Author Topic: Members Introduction... time to reflect on our past that got us here :)  (Read 64248 times)

Offline Fizzgig

• new to the forums
Re: Members Introduction... time to reflect on our past that got us here :)
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2016, 07:33:41 PM »
Hello!

I found this site after an internet friend sent me two hand-me-down Mac laptops for cost of shipping because she wasn't a Mac person and my Macbook had just been diagnosed with an ailing logic board. One of the two was a roughly-2008 Macbook Pro on which I am typing this post now. The other—and now we come to it—was a Powerbook G4 (model "5,1"—whatever that means—and circa 2004 I believe) which came to me running Tiger.

Naturally, the first thing I did with the G4 was try to get Classic mode up and running. My family's been using Macs since I was about four (we started with a Performa 630CD—which I still own and which still works!), and back in my teens I got really good at poking around with the classic Mac OS until it was just as I wanted it. So I stuck my old Mac OS 9 install CD in, as the machine had arrived sans Classic mode, and tried to install.

Well, it turns out that your average installer for the classic Mac OS… will only run under the classic Mac OS. It also turns out that you can't launch Classic from a system folder on a read-only CD… or copy that folder to a hard drive and launch it that way, apparently.

eBay was not forthcoming with model-specific disks (and my friend never had disks to begin with), so I started doing extensive research and ended up here, specifically at the "Mac OS 9.2.2 Install for Unsupported G4s" page. I thought, well, that IS pretty much what I have, so I downloaded the image, burned a CD…

…and lo and behold, booted the G4 into Mac OS 9. Wiped the drive, installed the OS, rebooted a few times to get the danged disk to eject :), and I am now very happily running Mac OS 9! I'm just going to keep it that way and not bother installing Tiger again. The only snags I've run into are 1) the system complains about "missing software" if I try to put it in sleep mode (I did some more research and I guess this is a side effect of not having machine-specific disks), 2) I get an error on every startup about a USB device with missing software even when nothing's connected, and 3) a couple of hardware snags that cropped up even under OS X—there doesn't seem to be an Airport card, so no internet, and sound is weirdly intermittent even with headphones. I might try and fix #3 at some point, but hey, almost-free machine and it's still highly awesome.

In the meantime, I am happily installing all my favorite 1990s-era software and reacquainting myself with Hypercard. I made an account so I could say thank you and maybe chat with other old-Mac nerds. :)

Offline Mako

• This transmission is coming to you...
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2016, 02:38:23 AM »
I've used everymac.com to find out the specific tech history of my iMac. I'm sure they will have some answers for the "not sure what that means" question. The forum staff here are awesome and I've been reading alot of threads that include supernova77, sometimes I have no idea what they are talking about, but he can be entertaining :) Welcome and nice score on the free macs!!

Offline Jakl

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:11 AM »
Welcome aboard peoples - I hope you find as much as you need for your OS9 machines here.

Offline OS923

• Silver Member
    • OS 9.2.3
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
Hi from Belgium. I started long ago with a ZX Spectrum with Basic and assembler. Then I became bachelor of informatics, specialized in systems analysis. I learned Pascal, Cobol, Prolog, DBase and C. I have written Cobol programs on the VAX Digital. In 1991 I moved to my first Macintosh with Modula-2, Scheme and Oberon. Then I moved to Windows 3.1 with Visual C++ when I worked for the ministry of housing. In 1998 I moved back to Macintosh with CodeWarrior C++ and Java. Since then I'm doing quite the same stuff. I do most of my work on a G4 MDD 1.25 GHz dual. What I can't do on this computer, I do that on a P4 dual 3 GHz with XP, W98 and Puppy Linux. I have also a beige Server G3/300 for testing new programs. I have also a G4 MDD 1.42 GHz dual FW400 that boots in OS 9.2.2, but it can also start up in OSX 10.4. I use OSX for watching DVD's. I have also an oldtimer P4 1.6 GHz so I can place my printer in another room. I use a Thinkpad T500 for wireless internet in the library (can go up to 300 mbps). I have 4 Palm handhelds (M130 that I use as a torch, E2, T5 and TX). I write programs for OS 9, OSX, Windows, Linux and Palm. I have also a few oldtimer handhelds (Sharp PC-1401 and Atari Portfolio) that I keep for their museum value.
Click on the globe to go to my Mac shareware.

Offline MacBubba

• new to the forums
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2016, 08:39:40 AM »
Greetings ... accidentally found this site when trying to wrk out how to run Pagemaker 7 on a Sheepshaver incarnation of OS 9.  Hoping to learn about and share what I can about some excellent legacy software for OS 9.  Name is Dave, and from Perth, Western Australia.

Offline DPessell

• new to the forums
    • danpessell.com
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2016, 01:54:55 PM »
Hi. It's so great to be part of this group. I always thought I was strange for never wanting to get rid of my Mac G4/System 9/Cubase VST24. I may still be strange for other reasons, but now I know it has nothing to do with my enthusiasm for my original (and still excellent) DAW setup.

Can it get better? Yes, in fact I've already used this forum to inform my latest audio interface upgrade. Tonight, I'll start to set up the M-Audio Firewire 410 and see what develops. I am now and ever positive.

Thank you to everyone who had a hand in getting this great thing started and are sustaining it. I'm not really much of a chatter, and hesitate to seek out help. But I hope to come out of my shell a bit and contribute to this enterprise.

Thanks again.
Your obedient servant,
Dan Pessell
Dan Pessell, singer/songwriter/recording musician

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
Tonight, I'll start to set up the M-Audio Firewire 410 and see what develops.

Please report back on your success or failure with the FW 410. We're currently in the middle of trying to troubleshoot a member's system with one of those right now. We'd be especially interested in the ASIO driver(s) that work or don't work for you.

