Author Topic: vision 1.02 (1989) FREE DOWNLOAD (working on mac os 9)  (Read 14045 times)

macStuff

Re: vision 1.02 (1989) FREE DOWNLOAD (working on mac os 9)
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »
its not a nightmare to get working at all if u have the right installer 100% complete for the right mac.

i have a limited number of disks obviously, but tell you what i can do;
if u can spring some $$$ for me to buy some 800k Diskettes
i can contact my friend who has the ability to copy master floppy diskettes with auths intact
i would have to ship him my floppies in the mail (packaged well)
and then i can get him to make up a new batch of vision installer floppies for any who are interested enought to help fund this endeavour
 and send you a couple for safe keeping
that way you will be good even if your mac hd dies somehow and u lose the auth
ill send him a msg now;
we just have to make sure to buy the right size floppy disks;
https://www.floppydisk.com/

let me know if u are interested
i have floppy installers of v1.1, v1.32, v1.4 as an upgrade, and v1.4 as standalone product
i have a working vision 1.4 install on my performa 5200CD which is running 7.6.2

maybe we can get someone to hack this properly aswell if we make a bunch of floppies up and get them to the right people

take a look back at THIS old thread : http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2680
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:42:51 PM by macStuff »

Offline macarone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »
> i can contact my friend who has the ability to copy master floppy diskettes with auths intact

My recollection is that the trick for duplicating floppies with Authorizations intact was to use:

Disk Copy 6.3.2

Offline motosega

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
macStuff: fantastic! i've send you a PM.

its not a nightmare to get working at all if u have the right installer 100% complete for the right mac.
this is the part where i'm having nightmares... since i'm trying to find a copy that runs on a particular mac, my options are a bit limited.

i just read that thread you linked, it's pretty lucky you know a guy with one of those copy ii pc cards!
i did a bit of research on the subject of flux level disk copiers, but it seems none of them support mac hfs disks(kryoflux, fluxengine etc)

how many floppies do you need? how many would be possible without inconveniencing your friend too much?

macStuff

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 03:57:18 PM »
i messaged him but i think my msg is in his spam folder on fb (thanks facebook)
ill hopefully talk to him sometime this weekend

he has multiple solutions for doing this; hes pro level leet hacker guy vintage PC collector
i think he has the apple II version of the Central point; along with another competign product and various  other methods of achievign the same result

Offline nsputnik

• Valued Member
    • website
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2019, 11:46:19 AM »
Hi, I'm Nick and I provided the screen shots to Chris.
Yes, the copy of Vision 1.02 I have must be cracked since I was using miniVmac to take the screen shot.  In the last screen shot I'm running 8.6 with OMS 2.3.8 in SheepShaver.  It functioned enough to open a file and get those screen shots but as you may know there is no way to play, record, or communicate with hardware in emulations.  I really wish the SheepSaver and Basilisk teams would work on this.  Perhaps there is a Basilisk for Linux hacker that can make it work with a Raspberry Pi via the GPIO pins?

Regarding copying copy protected floppies, the method used by devs back then was to rear and write the number of auths from an area on the disk that the OS does not usually access, so trying to use conventional disk tools is not possible.

In the 80s there was a company that made floppy duplicating machines that would be able to access these areas but they got sued out of existence I think.  There is a great story about it somewhere here on the web but I can't find it at the moment.

The ultimate modern hack would be to try to get a disk image of a HD with an auth written to it and get that to a SCSI2SD image in a vintage machine.

1.02 I think was pre-OMS according to Chris's timeline.  OMS 1.0 was published in 1990 while Vision 1.02 was published in 1989.
Classic as my primary platform: 1988 - 2005

Offline nsputnik

• Valued Member
    • website
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 01:40:52 PM »
No OMS, just a direct connection to the hardware.
Classic as my primary platform: 1988 - 2005

Offline chrisNova777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 06:23:54 PM »
id like to get this "dupe the master disk" thing going again.. i will contact the usual suspects...  8)