Now the procedure works in any computer. But the main problem is that the damn thing hides invisible files and folders in different places ( I have a  list of four of them ). And it not always use all places at the same time. Some times even write in some files in the Preferences Folders, (I have a  list of seven suspicious files )...

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2015, 12:31:49 AM »
The bad news is that only worked in the test computer, once I try the same procedure in the MDD I use to work on, the procedure fails, due to a missing invisibles file and folder, that should be in the Application Support folder,  :o so I'm confused ...
Now the procedure works in any computer. But the main problem is that the damn thing hides invisible files and folders in different places ( I have a  list of four of them ). And it not always use all places at the same time. Some times even write in some files in the Preferences Folders, (I have a  list of seven suspicious files )...

If procedure depends on model that is bad news. I wonder if it reachs other drives aside system presents on Mac to put those hidden files. Your study was limited to one drive and one partition.

Thanks for your time MacTron. I was waiting for Sanek and ferridirection could come to forum more frequently and explain their methods in a clearer way. All OSX ilok reseter I tested did not reset the Sony ones in OSX.3 . The iLok hardware from 99 to 2011 did not changed. It is the interlok drivers what changed or evolved.

Some notes on OSX ilok
http://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/ilok-problems-with-waves-trial-version-mac-important.426828/
http://www.codez4mac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=3790
    ((OO)) wrote:I'm pretty sure you can't reset at all if you're using pace 5.3.3. You need to uninstall and use pace version 5.3 or earlier instead.

yep, anything above 5.3.x is un-useable.

you can delete PACE from the following locations:

HD/Library/Application Support
-->PACE Anti-Piracy

HD/Library/StartupItems
-->PACESupport

HD/System/Library/CFMSupport
-->InterLok® Engine

HD/System/Library/Extentions
-->PACESupport.kext

PS: you can check what version you have by going here:
HD/Library/Application Support/PACE Anti-Piracy/iLokSupport.bundle

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:52 AM »
I'm resetting everything (Sony Oxford) with iLok 5.4 !!  8) LOL

I'll try lower versions of iLok, let's see if it is easiest in this way...

I wonder if it reachs other drives aside system presents on Mac to put those hidden files. Your study was limited to one drive and one partition.

I thought that the security system can go up to the partition table level at first. But now I'm pretty sure that is limited to the partition/volume level only.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:33:18 AM by MacTron »

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2015, 12:15:42 PM »
Using InterLok Engine v 5.0.5 it is really easy to reset the counter:

Delete the content of "HFSExtentTables" folder inside "TheVolumeSettingsFolder" (this folders and files are invisibles). And perform a Desktop rebuild.

The same procedure is valid for Antares Filter (and athers ILoked demos, maybe), and Yes this one is avaliable as VST (plus MAS and RTAS)  :) :D ;D

Offline ferridirection

• almost new to the forums
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2015, 09:17:27 PM »
sorry for my spotty presence - I'm the guy of the 3 hidden files - well - I have Mac OS 9.2.2 only and it works using that Filebuddy application - I'm gonna try to upload my Plugin files so you guys can try installing those - can't do it right now - anyway what seems different is plug-in files in the DAE folder have some spaces before the name so instead of  "Sony Dynamics" - my plug in file is called "     Sony Dynamics" - so they may be different than what you guys are intalling - I'll try to post them asap.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2015, 10:47:53 PM »
Ahhh... the old 'mystery space' trick!! ;D

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2015, 09:08:23 AM »
there are some software products which you actually may not rename because the copy protection scheme requires a certain name. the majot situation are some inits, where the name of the file controls the load order. later versions of the copypaste extension may not be renamed after you registered it - or could be renamed in a certain way in order to run it for free.

Offline RTIInstaller

• Veteran Member
  • Digidesign since 1994
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2015, 10:54:12 PM »
So what this thread is actually saying is that if you are not a mac power user you wont be able to do this, I don't even know where to find this ---> InterLok Engine 5 or how to install it.  :-[

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2015, 02:13:06 AM »
I think that we do not meet Sanek and Ferridirection way to do.

I think they both have OSX and OS9 on same drive and same partition.

No, I have OS9 and OSX installed on 2 partitions of the same disk.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2024, 04:15:02 AM »
... once I try the same procedure in the MDD I use to work on, the procedure fails ...

when we reset ilok demos on osx we used fseventer during installation to figure out where the hidden files were placed. its a dirty method that was the best before unpace stripped the pace code out of the installers.
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts