Author Topic: Heya!  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Xernicus

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Heya!
« on: January 20, 2015, 07:11:36 PM »
Hi everyone, and a big thank you to the moderators for activating my account. :)

I've been working with OS 9 now since it came out, and I'm excited to meet a group of people who are as dedicated as I am to keeping the OS, and it's supported hardware, alive. Personally, I don't think there's a more productive operating environment as the classic Mac System/OS.

I administered a network of OS9 computers from 2005-2011, and I had a great time doing it. Though most of the work I do now on classic Mac hardware is writing, photo editing, followed by DAW work using GB and Logic.
I learned how to compose, sequence, remix, etc all on Mac hardware (an eMac... probably 1.2 or 1.4Ghz, running Tiger), and although I have a PC (and can use Cubase, ACID, and Live on it) the workflow is not the same, often leading to disappointing project results.

For those interested, here's a list of my natively compatible Mac OS 9 machines:
-iMac G3 DV SE 500 (Summer 2000, Snow)
-PowerBook G4 667MHz DVI
-Powerbook G3 Pismo (currently needs some work done)
-PowerMac G4 450MHz Sawtooth with AGP (The speed dumped model :s)

I also have a Dual 2.0 G5, and various Motorola 68x000 powered compact Macs and PowerBooks.

To close things off, attached is the first track that I ever put together (that sounded decent), made with GB 04 or 06 (can't remember). I made it for a movie that some friends and I were re-dubbing as a parody, involving aliens that came down to earth to eat pizza (hence the title).

I look forward to what we all can accomplish with our classic Macs, and as a community- and I'm especially grateful for the work that has already been done (such as the 9.2.2 Universal CD that made getting my G3 iMac going again a cinch!)

Best regards,
Xern