Offline DPessell

• new to the forums
    • danpessell.com
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2016, 07:13:30 PM »
My initial tryout of the 410 hasn't yielded anything good yet--I was only trying to listen to an existing Cubase VST24 file, testing my monitors. Slow, choppy & clipped. But, neither have I fully read the manual. Full disclosure--my previous interface was an edirol 2 in/2 out USB thingy. This is my first interface with any power or potential. I have a lot to read. I'll try to come up with a report by evening, 2/7/16. And if it works, I'll get the drivers uploaded for the other member who is struggling.
Dan Pessell, singer/songwriter/recording musician

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »
Thanks Dan!

Offline felixding

• new to the forums
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2016, 12:16:37 AM »
Hi there,

I'm very glad I could find Mac OS 9 die hards here. Nobody I personally know use classic Mac OS anymore, and no one even appreciates the simplicity of it, until I found this website. Cheers!

About me. I'm a computer geek living in Shanghai, China.

I love alternative rock like Pink Floyd & Radiohead, but in fact I listen to almost every genre of music (7000+ songs in iTunes). 

Reading is another thing I do a lot. Currently I'm reading The Man in the Hight Castle.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2016, 06:43:35 AM »
love alternative rock like Pink Floyd & Radiohead, but in fact I listen to almost every genre of music (7000+ songs in iTunes). 

Reading is another thing I do a lot. Currently I'm reading The Man in the Hight Castle.

There is SOOO much great music out there today (even though many people complain otherwise)... It only takes a slight deviation from 'commercial' outlets to find something interesting!

I don't do NEARLY enough (pleasure) reading though!

Welcome btw! ;D ;D

Offline mika67

• new to the forums
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2016, 03:02:17 AM »
Hello!

i've been lurking around since 2014 and it's time to say thank you.
So thank you all for this great forum. I enjoy every visit.

Offline cmstuber

• new to the forums
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2016, 08:01:12 PM »
Hello all,

I thought I'd introduce myself and share how I got here. 

I'm from the Oregon Trail generation, so I remember apple IIe's fondly from my childhood.  The first computers we had in the house were a compaq 286, which was our 'non-daw' computer and a compaq 386 which my dad used as his 'daw' comp.  It ran dos then win3.1 and the first versions of band in a box and cakewalk. 
I remember opening up a new computer a couple years later after we finished building the recording studio.  It was a pentium and ran win3.1.  Along with the Tascam DA-88, it felt quite state of the art at the time.  my dad recorded a few records for family and friends.  And with internet starting to become popular, he did a few recording projects with people online.
I got the gateway2000 handmedown.  Win95/98 was popular at the time and with two older computers roaming around I decided to try out this new-ish linux stuff.  I had RedHat 3.  The happy hacker digest brought me into a world of terminals and I learned basic coding to make Xwindows a feasible alternative to win3.1 or win95 that was all over schools. 
In high school I got the PII while the studio got a PIII.  Linux had come quite a ways so I ran SuSE linux with KDE3 by the time I graduated.  At school though, the iMacG3 had started to take over.  I used them at school mostly for video editing.
When I went to college I made the full switch to Mac because of OSX and Darwin.  I got a brand spanking new 12"PBG4.  I fell in love. 
I have since started to collect and love the PPC macs. A few of my collection:
B&W G3
iMac G3
iBook Clamshell FW SE
iBook Snow G3
iBook G4
PB G4 12"
iMac G4
Graphite G4
MDD
iMac G5
2x2.0 G5
MBP CD
MB Aluminum

My interest in OS9 actually started just recently.  About a year ago I got my clamshell and booted it into os9.  Since then, I've got all my ppc macs to either boot natively or use classic.  I enjoy going back and forth. 
The recording studio at my parent's home has ceased to exist due to their other priorities, but with retirement coming, I have a feeling my dad will likely get back into it.  I'm excited because it's quite possible I could help him with a PT TDM set up.  I'm interested in going that direction as well. 
Recently I just accepted a position as an ACMT and also have a couple degrees in music.  This place is a pretty cool place to hang out.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2016, 04:45:00 AM »
Welcome Mika67 and cmstuber... that's quite a collection you have there cmstuber! ;D

Offline revel8or

• My Mac has better latency than me.
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »
Hello, all!

Thank you, admins, for running this site.   It's great to see that there are people who are dedicated to an incredible system, even by today's standards. 

I have to admit that I was an IBM boy growing up.  My mom and a lot of the parents of some of my friends were IBMers.  I was, essentially, teethed on a trash 80, then moved in to the IBM PC, then the XT and AT.  My first computer was a PCjr.  My next was their first "portable" which was affectionately called the "luggable" by many.

I stayed with PCs throughout my life, even when I started writing music.  My wife still gives me a hard time about *not* going with Macs sooner, as she used them in her job in '99 and 00 doing web design - and fell in love with how easy their workflow seemed to be, as well as their speed compared to PCs.  I had had so much money invested in PCs, constantly trying to chase minimum latency for computer synths, that she finally gave up and drew up a bill.  If I would have just bought a Mac, I would have saved a couple of thousand...

So, here we are, today.  I have a pretty speedy PC with some awesome cards that runs as perfectly as can be.  BUT, the sound card manufacturer has never perfected sysex communication.  When I try to use my "expensive" cards to do dumps, it tears up the data, either sending or receiving. 

I had a Unitor MK II sitting in a box that was so cheap that I couldn't say no.  When I hooked it up to the PC in an effort to find a new midi pathway, the drivers for it were so old that it wouldn't communicate. :( It was a sad day. 

About a month or two later, my brother-in-law called and asked me if I wanted an old Mac.  Skeptically, it was taken in...my hope was that it had an early o/s that would work with my Unitor...and it has the first version of o/s X, but still has "classic" mode from which to work.  The Unitor software installed perfectly, and now I *almost* have an editor/librarian.  At least I can get Unitor to connect to other equipment.

