Author Topic: m-audio delta drivers - snap, crackle, pop! /w the delta 410 + 3.1.0 driver  (Read 5311 times)

supernova777

im having an issue with the delta driver:

M-Audio Delta 3.1.0 (1011a).sit

and im wondering if anyone has any other versions of the delta driver i can try..
these would have come on the included m-audio driver discs...

im using this driver with the 410 pci http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb02/articles/delta410.asp
the problem is if i walk away from my session and come back the audio driver loses its clock or sync or something
and its all crackly + pops

if i use the delta 410 specific driver (classified as being for mac os 8.6 on the m- driver download site)
this NEVER happens.. but this driver also never seems to allow the software to see my multicard setup
and i need a driver that works with multi-card setups.. so trying to find another version of the delta drivers
for os9...

maybe someone can keep this in mind if they come across an m-audio driver cd
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:13:49 PM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

Re: m-audio delta drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »
actually i think i might have solved this problem by using the SPDIF cable to sync between the two cards.. and actually have it set up in the 'delta panel' to have the first card be the clock master + the 2nd slaving to the first..

8) 8)

im sure i tried this before but not on 9.22 - on 9.22 it seems to be 100% - no more crackle pop after taking a break, and coming back to the track

supernova777

yea i really think its working 100% now.. the trick is u have to check the "delta panel" and set up the spdif locking everytime (every boot)
for some reason even if u 'save settings' it doesnt stick...

anyway im happy its working. ;)

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
Yeah.
This sync-connection should be always done with a multiple soundcard-setup as the clocks of each device can drift away.

But you're losing digital connections this way but otherwise it can ruin your recordings.

The internet is full of reports experiencing this. I also suffered this bad experience with one live recording i made with two different soundcards linked under the aggregate device option on my OSX powerbook.
The recording got screwed-up after the 7th minute but i realized that after i got home.
The fix is simply as you did it.
I think i saw that with stackable PCI systems you have the options to do that interlinking internaly so you're not loosing any digital connections or with external ones its good to have wordclock connections for the same purpose.

Offtopic:
Chris, did you see that i'm searching mac drivers for my Prodif 96 Pro soundcard ?
I know they exists because i found an old thread on the Avid site with a guy talking about it.
There are a download link for some beta mac drivers on the Marian site under the Wayback-machine but their FTP server is obviously down...

Please can you do some of your magic and find them!
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

supernova777

hmm
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep98/articles/sekd_soundcard.html

this article mentions the drivers werent complete at time of print..
do u have any idea when they releasd the mac drivers?
sometime in 1999?

check your original thread:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1649.msg9750#msg9750
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:16:36 AM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

supernova777

its definately sorted now..
slept last nite.. woek up this morning
hit my space bar..
audio clean + crisp..
no more crackles;)

i used to think the driver was just faulty!!!!
because if u turned asio off + back on again it would always fix it
but the permanent fix appears to be proper setup of digital clocking via spdif
and always ensuring that the panel has the right setings for clock sync spdif locked
after every shut down/restart this must be ensured
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:50:56 PM by chrisNova777 »