Author Topic: My biggest beef with ProTools: VSTvsRTAS  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
My biggest beef with ProTools: VSTvsRTAS
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:44:19 AM »
The best approach IMO is to first standardize on a DAW host (or maybe top 2), then learn the quirks of the the way the host interacts with the Plugins, you can download the DAW image I created for Cubase VST 32 and take a look at the Plugin folder... I organized them into sub-folders by function/type; for example... Delays, Reverbs, Drum Machines, etc. and all the plugins will function and be 100% authorized (thanks to our advances in the Apple Software Restore); Try it out :)

This is probably my biggest beef with ProTools, it lacks the plugin organization that I need

DieHard, I will try to make a table for equivalences for your favorite VST plugs in a Protools LE environment. I know you have tested everything, but for the benefit of PT noobs I want to make a table. PT do not let you to organize plugs in folders/manifacturer in OS9  :( But it is easy to find the plugs you are looking after.

Just tell me your favorite VST plug on every function/type. We will not have the UV22 from cubase, but Maxim is one PT aproach.

I know there are lots of VI in VST hosts that do not exist in PT LE/TDM. So I am  saying to use Cubase/Logic for production/song writing.

It is logical that there are more VST plugs out there for OS9 than RTAS, but the quality of those RTAS make lots of user to choose a smaller toolbox for recording/mixing/mastering.

Waves has the most of the tools needed. And they are VST and RTAS. I can make good mixes just with them.

Also PT has its owns plugs that there is no VST "twin".

The Bomb Factory stuff, for example,  was only available on RTAS and DigitalPerformer, giving no VST for a  LA-2A.

There are goods EQ, Dinamics, Phasers (Star Trek  ;D ), Amps, multibands, tape emulation and almost every tools needed to make a record...  ;D

Sometimes one can use a compressor for compresing a signal in the cleanest way posible, without colouring it. Other times you want the colour of a LA-2A or a drawner in your Mix.

Some EQ have its own personality. Others add colour. And other are just clean.

This McDSP stuff is unique

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:30:00 AM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: My biggest beef with ProTools: VSTvsRTAS
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:51:21 AM »
giving no VST for a  LA-2A.

...powercore 24/7 :)

insert arbitrary signature here

supernova777