Until recently, I haven't searched for any software for my G4, but now that I've had it running, I'm dying to find stuff that will work with it - and I think I might get a 24/96 for audio in/out. 

So, again, thanks a lot for your site.  I've been looking all over for some software that would run.

JTR
Total noob.  Really.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2016, 02:16:03 PM »
Well, welcome Revel8tor! You should know (if you don't already) that your story is pretty common. The world is full of people who have eventually come to the realization that the entire Mac paradigm is far better suited to the creative arts than anything ever designed to run under Windoze.

You have a world of discovery ahead of you as you explore this other side of the fence. Yes, the grass is actually greener over here.
Know that there will be a ying and a yang though… the joy of finding amazing capabilities in the platform balanced against the constant kiciking yourself for not going down this road sooner!

In the end, you can be assured that your experience going forward, will be a net positive one. Very positive indeed.

Feel free to ask about anything that vexes you. We're all here for each other. Enjoy!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2016, 06:43:34 AM »
it has the first version of o/s X, but still has "classic" mode from which to work

JTR... you're probably gonna want to put a 'proper' OS9 on there as 'Classic' is going to be very limiting. ;D ;D

Offline foomanshoo31

• new to the forums
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2016, 03:26:22 AM »
Hello all in the Mac world!!!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
Howdy! ;D ;D

Offline revel8or

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2016, 11:24:44 AM »
Thanks a lot for the welcome, all.  I responded with a bunch of questions (and then updated this post) as they are hardware relevant, so they just got moved to the hardware discussion area :) 

Although I did get a 2496 off of ebay... :)
Total noob.  Really.

Offline OldMacDon

• new to the forums
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2016, 12:58:23 AM »

Hi everyone.

Yup, my real name is Don, I'm working on getting old as slow as i can, and I've used Old Macs proudly for a whole lot of years... carefully staying on the trailing edge of technology as much as possible.

Bought my first Apple IIc way back in the 1980s, migrated through a host of machines... a 2SI, a Q950 (actually ended up with 256 megs of Ram and the whole scsi bus packed out), through a 7200, a beige G3, a handful of school auction machines, a G5, and finally, have stepped back into the "big time" by buying a *real* Mac... a G4 MDD tower just a week ago.  So, life is starting to look up, and I see YDL OS9, and OSX on two machines side by side... with the G5 and the other newer thingemajig running Mavericks sitting out in the other room away from the "inner sanctum".  So... all is well and I'm on the ebay hunt for some authentic install disks.

Just missed a stupendous auction a few days ago... hesitated too long & somebody bought a batch of OS9 to X.5.8 install disks all in one swell foop... doggonitanywayzrassafrassarattastrassum.

Anyhow, greetings to y'all and keep on Maccin.

See ya on the forums.

Don

Offline keyno

• new to the forums
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2016, 05:26:04 AM »
Hello Apple fans!

I bought a PowerBook G3 with 400 MHz on eBay for about 45$. The vendor said it is working perfectly, just the battery died and I need to buy a new power supply. The G3 and the power supply will arrive I guess tomorrow.

I want to make music with it. Want to test, what's still working on this old machine and just want to have fun with Mac OS 9.

I am a 20 year old college student from Germany and I'm studying Computer Science in Karlsruhe (a tiny town).

I love computers since I was a small kid. I don't need all this new stuff, I'm just happy with machines that I can play with

Hopefully I will find lots of interesting stuff on this geeky forum.

THANK YOU FOR THIS EPIC WEBSITE!
Much better then all this Facebook / Twitter / whatever stuff!!!

Geeky greetings,
keyno

Offline Mat

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
Welcome Don, I hope I understood you correctly, and the MDD is dedicated to YDL and Mac OS 9, or do you really run 10.5.8 there as well?

Servus Keyno!
Was genau studierst Du denn? Kann man Dich einspannen für ein paar Neukompilierungen und so Zeugs? ;)

Well, the PB 400 is a nice machine! It has USB already onboard, and if you use the software of its time it will bring you a lot of fun! For example I started to record and edit stuff with SoundEdit 16 at a 60 MHz 6100 (beside multitrack editing it was possible to load and play the movie that I dubbed).

Offline DwayneDA

• new to the forums
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »
Hello guys,

well, i must confess that i am a PC guy. But i had the chance to get my hands on a Powerbook G4 for a ridiculous price, i couldn't resist.

About me... slowly becoming an old man, but using computers for my music since the great times of an Atari ST.

Offline carguyty

• new to the forums
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2016, 11:35:28 AM »
Hello!

My name is Ty. My new wife has just told me that I am allowed to start a collection of classic Macs as long as my first one is a Cube.

I'm currently in data science for the US Navy, and going to school for Computer Science. I've always loved the simplicity and "honesty" of the Mac OS. Since the days when I can vaguely remember that Sim Ant was only available on the LC in my middle school computer lab, I've loved the entire experience. The POST chime, the simple icons, the clearly defined menu bar, and the beloved Apple menu. The fam preferred the cheaper "IBM compatibles" of the era and after 8th grade I started to loose touch with the community. Once a quarter, maybe, I would insist that my dad buy a Macworld for me to drool over. I held on to the discs of shareware for years without even a friend to share them.

After I got out of school and started making real money, I promised myself I was going to get my first Mac. It was an iBook 600Mhz. It was glorious. It booted 9.2.2 and 10.1. I had lost all my discs but I went out to get a copy of Macworld right away. No internet meant that I had no ability to register the budding internet capable apps of the day. OSX was still in its infancy and almost unusable from what I remembered. Flash forward a couple years and the dreaded GPU desoldering occurred for the last time. A decade slipped by and I started a company with my wife dealing antiques. I started to find vintage Mac programming books, manuals, accessories...the need for a happy Mac face staring at me stirred again.

