Author Topic: Powercore plugins (Virus and MasterX3 needed)  (Read 16576 times)

Offline Zach

• Valued Member
Powercore plugins (Virus and MasterX3 needed)
« on: January 06, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
Hello to everybody,
I'm writing to tell you my experience with TC Electronic support. I bought some time ago on Ebay a Powercore MkI that was sold in bundle with MasterX3 and Virus, but the former owner, being a Windows user, provided me all the software just in PC version. I wrote to TC support to have a link to download Virus, but this was the answer:
"You will need for the current user to provide you with the DLL file for the plug-in, as it's no longer possible to download the plug-in or the installer from us"
To make matter worse I can't even transfer the ownership of my card because TC don't allows it for Powercore MkI:
http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/102335723
Needless to say that I'm very annoyed by TC's behaviour... they left MkI owners in the dust. The best I found were links to download ClassicVerb and 24/7-C these are the links for everybody who need:
http://training.tcelectronic.tc/files/Training/TCSI/files/plugins/247C_Install.hqx
http://training.tcelectronic.tc/files/Training/TCSI/files/plugins/ClassicVerb.hqx
But I can't download MasterX3 because you can do it only from your account and as I said they don't allow me to transfer ownership. Shame, shame, shame on TC!!!
BTW, if someone had the files for the missing plugins I would be extremely grateful... :D
Bye

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Powercore plugins (Virus and MasterX3 needed)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
I'm writing to tell you my experience with TC Electronic support. I bought some time ago on Ebay a Powercore MkI that was sold in bundle with MasterX3 and Virus, but the former owner, being a Windows user, provided me all the software just in PC version. I wrote to TC support to have a link to download Virus, but this was the answer:
"You will need for the current user to provide you with the DLL file for the plug-in, as it's no longer possible to download the plug-in or the installer from us"

OK, I am assuming you want these plugins for Mac OS 9 ?

The Original PowerCore PCI will run Master X3 and other Plugins unders windows with no issues.

Under Mac OS 9; the 1.61 will be the latest bundle and all the stock plugins will run; you can also download and add "Classicverb, 24/7-C"
http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/20898271-Getting-ClassicVerb-24-7-C-or-Master-X3-for-Powercore-1-6-1

Without issues, however the Master X3 was a serialized plug that is married to a particular Powercore under Mac OS 9, so a new Master X3 has to be generated for every unique Powercore Board (MK1 only, element does not run Master X3) ; so this must be obtained directly form TC, I have 6 boards and each has a unique Master X3 per board

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:47:59 PM »

as diehard says, they will generate you (read: the former owner) a new serial.

as for the files ... the X-3 is in the attached toast image.

finding the virus will be a bit more difficult, because that never existed for MacOS9. ;)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
btw, if the first owner bought the X.3 in a bundle, there is a chance that he has not registered his hardware. then you can do that now. i once did that with my capy.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
IIO,

as diehard says, they will generate you (read: the former owner) a new serial.

No that IS NOT what I said, you have to request a Master X3 from TC and they will generate a unique Master X3 plugin that will authorize from the serial number of your card; NOT that they will send or generate a new serial number.

Also, I am very confused, have you attached a cracked Master X3 ?

A VST Master X3 plugin FX from another card will NOT work as I posted above, under OS 9, it is Card specific and you cannot simple give the plugin away from another card and load it.  So I really want to avoid erroneous info. in case this gets google hits; they cannot (unless you modified it) download your master X3 under OS 9 and have it working

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 08:33:12 PM »
haha, see, this is why i delayed asked for mine. this is really a weird method to offer free updates to existing customers.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 09:24:54 AM »

A VST Master X3 plugin FX from another card will NOT work as I posted above, under OS 9, it is Card specific and you cannot simple give the plugin away from another card and load it.

That's exactly how the thing is.
In the plugin code (aEff) there is a 4k fragment (generated by TC) unique to each card. So each plugin is unique and only will work in the card that this plugin was generated for.
Can this be solved? probably.
Easily? Not at all, for sure.

