Classic Mac OS Software (Discussions on Applications) > CD/DVD Authoring & Burning Software

Virtual DVD-ROM/CD Utility

(1/3) > >>

Protools5LEGuy:

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/virtual-dvd-romcd-utility

--- Quote ---This little application can mount and create Toast images from disks. Runs in OS 7.5.3 -> 9 at least. No need to rename filenames from '.toast' to '.ati'.
--- End quote ---

DieHard:
Cool... I'll check it out

Additional Info...

--- Quote ---The upshot is, the Virtual CD/DVD-ROM Utility can make quite a nice rip of DVD movies (under Mac OS 9.x). Then by using the included "Virtual CD AutoTyper" to make the resulting image auto-mount by double-clicking, the Virtual CD/DVD utility mounts the image then exits & Apple DVD Player detects a mounted movie DVD, launches and begins to auto-play the movie. Nice.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Discovery of the day: This thing will mount Disk Copy 6.x, 1.4 MB & 800k images if they've been saved as floppy disk image files. - Disk Copy gives a choice when saving a floppy disk to image file, as floppy disk image or a given file size e.g. 1440KB as opposed to 1.4MB floppy disk image. The floppy disk image option is "disk compatible" and will mount using this utility.
--- End quote ---

Protools5LEGuy:

--- Quote from: DieHard on December 15, 2014, 02:00:58 PM ---cool... I'll check it out

--- End quote ---
There is software that needs a fucking CD and Toast do not fool them.

Protools5LEGuy:
DieHard, how were your test on it?

MacTron, would you be so nice to test if this work in parallel with Toast? I mean, if you can choose to mount Images with Toast and Virtual in the same system or if they conflict?

We should make a list on what software need a physic CD to be installed. I tried with some that needed to be burned to install, as DP or Cubase .

MacTron, is there out more "virtual" CD utils aside Toast and Virtual?

Protools5LEGuy:

--- Quote from: Protools5LEGuy on May 03, 2015, 07:38:07 PM ---
MacTron, is there out more "virtual" CD utils aside Toast and Virtual?

--- End quote ---

http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/utilities/imaging-burning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version