Now that I start to piece together the workings of computer programming, I find that I love the PowerPC more than any other existing, experimental, or defunct architecture. It is perfect and needs to be displayed as competent. I think OS9 is the very thing to help show the longevity of well written code and carefully planned hardware. In my efforts to build a small museum of PPC computers, I plan to do all I can to assist the community in writing patches, extensions, and even (*gasp*) drivers. I plan to turn this all into a master's thesis on how lazy and sloppy software engineers have gotten over the years thanks to high horsepower machines. Even while writing this from OSX 10.11 running on an i7, I pine for the time when the PPC at 1GHz was the champion of the heavy lifting arena and OS9 was the only suitable OS for the wild beast.

I look forward to working with this community in all number of projects. Thank you all for what you have brought. 

Offline inspector77

• new to the forums
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »
Hello from Spain, Still recording with an old Apple Quadra 610 and
a yamaha cbx-d5 scsi audio interface.
I have another apple computers:
-Apple IIsi
-Performa 6400
-Powermac 7200
-G4 quicksilver

Thanks a lot for this great forum

Offline ppnm

• new to the forums
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2016, 03:24:27 AM »
Happy to meet this forum!: I knew about it recently, looking to have my QuickSilver Bi800 work again using OS<X.
I'm a french -and old- Mac User: perhaps you guessed I need to refresh my English language...
I owned several Macs; first one, a SE30 -intensively used until 2000, but recently died (video gun); to day, my 4400, QS, MDD bi-1,25, MBpro 13" work fine, a QuickTake 150 too....
Now, I mainly use 2 MacMini, just for personal needs.
See You soon...
PPNM

Offline deanolium

• new to the forums
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:24 AM »
Hi everyone,

Cutting it quick as I should be working. Industrial producer here whose gone back to OS9 because Studio Vision Pro is just an awesome app which still is useful when screwing with hardware. So much so, I've just upgraded my mac rig from a powerbook to a full G3 setup. And it's amazingly fun!

Anyway, good to see this community and others interested in this OS and machine.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2016, 04:37:35 PM »
Isn't it amazing when you go back to SVP and realize how many of today's "new" features were already there?

Offline Mat

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2016, 04:49:27 PM »
Isn't it amazing when you go back to SVP and realize how many of today's "new" features were already there?
That reminds me of people telling me in 2004 why X is sooo cool. They showed me that it is possible to change the Background Image, and that you can stream mp3 radio and that the new Illustrator can convert pixel to vector graphics. I showed them "Decór" for Mac OS 7 and "Adobe Streamline" and asked what they are talking about exactly, … what leaded to some frustration about their new 5000 bucks machine. ;)

Offline revel8or

« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2016, 06:01:15 PM »
Mat, I spent about 2200 us in two sound cards for the PC back in 2000 so I could get 6ms latency.  My wife told me, then, that I should have just bought a Mac G4.  I just got the G4, and I still have the sound cards in a PC that gets updated every few years...I think that I would have been better off, fiscally, with the G4.  I love it.  To little bitty pieces.  I do.
Total noob.  Really.

Offline saxfun

• new to the forums
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2016, 02:36:30 AM »
hi there!
I'm a musician (alto sax, bass clarinet, djembé, dundun, cajón), teaching since 20 years. for my local university i'm repairing a lot of powerbooks, MacBooks and all this stuff. i'm working since 2004 with Mac and OS X, OS9 i did see only on my artists colleagues machines. so i'm really interested, since i have already 9.2.2 on my Sawtooth (2gb RAM, 1,4GhZ Sonnet CPU Upgrade etc.). OS X on my main machines and on this sawtooth is ROCKstable but -honestly- i get a lot of lockups on OS9, an experience i did not had in the past with OS X. so i' eagerly looking forward to work a lot more with OS9 to optimize it on my machine.

saxfun  ;)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2016, 09:10:47 AM »
Well this is the place to get your OS 9 machine sorted out! I'm gonna have to google dundun to see what that is though!!😁😁

Offline Silver

• new to the forums
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2016, 11:11:42 AM »
Hello, I just found this great website by chance. I bought a used iBook calmshell with OS9 installed. I'm looking forward to making music with it.

Offline rickrob

• new to the forums
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2016, 12:36:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've been using Macs since the 80's, started out with an SE and System 6... I took a break for a while a few years back and got rid of all my Macs... But about a year ago I found an SE/30 on the side of the road, took it home and fixed it up. That got me back into vintage macs. Now I've got a small collection going of a G4 Cube, Mac Mini 1.42Ghz, SE/30, Color Classic/Mystic and a Pismo G3 Powerbook. And a Laserwriter 4/600.

Looking forward to reading all the info in the forums.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2016, 02:41:47 PM »
Welcome Silver and rickrob!

started out with System 6.

That's where I got onboard too IIRC ;D

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »
But about a year ago I found an SE/30 on the side of the road,

Damn. I need to my routes - I'm obviously taking the wrong roads!

Offline boring747

• new to the forums
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2016, 10:06:25 PM »
Hi folks!

Some people can't help but feed stray cats when they encounter them. Me, I can't help but fix up old Macs when I encounter them. I joined this community because I'm trying to learn more about MIDI because I'm starting a Twin Peaks tribute band with my best friend. I'm kinda iffy on what the difference between a sequencer and a sampler is, so I have a lot to learn. I promise not to ask any really dumb questions for a while!

Offline eamoc

• new to the forums
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2016, 10:07:43 PM »
Howdy all

By way of introduction, I spent a lot of time and had a lot of fun in the late 90s with the various free Calarts programs for OS 9 (especially Soundhack), and whatever else I could find. As a college junior with a blueberry G3 iMac DV, I'd explore, in maddening intricacy, every second of sound at hand, ticking away the small hours while largely avoiding schoolwork.

