Author Topic: Members Introduction... time to reflect on our past that got us here :)  (Read 361974 times)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Members Introduction... time to reflect on our past that got us here :)
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2016, 05:59:45 AM »
it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside - and that's why I am here, I suppose.

Glad you're all 'comfy' again!! ;D Welcome aboard!

Offline IDidMyTimeOnOS9

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2016, 06:21:29 AM »
Thanks very much, mrhappy!
Powermac 7300/166 w. Sonnet G3/300 upgrade
Powerbook G4 Titanium
Powerbook G4 Aluminium
MacPro 1,1
Hackintosh i7

Offline Alfasi

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
Hello :)
I'm Roy, from Israel (Dying to move outta here :P ).
I've found this site when I thought about getting myself a PPC machine.
I was hesitant at first, but this site showed me there is a community fighting to maintain OS8/9.
I'm 23. As a child we had a Powermac G3 at home and I remember myself actually teaching myself how to read both Hebrew and English, playing with my mom's Freehand and Photoshop making silly creations.
I've bought an iBook G3 (Blueberry Clamshell) and I'm waiting for some upgrades for it, a battery, an airport card and a 256mb RAM card.

I just wanted to introduce myself, I have to get back to work :)

Offline davisdelo

• Newcomer
  • Weary of X
    • DeLo Digital Photography and Design
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
Hi y'all, my name is Davis and I'm glad to have another resource for keeping my old macs running.  I've had many macs but I currently am using a Dual 1Ghz/167Mhz MDD, Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz and a 24" 2009 iMac.  The MDD is definitely my favorite machine, I got it new way back in the day and it's been a serious workhorse.  I'm looking to get a OS 9 back on it and use it as a production machine again, and maybe try to get my Powerbook to run the unofficial OS 9 if it will take it!
Why did I sell all my old Macs?

Offline sempleyaroff

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2016, 02:27:42 AM »
Hello everybody! This resource - just a dream come true !
My configuration - QS733, serial steelth port, opcode studio 4 , PT MIX ( 1 core 3 farm) in Magma 13slot chassis, adaptec 2940 mac edition for hardware samplers.
Very grateful to the creators of the forum and active users ! Unfortunately, my written English is far from perfect. Excuse my online translator .

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2016, 06:31:33 AM »
Hey Roy... nice to have some 'youngsters' running about here!! ;D

Davis... if you're interested in Cubase and going to put a fresh OS9.2.2 onto your MDD, check out the 'Instant DAW' download here... it's pretty wild how fast it will install a WHOLE BUNCH of goodies along with 9.2.2! ;D

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2716.0

This resource - just a dream come true !

sempleyaroff... I think most of us here feel that way!! ;D

Offline synthcity

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2016, 06:04:51 AM »
Hello.  Long time Mac user, and since I keep just about  everything, a collector.  Heavy Mac user for music (MIDI and DAW) in the OS 8.6 to 9.2 era.  My retired G4 dual mirror door is in storage and I only pull it out every year or two to pull up old tunes.  Perhaps I'll pull it out more often as I check out this site! 

Offline davisdelo

• Newcomer
  • Weary of X
    • DeLo Digital Photography and Design
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2016, 06:12:33 AM »
if you're interested in Cubase and going to put a fresh OS9.2.2 onto your MDD, check out the 'Instant DAW' download here... it's pretty wild how fast it will install a WHOLE BUNCH of goodies along with 9.2.2! ;D

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2716.0

That does look like a good place to start, Cubase was the only pre-OSX DAW I actually had any experience with anyways.  I'm watching a couple PCI Audiophile 2496 cards on eBay now to take advantage of it :)  That card and a good monitor should have my MDD up and running like new! 
Why did I sell all my old Macs?

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
Hello everybody! This resource - just a dream come true !
My configuration - QS733, serial steelth port, opcode studio 4 , PT MIX ( 1 core 3 farm) in Magma 13slot chassis, adaptec 2940 mac edition for hardware samplers.
Very grateful to the creators of the forum and active users ! Unfortunately, my written English is far from perfect. Excuse my online translator .