... unless ...
Did you tested the IIO file?
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »
If the file has been modified (cracked) by IIO, this would be great info. for others that have Powercore MK1 under OS 9... still waiting for an answer...

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »

no of course not, why would i, this is a file from a retail installer.

the story is really a mystery to me. a plug-in that needs to be authorised for each of your 6 cards? are they in 6 different computers? it should be enough to have one per setup doesnt it? 2 PCI cards in one computer work as "one powercore" normally.

i am afraid the OP is right and this is one of the worst copyprotection (and licensing) schemes ever.

i always thought this became worse with powercore 2, but it seems that the later system is more liberal and better working!

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:49 PM »
except for virus, lol, where you had to pay an upgrade fee if you wanted more than 4 voices. :)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 12:49:55 PM »
If you have several PowerCore in the same system the plugin only need to be authorized for be used on one of the cards.
The plugin license system have to be paired with one of the installed cards. But the DSP code can be allocated in any of the remaining cards if needed.

BTW, IIO have you any info about Virus VST (PowerCore) for Mac os 9? because I haven't ever see any reference to its existence.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »

it has never been built, and it has never been sold.

the earliest version requires a poco 2, and that should answer the question about OS9.

do you miss it? :)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »

Yes. I wish that we had more PowerCore instruments than the limited PowerCore 01 (sh-101).  :'(

Offline Zach

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 12:51:54 AM »
First of all, thank you to everybody who answered me ;)
For the Virus, it absolutely exist for Os9 because the PoCo I bought is the first version and was sold in bundle with Virus, inside the box I found a card with serial number for authorization but the problem is that TC has no link to download the plugin anymore. For the X3 there is another problem, that TC don't allow ownership transfer for PoCo mk1 so have no way because I know for sure that the card was registered already. Speaking frankly I bought the card mainly for Virus, so am very annoyed by TC behaviour, anyway managed to solve the problem the old way... bought a used Virus A. ;)
Thanks to all of you!

Offline Zach

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 01:02:29 AM »

Yes. I wish that we had more PowerCore instruments than the limited PowerCore 01 (sh-101).  :'(

I remember that Novation made a PoCo version of V-Station, but listening the VST version didn't make me eager to have it.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 01:59:47 AM »
because i am an atheist it is no problem for me to swear that i have never seen a virus for OS9. but rumor has it that i have been wrong before.

from what i know, the virus came out in january 2004 and it still supported the PCI mkI, but was OSX only. if not, then it must be the third- or fourth-last VST release or update ever. which is very unlikely for a new developer, because it  was their first software product.

it was terrible, however: hanging notes, GUI trouble, parameter problems ... and they needed like 3 years until the multi DSP license was ready for intel mac.

the hardware is a good choice. ;)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 02:07:05 AM »

had to google now because i wanted to be sure.

here is a the manual from 2004 when it came out.

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/1117628/virus_powercore_manual.pdf

it is only talking about installation for cubase SX2.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
I remember that Novation made a PoCo version of V-Station, but listening the VST version didn't make me eager to have it.

... PoCo V-Station for Mac Os 9?  :o

First of all, thank you to everybody who answered me ;)
For the Virus, it absolutely exist for Os9 because the PoCo I bought is the first version and was sold in bundle with Virus, inside the box I found a card with serial number for authorization but the problem is that TC has no link to download the plugin anymore.

Speaking frankly I bought the card mainly for Virus, so am very annoyed by TC behaviour, anyway managed to solve the problem the old way... bought a used Virus A. ;)

Virus existed for Mac Os 9, but for TDM.
Did you have a PoCo Virus VST for Mac Os 9?

Offline Zach

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 10:55:49 AM »
As said I have a bundle PoCo Mk1/Virus, so I assumed that it was also working under Os9, well.. it seems that I was wrong, Virus and V-Station are OsX plug-ins  :'(
Thank you for your patience and support.