Since then I've run OSX on various newish machines (loving every way to integrate the bash terminal with GUI programs) and various barebones Linux distros on old, old ones, but have fondly revisited OS9 more and more. It holds fond memories, has odd charms, and an interesting way of keeping me focused on making, making, making.

I had always wondered what sort of musical sorcery could be performed with the SuperCollider program -- which receives user input in the form of an object-oriented programming language -- and have since learned a good deal about programming, and so am emboldened to revisit it.

Now, having had a Quicksilver G4 and a nice MIDI keyboard controller randomly come into my life, the time is right. I spent under $30 on the Audiophile 2496, and am reading manuals. The MIDI lab at my school wasn't formed until after I'd graduated, so I've plenty to learn.

I'm going to have a good thorough look at the forum pages and get down to brass tacks. Such a cool site, I'm a little confused as to why I didn't assume something like this existed.

Offline mocheez

• new to the forums
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2016, 12:43:06 AM »
Hi there! I've been a hardcore Apple addict and fan of electronic music gear ever since I was a kid. It almost started with a Macintosh, back in 1984, but my father finally went for the Apple //e, much cheaper and much more expandable. Ever since, I was in love… (even though I was a bit pissed off he didn't buy the Mac)
I went through other computing experiences as life went by. My parents and I moved from Paris to Marseille, back in 1990. By then, I was into Amiga's (my dad had bought two A2000's to do computer graphics), on which I discovered the exciting world of computer music. I got away from Apple for a while, although I would often enjoy using the Mac IIfx at my dad's work. In 1991, I decided to get into computer music for real and got me some synthesizer and Atari 520ST with Cubase. This has been my setup for years. I later added a digital sampler and, later on, bought my first own Macintosh… at last! It was a Performa 5400 on which I would run Cubase VST. I later upgraded to a Powermac G3 B&W and got into collecting all the vintage Mac's I could afford, and especially the infamous Mac 128k my dad hadn't bought, back in 1984. After some time I had almost all things Apple had ever created. As I approached my forties, I got bit by some stupid adult bug called "reason". That led to the clearance of absolutely all my Apple computers collection. Fortunately for the buyer, that was before Steve Jobs passed away. Unfortunately for me, I now have to think twice before I buy a vintage Mac because prices skyrocketed.
Still, I managed to buy (again) a complete Apple //e, Apple //c and Mac SE (and two Mac Plus I have yet to get repaired) and kept my B&W G3 and PM G4 MDD (as well as the two Atari ST's)

That was for the background. Today, things are getting a little different. For years, I kept using Mac OS X Lion on my iMac because my trusty old Cubase Studio 4 was still running fine on it, and I could still boot in 32bit mode to use my Tascam controller (no drivers for Mountain Lion… Tascam, you're a b**ch!). But lately, my iMac's drive crashed real bad and I had to format. As I couldn't find a way to simply re-install Lion, I went Yosemite… But now I'm into trouble with Cubase, there's no upgrade plan from Steinberg for my version (they did the same thing to me when I first switched to OS X and G3)… and I can't use my Tascam controller anymore (except for midi and audio pass through…)
I feel stuck in that race for better, faster, stronger hardware and software, and I hate that.
I feel that most hardware has never been totally exploited to its full potential. People build bigger machines because they program fatter software. Where's the optimisation? Where is the time when your Mac would boot up in seconds, where Sound Designer and Photoshop were both 300K and would run on 1MB of ram?
Look at the computer and music industry today : more and more "entertainment" in the form of eye and ear candy but no more creation, no more originality, no more talent. And whilst people are getting crazy over flashy gear with touch screens, I'm trying to get back to basics. So my latest acquisitions were a Mac SE, MOTU and Apple serial midi interfaces and an Ensoniq EPS16+. (Actually, I ended up on this forum because I was looking for an early classic Mac version of Cubase, so I could try my brand new Apple Midi Interface on the Mac SE.)

Thanks for being there. Today I'm gonna try install Mac OS 9 back on my G4 ;-)

Offline lowfikoans

• new to the forums
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm still using a G3 Powerbook and a G4 Pro Tools TDM Mix system for audio work.  Very excited to have discovered this site!

I do electronic music and have tons of samples to share, along with various Pro Tools and audio related bits. 

Offline ThisIsAlanB

• new to the forums
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2016, 07:02:56 PM »
Hello! I've been very curious about older Macs, especially the iMac G3 and iBook G3 Clamshell, since I started getting into tech back in 08 (I'm a bit younger and my household was primarily Windows). I just recently picked up an iBook G3 Indigo Clamshell and ironically enough, it came with a copy of OS 9.2.2 from this site! I'm still shocked how easy it was to get a newer Microsoft USB mouse to work in OS 9.

Offline Archilog

• new to the forums
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »
Hello!

Well, I'm Archilog.

I own an Audiomedia III card I won after a big work on a Filemaker sound database on a G3 B&W. At that time, I personally owned a W98 PC (didn't have enough money to buy anything else), so I ran my Audiomedia III on this system. It was last millennium.

Last year I decided to transfer some old analog tapes and remembered my AM3. I bought a cheap (today  ;)) Tascam 112 MKII to read the tapes and a PowerMac G3 B&W (9.2.1 US system) since it's the most recent Apple system   -afro-  able to work correctly with this good old card. I am very impressed by this computer, in my humble opinion the best one in terms of conception - but I'm not a specialist.

The AM3 works perfectly.

I am searching for Pro Tools LE 5.1.1 (Avid community states it's the ultimate good version for my card).

I hope I can find it and other hints here. I am a former sound engineer, but totally changed my professional life 15 years ago.