I'd say that translator did a pretty good job :) welcome to the bunch

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2016, 08:17:41 AM »
I keep just about  everything

I have the same disease!!! ;D ;D

Offline msolohill

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
Hey there I'm here to get help repairing macs and finding abandonware anywhere i find it.
Thanks

Offline predragr

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2016, 04:27:57 AM »
Hello there,

I have one nice 4core Power Mac G5 (Late 2005), but unfortunatly, I think that can't boot 9.2.2.

Best regards, people...
SwDied

Offline Opcode

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2016, 07:01:43 PM »
Hi guys, just woke up from a 15 year coma and looking to get my PPC G3 desktop doing music again. Looks like you have a good resource here for just that ;)

Offline mcdega

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:59 AM »
Hi there,
I'm trying to recreate some old music of mine and I found this community. It's amazing the material you guys keep alive!
I've got a Power Mac G4 MDD, dual boot (OS 9.2 and OS10.4).
Cheers! :D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2016, 05:56:18 AM »
Hello to all you new members and welcome! ;D

Offline MJBA

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:12 PM »
Hi Everyone! Firstly can I say what an amazing place and resource this site is for folks still using OS9!
I have a couple of G4s. An old AGP Graphics that runs PT5LE with a digi001 that still gets used daily. I also have a G4DP Marathon Power Rack that runs Logic Pro7. I like to make electronic music using mostly hardware kit but like to get everything into protools and then work "in the box" (so to speak)...
Im really interested in the PT5 TDM & Plugins download. I love PT5 and OS9 so much that even now I dont want to upgrade to anything else!

Really tempted to go all TDM if I can get the software. The 888 interfaces and farm cards occasionally spring up on ebay so `i may have to invest. Im based in the UK BTW..
What I also need is the procontrol setup folder that sits in the DAE folder.(If anybody could upload just that file that would be awesome - PT5 format..)

I will be back V soon to post and share some more...

Its been a pleasure!!!! 8) 

Offline keith_r25

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
Currently have three G3 machines, 266,400,and 500mhz.  (2) apple IIe, IIgs.
Own commodore vic-20, c-64, amiga 1000, amiga 500, osbourne-1, atari 400,800,timex 1000,color computer II, 286,386,486, and pentium varieties.
Wire wrapped my own Synertek Sym-1.
Enjoy electronics, aviation (aerobatics), and all variety of computers.

Thanks for a web site like this!!!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
Wow Keith... that's quite a collection!! ;D

MJBA... I have a LE/001 setup too. I'm all audio so went to a TDM/Mix system/Chassis with 7 cards and it's been a LOT of fun and allows a 'modern' style of mixing with the extra horsepower.

So do you use a ProControl with your system? User Knezzen has a pretty elaborate system and I started using one myself. It's been fun!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »

Really tempted to go all TDM if I can get the software.

What I also need is the procontrol setup folder that sits in the DAE folder.

Can't you download it from the DAW page on this site?? You'd have the software along with the PC profile.

Offline PPC6500

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
Hi.

I started with 3 older Macs that I owned. A PowerMac 6500/225, a G4-466 digital audio, and a Powerbook G3-233 with passive matrix display. I very recently managed to rescue a few Macs from being recycled recently including an operational pair lamshade iMac G4s, a PowerBook G3 300, an 8600 and a Beige G3 that looks just like it, as well as an LC575, LC580CD, LC475 and my family's old LCII. There is a Color Classic also but I'm not sure if it works yet. I'm slowly locating all my old OS9 games and hope I can get some working. I also salvaged a couple hundred 3.5" floppies and am trying to see which are still usable and contain some really old Mac software. Found a few small freeware/shareware gems so far. Do OS7/8 Macs fit in here? :)

I wish I could have salvaged more of that old collection but ran out of room. There was some really hard to find stuff in there, though no way to tell if it was all operational, like a variety of Mac Classics, SE/30 and 128k, half dozen different CRT-based iMacs, 2 StyleWriters, a LaserWriter, an ImageWriter, a gray clamshell iBook G3 without cables, and a few misc systems that looked to be in really rough shape. I think a friend managed to find a Newton and a Performa 5200 in that pile of stuff too.