Author Topic: Apple Ewaste hits new highs... or lows :(  (Read 3160 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Apple Ewaste hits new highs... or lows :(
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:15:45 PM »
Ok as some of you may know, I deal with the public on a day to day basis.  Many just think of their old macs as almost worthless if they can't access the cloud or run the latest version of flash player... so today took the cake... this guy comes in with a Dual G5 that looked literally like the day it was made... in perfect condition. He asks us to run a free diagnostic on it, and we promptly tell him the hard drive is toast and quote him $139 for the HD and Mac OS reinstall... he looks me straight in the eye and says, "Wow, putting that type of money into an OOOOOLLD Mac like this would be crazy, can you please throw it out for me" Of course, I smile and say... sure.

This scenario happens at least 1X a month... I mean the damn case is worth something in aluminum alone.  Working G5s are getting very scarce... G4s definitely outlasted them in the MB and power supply dept. and G4s don't leak (some G5s are water cooled). And the remaining G5s that work as good as the day they were made, get scrapped because of a bad hard drive... fucking amazing..lol.... or un-lol

supernova777

Re: Apple Ewaste hits new highs... or lows :(
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 02:51:00 AM »
further proof that shows most people who use computers are idiots
who mindlessly browse the web + dont really do anything original, artistic, or intelligent with the software