Thank you, MacOS9Live community, for being alive as well as my G3!  :)

Offline bobesch

• new to the forums
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2016, 12:03:51 AM »
Hi there, I'm Robert, living in the North of Germany close to the Baltic Sea.
Just started to find out more about the 'mysterious' MacOS
Until 2009 I've only using DOS/Windows, but I remember, that I always had a stop at a Mac-Sellers Window in the late 80's to have a look at that beautiful  Macintosh with Desktop and Icons while everyone of my mates at college were hassling around with DOS and Command-line.
Because of my profession I had to stay with windows, but in 2009 I've got my first MacBook.
Since I'm pleased to see, the working with both environments is nice and challenging.
After getting hands on my first PowerPC (iBookG4) with OS X Tiger I was first impressed about that >10y old hard- and software but even more, after I started to run some stuff (Office2001 and Photoshop) in Classic mode.
Now I sitting here with a Clamshell G3 trying to start with Classic right from the scratch and want to try to find some useful stuff to connect it to my existing environment of Win-OSX/intel/OSX-PPC. But mostly to catch up the missing history that passed by behind that window-pane in the 80's

Offline Mat

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2016, 06:03:24 AM »
Welcome on board everybody!

I have to answer about two issues directly:

I feel stuck in that race for better, faster, stronger hardware and software, and I hate that. I feel that most hardware has never been totally exploited to its full potential. People build bigger machines because they program fatter software. Where's the optimisation?
It is making me very happy that others feel exactly like I do! Gladly I felt that way first when they tried to abandon Mac OS 9, and did not follow the industries plans anymore ;)

Now I sitting here with a Clamshell G3 trying to start with Classic right from the scratch

Robert, I hope you are not using Classic but a Native Mac OS 9! Classic – the emulation within X - is extremely bad compared to native OS!

About "integration" to your network, have a first look at "DAVE". Here is a nice article for example: https://happymacs.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/network-you-classic-mac-with-windows-part-1-using-dave/

Offline trevor12

• new to the forums
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2016, 10:20:17 AM »
Good evening everyone, I have ibook g3 so maybe some apps will be useful for me. Thanks

Offline simondo3

• new to the forums
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »
Greetings earthlings  :)
this is my first post
Great site!! I'm here for some OS 9 goodies and to share the OS 9 goodies I have mostly TDM plugins. I'm a producer and have had Macs since I bought a 9500 in 2000 to host a Pro Tools Mix system which is still in use but is now in a G4 mirror case

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »
Hi everyone new around here.

Simondo, take a look at the TDM plugin section. We need some testers and to fill some gaps. There are many plugins which were not working for me so if you know some magic to make them work, let us know.  :)
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline Heinz

• new to the forums
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2016, 03:35:59 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum, so I thought it would be good to say hello.

My computing history started in the late eighties with an Atari 520 ST+ (which still works perfectly). When Atari faded away I did not move on to Apple (at this time) since I simply could not afford any Mac. So I spend some years of computing with custom built PCs and OS/2 on top. Okay, OS/2 was great but not the best bet as well, so I moved on to use Linux as my main OS. But late in 1997 I was infected by the retro computing virus when I bought one of the still existing Atari magazines (ST Computer).

I started to collect good old Atari computers and even a number of Atari clones - like the Milan and most recently the FireBee. My Atari infection also led to the first MacOS 9 system since there is a great Atari emulator for MacOS 9 called Magic Mac. So Magic Mac was the first killer application for my Umax Pulsar/Supermac which was later upgraded with a G3/500 card. The Next Mac was a PowerMac G3 which was upgraded with a Sonnet G4/500 card. Then finally a brand new MacMini G4 1.42 followed - which was the only new Mac I ever bought. My Mac Mini obviously was not a retro computing device but my day to day private use system. In this role three Intel iMacs followed, two of them are still in use.

So now you might ask you how does all of this lead to Heinz joining this forum? There are several reasons. On one hand I like nice/good hardware, so I was looking to buy some old Apple systems which I never could afford at the time they were new. On the other hand I like to use some good OS and software which is not connected to any cloud, does not collect all information available and so on. So what would be a better choice than some nice G3 or G4 iBook or PowerBook with MacOS 9? This combination is more powerful and modern than all my Atari systems, so I can do more daily work with it. And it's just fun :-)

When I started collecting information on what to buy and how to set stuff up I found this page and forum. And hell this is awesome!!!

Well, that's why I'm here. You already helped me to start into MacOS 9 and I plan to ask some stupid questions and hope you folks can help.

King regards,
Heinz
iBook G3-500, iBook G4-1.33, PowerBook G4 Titanium 500
Atari Falcon CT63, Milan 060, FireBee, Mega ST, ST 1040 STE
ThinkPad T22 OS/2 4.5

Offline IDidMyTimeOnOS9

• new to the forums
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »
I am a new member to this forum which I have stumbled upon as I was looking to resurrect my old OS9 machine(s) recently.

Like most of the other members here I am old enough to remember "the good old days". Through making music I got into using a Mac and I still own my very first machine from 1997 - a Powermac 7300/166 which I upgraded with a G3/300 card some years later.

My name says it all - I have spent a lot of my life in front of a Mac and definitely many hours on pre OS X machines. I spent the best part of my twenties at various recording studios in London in front of a Mac - right at the time when Pro Tools came in and tape took a step back.

I did not get into OS X properly until late into "Jaguar". It did seem exciting when "Panther" and then "Tiger" came. But I think that after "Snow Leopard" OS X started going downhill. So over the years I have become disillusioned with Apple, seeing how the company has changed and abandoned its original core user base which was keeping them alive between 1996 and the first iPod.

I always knew I would need to be able to go back to the classic OS and programmes (before people referred to them as "apps"). What I didn't realise was how much fun it would be doing it - using OS 9 makes me feel like my Mac is my friend. Mac OS was a very different beast then and with the hindsight of over a decade I can see how much Apple has really lost along the way, transforming itself into the most valuable company in the world.

