Author Topic: Sony Oxford Dynamics  (Read 79233 times)

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: Sony Oxford Dynamics
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »
Yes, Chris, I did. And Im sorry that I didn't do anything. I have more time on my hands now and the "spark" is getting back to me.

And I uploaded the pack a month before all the posting guidelines from DieHard where released.

Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

supernova777

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2015, 12:44:57 AM »
knez im not attacking you man.....

u should do what u feel is important.. as we all always have done + always will do..

i was only making the point that doing things 1 thing at a time slowly over time.. its alot better then trying to upload 1000 things at once.. because we are all focused on other things aswell.. and can only chew one biteful at a time.

the small steady drip fills the bucket

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2015, 05:55:02 AM »
What is the path of these 3 hidden files?

he is right it also works manually. it is different files on every computer. i dont inow by heart but i think its all in root/hfsextenttables/. check this with resedit or any other app which lets you browse invisible folders, then just watch out what the installer adds to it.
(and again: dont delete anything inside this folder of which you dont know where it belongs to in case you also have also bought products which use the same method.)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline ferridirection

• almost new to the forums
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2015, 06:52:08 AM »
So ...

Filebuddy 7.6 on Mac OS 9.2.2
files are :

TheVolumesettingsfolder
Desktop DB
Desktop DF

after this you got 14 days to compress and equalize properly

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »
Thanks ferridirection (and welcome by the way) for your pure OS9 method to reset iLok plugs.

Thanks Sanek for your OSX method.

We got the OS, the machine and the reseter. What am I missing? Oh, yeah.

Will anyone of you be so nice to send us the demo? This is like having the keys of a car, all the fuel desired and no car.

Aha. So we are counting now? Fun. I'll get to it then, boss.

Yes, some of us have skills to count:

Methods to fools iLok: 2    vs    Demos needing iLok: 0

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »
Yes, guys, I'll try to post them tonight...

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2015, 12:05:54 PM »

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »
The mixer that brought us this plugs

[youtube]dinGtdAgE5E[/youtube]

[youtube]VOb_HqK0_RA[/youtube]
Michael Tapes,5 months ago. As I recall we sold somewhere around 50+ consoles in total. I have no idea how many are still in use.
http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/model_detail.cfm?id=670400

http://www.soundpure.com/m/sonnox-ltd-sony-oxford-/582
Sonnox Ltd. has evolved out of Sony Oxford, which in turn traces its history back to a group of five dedicated audio professionals that first worked together in the early 1980s. These engineers spent many years together designing analogue and digital consoles for Solid State Logic, and subsequently left to start a new Company in 1988 that was called Oxford Digital. Over the following few years the team slowly expanded, until in 1993 it became Sony Oxford. The major product design from Sony Oxford was the OXF-R3 Digital Mixing Console, commonly called 'the Oxford Console'. This high end digital audio console was conceived by Oxford Digital in the late 1980s and productised for commercial release by Sony in the mid 1990s.

All hardware and software, all audio i/o, all system architecture and cosmetic design, and all audio algorithms and signal flow were designed by the engineers in Oxford, including an audio DSP chip (at that time it was impossible to buy DSP technology with enough power). Even a bespoke microcode compiler and router were developed from scratch. Although software maintenance of the OXF-R3 continued for some years, the core activities of the group diversified. Sony Oxford became the world leader for development of 1-bit audio processing (DSD, the basis for SACD), and additionally a variety of R&D contracts were undertaken on behalf of various groups in Sony. As technology became cheaper with increasing power, a group formed in Sony Oxford that began to focus on how best to re-purpose the Oxford technologies into audio workstations. This group became a development partner with DigiDesign and began work to create the Oxford EQ for Pro Tools. At the same time, work was started on the infrastructure for an e-commerce scheme that would become instrumental for sales and registration of the new software products. In September 2002 the CD boxed versions of the OXF-R3 EQ started selling around the world. This was followed by a port of the EQ to TC Works PowerCore, a version of the OXF-R3 Dynamics section, and then two newer plug-ins (the Inflator and the TransMod), which didn't feature prominently in the Oxford console and needed significant re-working for the plug-ins market.These early products were followed with a Reverb and a Limiter, and the platform base was broadened to include native hosts such as VST and Audio Units. By 2006 this plug-ins software initiative was operating as an almost self-contained business unit within Sony.

To stimulate the business and allow it to thrive, the business unit was spun out of Sony in April 2007 and became a new and independent Company called Sonnox Ltd. Looking to the future, Sonnox is committed to expanding its plug-ins business with frequent introduction of new products and support for a wide range of platforms.

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »
Shit, the Sonnox os9.rar files appears as 2 folders, the 3 files, a finder.dat file and a RESOURCE.FRK folder with the 3 files.  How to recover this?

It is supposed to be the demo installer or the actual plug to place on DAE/Plugins?

WARNING: OFFTOPIC

The screen set of the mixer seem like Atari ST/Amiga/ first 16 bit machines. Or more accurate, a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Archimedes, don't you think?

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »
I'm just getting a "Not Allowed" message :'(

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »
Here is for those outside Adrive club.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »
Shit, the Sonnox os9.rar files appears as 2 folders, the 3 files, a finder.dat file and a RESOURCE.FRK folder with the 3 files.  How to recover this?

It is supposed to be the demo installer or the actual plug to place on DAE/Plugins

just place them in DAE / plugins folder.
If there are any issues, let me know. We'sort it out.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2015, 02:48:19 PM »

I will try to explain better. The RAR file is unrared with unRARX on 10.6.8. That gives me a folder with name Sonnox_Os9 that contains 4 files called SonyOxfordDynamics_OS9, SonyOxfordEQ_OS9 ,SonyOxfordInflator_OS9 and FINDER.DAT. Also a folder called RESOURCE.FRK that contains 3 files SONYOX'1, SONYOX'2 and SONYOX'3.

I think the resources are broken, because they are in a different folder. I can't expand the files in other way. Stuffit in OS9 makes the same thing.

Sanek, can you install  FileType and tell us what type and creator they have in your DAE/Plugins to work?

Someone has recovered resources in RESOURCE.FRK to the files in OS9?

All I found is a UNIX terminal app without GUI https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/mac-os-x/0596009437/re80.html
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »

If your 3 files are mean to be placed on DAE/Plug folder, they are the plugs themselves.

The best solution to transfer those files is to make a .sit file of everyone, and that file encode to .BIN

Moderators have included those methods on some post, but I cant find them.

.RAR and .ZIP are standard today, but they are hard to manage on OS9.

I tried both MacRAR posted on http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2214.0 and noon works for me...
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
Check my adrive dir

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
Check my adrive dir
Just did. Dynamic expands, Eq expands, but Inflator is not a sit.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »
Try those 2. Will post Inflator tom.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »
Placed the files on plugs folder, protools load them when opening but they do not appear in plugins list or Audiosuite...

Maybe is a trouble related to LE systems.

By the way, the files from the rar have surname OS9 and the sit files got OSX surname
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Sanek

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2015, 03:52:41 PM »
Damn, it's been a long time since I had installed them... Don't remember exactly, how and which distrubutive was the right one...

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2015, 04:24:06 PM »
i am not sure if inflator existed at all in OS9. the two others do. the reverb was for PTHD only, and the restoration was TDM only. after restoration everything was OSX only.
insert arbitrary signature here