Author Topic: Wanted: Digidesign Pt Mix+ kit  (Read 3264 times)

Offline acelera

• Enthusiast Member
  • Drowning in cables
Wanted: Digidesign Pt Mix+ kit
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »
Hi,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and now the happy owner of a dual 1.25mhz G4 running Logic 6 and PT TDM 5.1.3. I have everything running quite swimmingly (AMT8, Logic, my ancient blue XSkey but... my Mix Core doesn't pop up on Digitest so I presume it's seen better days, my three Mix Farms are fine and so are the two Samplecell IIs (one with TDM, one without).

I am interested in acquiring Mix Core(s) and Mix Farm(s) and perhaps even some later 888 and/or Adat Bridge (20 or 24).

As much as this is a fun project - my other half thinks that I have lost the plot - , it's also about returning to an era where Logic worked just fine (thank you Apple for screwing that up too) even without TDM - I had a Digi001 in those days - I just got stuff done a lot easier than in OS X with a million AUs, sloppy timing and bugs galore.

If you have anything you fancy selling, let me know!

PS Kudos for the forum, it's incredibly useful and full of fantastic information!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:53:03 AM by acelera »

Online Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Re: Wanted: Digidesign Pt Mix+ kit
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »
I have a couple of MIX Core and MIX Farm cards on the shelf. Don't know how many im willing to part with thoug, since it seems hard to find them cheaply and in good condition nowdays.

What I have and can sell are two 888 (16bit), one 882/20 and two ADAT Bridge/24.

Interested? :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline acelera

• Enthusiast Member
  • Drowning in cables
Re: Wanted: Digidesign Pt Mix+ kit
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »
Yeah, I am :)

An Adat Bridge 24 would be a great way of rounding off my setup for sure! Out of 12 digitests, the Core card has only showed up once so I am getting a little anxious to swap it out with something that works all the time.

If I can get a healthy Mix Core to work along with my 3 Mix Farms that seems like a a boatload of DSP power.  If I also managed to get a Mix Farm, then I think that would be it for Mix cards and would just leave the rest of the slots in case reasonably prices Samplecells pop up ever again or grabbing a PoCo, Mackie UAD1 and/or Korg Oasys.

Just let me know what would be a fair price to you and we take it from there

Many thanks