I use Mac OS X daily and earn my living with it. It's far more efficient for a lot of my daily tasks and I couldn't be without it. Having said that there is something about the feel of OS 9 that's definitely been lost. It makes the computer appear more human and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside - and that's why I am here, I suppose.
Powermac 7300/166 w. Sonnet G3/300 upgrade
Powerbook G4 Titanium
Powerbook G4 Aluminium
MacPro 1,1
Hackintosh i7

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2016, 05:59:45 AM »
it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside - and that's why I am here, I suppose.

Glad you're all 'comfy' again!! ;D Welcome aboard!

Offline IDidMyTimeOnOS9

• new to the forums
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2016, 06:21:29 AM »
Thanks very much, mrhappy!
Powermac 7300/166 w. Sonnet G3/300 upgrade
Powerbook G4 Titanium
Powerbook G4 Aluminium
MacPro 1,1
Hackintosh i7

Offline Alfasi

• new to the forums
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
Hello :)
I'm Roy, from Israel (Dying to move outta here :P ).
I've found this site when I thought about getting myself a PPC machine.
I was hesitant at first, but this site showed me there is a community fighting to maintain OS8/9.
I'm 23. As a child we had a Powermac G3 at home and I remember myself actually teaching myself how to read both Hebrew and English, playing with my mom's Freehand and Photoshop making silly creations.
I've bought an iBook G3 (Blueberry Clamshell) and I'm waiting for some upgrades for it, a battery, an airport card and a 256mb RAM card.

I just wanted to introduce myself, I have to get back to work :)

Offline davisdelo

• Weary of X
    • DeLo Digital Photography and Design
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
Hi y'all, my name is Davis and I'm glad to have another resource for keeping my old macs running.  I've had many macs but I currently am using a Dual 1Ghz/167Mhz MDD, Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz and a 24" 2009 iMac.  The MDD is definitely my favorite machine, I got it new way back in the day and it's been a serious workhorse.  I'm looking to get a OS 9 back on it and use it as a production machine again, and maybe try to get my Powerbook to run the unofficial OS 9 if it will take it!
Why did I sell all my old Macs?

Offline sempleyaroff

• new to the forums
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2016, 02:27:42 AM »
Hello everybody! This resource - just a dream come true !
My configuration - QS733, serial steelth port, opcode studio 4 , PT MIX ( 1 core 3 farm) in Magma 13slot chassis, adaptec 2940 mac edition for hardware samplers.
Very grateful to the creators of the forum and active users ! Unfortunately, my written English is far from perfect. Excuse my online translator .

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2016, 06:31:33 AM »
Hey Roy... nice to have some 'youngsters' running about here!! ;D

Davis... if you're interested in Cubase and going to put a fresh OS9.2.2 onto your MDD, check out the 'Instant DAW' download here... it's pretty wild how fast it will install a WHOLE BUNCH of goodies along with 9.2.2! ;D

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2716.0

This resource - just a dream come true !

sempleyaroff... I think most of us here feel that way!! ;D

Offline synthcity

• new to the forums
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2016, 06:04:51 AM »
Hello.  Long time Mac user, and since I keep just about  everything, a collector.  Heavy Mac user for music (MIDI and DAW) in the OS 8.6 to 9.2 era.  My retired G4 dual mirror door is in storage and I only pull it out every year or two to pull up old tunes.  Perhaps I'll pull it out more often as I check out this site! 

Offline davisdelo

• Weary of X
    • DeLo Digital Photography and Design
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2016, 06:12:33 AM »
if you're interested in Cubase and going to put a fresh OS9.2.2 onto your MDD, check out the 'Instant DAW' download here... it's pretty wild how fast it will install a WHOLE BUNCH of goodies along with 9.2.2! ;D

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2716.0

That does look like a good place to start, Cubase was the only pre-OSX DAW I actually had any experience with anyways.  I'm watching a couple PCI Audiophile 2496 cards on eBay now to take advantage of it :)  That card and a good monitor should have my MDD up and running like new! 
Why did I sell all my old Macs?

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
Hello everybody! This resource - just a dream come true !
My configuration - QS733, serial steelth port, opcode studio 4 , PT MIX ( 1 core 3 farm) in Magma 13slot chassis, adaptec 2940 mac edition for hardware samplers.
Very grateful to the creators of the forum and active users ! Unfortunately, my written English is far from perfect. Excuse my online translator .

I'd say that translator did a pretty good job :) welcome to the bunch

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2016, 08:17:41 AM »
I keep just about  everything

I have the same disease!!! ;D ;D

Offline msolohill

• new to the forums
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
Hey there I'm here to get help repairing macs and finding abandonware anywhere i find it.
Thanks

Offline predragr

• new to the forums
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2016, 04:27:57 AM »
Hello there,

I have one nice 4core Power Mac G5 (Late 2005), but unfortunatly, I think that can't boot 9.2.2.

Best regards, people...
SwDied

Offline Opcode

• new to the forums
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2016, 07:01:43 PM »
Hi guys, just woke up from a 15 year coma and looking to get my PPC G3 desktop doing music again. Looks like you have a good resource here for just that ;)

Offline mcdega

• new to the forums
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:59 AM »
Hi there,
I'm trying to recreate some old music of mine and I found this community. It's amazing the material you guys keep alive!
I've got a Power Mac G4 MDD, dual boot (OS 9.2 and OS10.4).
Cheers! :D

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2016, 05:56:18 AM »
Hello to all you new members and welcome! ;D

Offline MJBA

• new to the forums
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:12 PM »
Hi Everyone! Firstly can I say what an amazing place and resource this site is for folks still using OS9!
I have a couple of G4s. An old AGP Graphics that runs PT5LE with a digi001 that still gets used daily. I also have a G4DP Marathon Power Rack that runs Logic Pro7. I like to make electronic music using mostly hardware kit but like to get everything into protools and then work "in the box" (so to speak)...
Im really interested in the PT5 TDM & Plugins download. I love PT5 and OS9 so much that even now I dont want to upgrade to anything else!

