Author Topic: Logic VS for Mac?  (Read 8023 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Logic VS for Mac?
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »
Did Emagic ever release a version of Logic VS for Mac?? I had the version for PC but at the time my computer was too slow for it to be of much use to me. Don't know how far they went with their Roland support... I had/have the VS-1680 and got the Logic software after it was released but then switched to to PT 001 when that came out. Been thinking about using the VS-1680 for some stuff and revisiting the Logic VS software... like I don't have ENOUGH things to waste my time now!!! Haha! ;D

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Logic VS for Mac?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »
HI

there are right now on Ebay some original CDs for auction.
In the meantime I just uploaded (for the very first time  :o ) a converted .img file of the CD installer on Macintoshgarden.org:
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/emagic-logic-vs

I hope it will work.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »
Hey that's great Cyberish!! I checked out that eBay auction and it looks like Logic VS had a Mac version when it was originally released!?! I must not have had a suitable Mac at the time and just assumed it was PC only. ::) Looks like I'll be searching through some storage bins to try and track down my copy to verify that... pleasantly shocked!! haha  ;D ;D

Thanks Cyberish!!

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 02:29:25 AM »
to state the obvious this is obviously not usefull to anyone that doesnt have a VS piece of hardware.. im guessing

also, interested to know the date of the files on the cd.. to cross reference with which version of normal logic it corresponds with.. im guessing its around v4.x?

Offline Ed Redfern

• Enthusiast Member
  • Blind music producer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 03:59:09 AM »
Logic VS is designed ideally for Roland VS series hard disk recorders including the SI-24 mixer interface and the RBUS PCI interface which works as an 8 channel interface. you can tandem a few of these together to give up to 24 track in / out but to be honest you get more out of Logic pro / platinum 5 onwards.
Blind Music Producer / Studio Engineer / Sound Designer using legacy technologies that most of today's users don't understand well enough. Rebuilding a recording studio after falling victim to a pro audio company who cleaned out an analogue studio for modern equipment upgrades that went wrong. With help from amazing people, manufacturers, etc, things are looking up. Now trying to rebuild the G3 / G4 side of the studio.

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
to cross reference with which version of normal logic it corresponds with.. im guessing its around v4.x?

hi chris

yes, it's a Logic VS 4.05 version...

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:37 AM »
that would date its actual release to be some time between august + december 1999

according to my information that would mean that this logic vs version will not support vst instruments, as it needs to be logic 4.1.1 or above to have vst 2.0 (instruments) capabilities

probably that has alot to do with why its given out OEM for VS hardware. to provide basic recording capabilities... 

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »
http://blog.stahlmandesign.com/logic-vs-for-the-roland-vs-880-emagics-crippled-daw-software-that-couldnt-record-audio/

im just reading this article LOL'ing at the fact that the author is so clueless to try to use mac os X TIGER to run the os9 version of LOGIC VS........
im cringing reading this .. laughing + crying at the same time :D lol

I used Logic VS in 2000 – in Mac OS 9. Current Macs no longer support the Classic mode, so I bought an old used mac with OS X Tiger (10.4.11) to get Logic VS running.

But I still needed a USB interface that worked with OS9. Back to eBay to pick up the same device I had back in the day – Roland’s Super MPU64. I downloaded an OS 9 driver for that from Roland’s legacy gear section (thanks to Roland for keeping those drivers alive for us archivists). The final step was configuring OMS (In the Mac OS9 days, MIDI was not supported at the OS level).

wow this guy is trying to configure OMS .. LOL .. on TIGER mac os x.. LOL!!!!!!
*shake my head*