Really tempted to go all TDM if I can get the software. The 888 interfaces and farm cards occasionally spring up on ebay so `i may have to invest. Im based in the UK BTW..
What I also need is the procontrol setup folder that sits in the DAE folder.(If anybody could upload just that file that would be awesome - PT5 format..)

I will be back V soon to post and share some more...

Its been a pleasure!!!! 8) 

Offline keith_r25

• new to the forums
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
Currently have three G3 machines, 266,400,and 500mhz.  (2) apple IIe, IIgs.
Own commodore vic-20, c-64, amiga 1000, amiga 500, osbourne-1, atari 400,800,timex 1000,color computer II, 286,386,486, and pentium varieties.
Wire wrapped my own Synertek Sym-1.
Enjoy electronics, aviation (aerobatics), and all variety of computers.

Thanks for a web site like this!!!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
Wow Keith... that's quite a collection!! ;D

MJBA... I have a LE/001 setup too. I'm all audio so went to a TDM/Mix system/Chassis with 7 cards and it's been a LOT of fun and allows a 'modern' style of mixing with the extra horsepower.

So do you use a ProControl with your system? User Knezzen has a pretty elaborate system and I started using one myself. It's been fun!!

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »

Really tempted to go all TDM if I can get the software.

What I also need is the procontrol setup folder that sits in the DAE folder.

Can't you download it from the DAW page on this site?? You'd have the software along with the PC profile.

Offline PPC6500

• new to the forums
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
Hi.

I started with 3 older Macs that I owned. A PowerMac 6500/225, a G4-466 digital audio, and a Powerbook G3-233 with passive matrix display. I very recently managed to rescue a few Macs from being recycled recently including an operational pair lamshade iMac G4s, a PowerBook G3 300, an 8600 and a Beige G3 that looks just like it, as well as an LC575, LC580CD, LC475 and my family's old LCII. There is a Color Classic also but I'm not sure if it works yet. I'm slowly locating all my old OS9 games and hope I can get some working. I also salvaged a couple hundred 3.5" floppies and am trying to see which are still usable and contain some really old Mac software. Found a few small freeware/shareware gems so far. Do OS7/8 Macs fit in here? :)

I wish I could have salvaged more of that old collection but ran out of room. There was some really hard to find stuff in there, though no way to tell if it was all operational, like a variety of Mac Classics, SE/30 and 128k, half dozen different CRT-based iMacs, 2 StyleWriters, a LaserWriter, an ImageWriter, a gray clamshell iBook G3 without cables, and a few misc systems that looked to be in really rough shape. I think a friend managed to find a Newton and a Performa 5200 in that pile of stuff too.

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2016, 06:13:45 AM »

There was some really hard to find stuff in there, though no way to tell if it was all operational, like a variety of Mac Classics, SE/30 and 128k, half dozen different CRT-based iMacs, 2 StyleWriters, a LaserWriter, an ImageWriter, a gray clamshell iBook G3 without cables, and a few misc systems that looked to be in really rough shape. I think a friend managed to find a Newton and a Performa 5200 in that pile of stuff too.

That's like hitting the lottery around here!! ;D ;D  Welcome aboard!

Offline AHmedia

• new to the forums
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
Greetings all!

My story:

I grew up in the 80's! My first computer was an Atari ST (1040 I think it was called). Actually, that's not true! My very first computer was a Sinclair ZX81, followed by a Sinclair ZX Spectrum that my dad bought. Later in the early 90's I owned several Commodore Amiga machines, my beloved Amiga 2000 being my pride and joy until I later jumped on the PC Bandwagon with a used 486, running windows 3.11.
To be honest, I skipped the C64 craze. I was in the Atari ST camp due to it's superiority with MIDI sequencing, running Steinberg's Pro 24 in the 80's. This was Steinberg's flagship sequencer before Cubase I believe. Later of course,  I switched to Cubase on the ST.
Paralell to the Atari ST, I got hooked on the Amiga mainly for gaming.
In the mid 90's, a good (female) friend of mine had a Power Mac (can't remember which one - the mac that is :D) and I was so jealous, but I could never afford one, so I stuck with the growing PC platform. Again, mainly for use as a DAW, which back in those days was not an easy accomplishment!

Somehow, I managed to skip the entire Apple/Mac community until the rise of the iPhone/iPad. These days I own several iPads/iPhones which I hand down to my family members when I upgrade.
I also own a Mac Mini (late 2014 model, which I only got because it was time to own a Mac) - only upgrade I could do was an SSD Drive, but I LOVE my Mini!!!

I've always been interested in Emulations. Especially the machines I grew up with. Aside from the Arcade, Amiga/Atari ST Emu's, I just discovered SheepShaver and installed OS 9.0.4 yesterday and it's running great!

Now I'm here! and thank you all for welcoming me to the community!!

Offline bingbong

• new to the forums
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:34 PM »
HI!  I bought my first mac ever in this lifetime.  A $100 G4 Power Mac with 933 processor.  Im pretty excited.  I want to get at those downloads.  Im already sampling Turbosynth and thonk. 

Offline CF3

• vintage sampler addict
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »
Howdy all,

I'm putting together an OS9 system to run editor/librarian software for vintage Samplers & Synths. Been lurking around for awhile and have found the info VERY helpful. Decided to join!

Many thanks for all the hard work.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:51:00 PM by CF3 »

Offline sagastudios

• new to the forums
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:50 AM »
Greetings, everyone.  I have a couple of PowerMac G4's and five (with parts to spare) PowerBook G4 Titanium machines, and Iuse them for productivity and electronic music.  Glad to have a discovered a place to exchange ideas and tips.

Special thanks to the mods and other folks who make this site possible.

Take care!