Author Topic: administrative notes  (Read 4498 times)

supernova777

administrative notes
« on: October 12, 2014, 05:59:15 AM »
- the "pro tools le 5.1" installer in the downloads section IS NOT FOR DIGI 001 OR AMIII it is for TDM 24mix plus systems only and it is actually v5.1.3 the original cd - this needs to be changed asap as we have reports of people having extreme confusion + problems caused by downloading this believing that its for digi 001 because it  will seem to work but not work properly at all.. jerry already has has a friend that had to drive 6 hours because of this mistake lets get it fixed so noone else has any big problems such as this
***ive just looked again and it seems we have another post of 5.1.3 tdm so these two files need to be compared to make sure they are identical maybe just a file size check will reveal this to be true?

-i have  the "pro tools LE 5.01" cd (compatible with mac os 8.6) and i will upload that image as it is as of right now missing from our downloads

-the "pro tools le 5.1.1 for mbox + Digi 001" installer needs to be posted as a download in the downloads section
this is important because alot of rtas plugins need 5.1.1 and will not work with 5.0.1 (although there are of course ones that do for 8.6 users) this is posted only as a thread by me, but its not visible to those people who are looking for it unless the look very carefully, i can upload this aswell to be posted

so basically untill action is taken digi 001/audiomedia III  users are screwed as of right now
because none of the downloads in the downloads section will work for them until we fix these things

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: administrative notes
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »
- the "pro tools le 5.1" installer in the downloads section IS NOT FOR DIGI 001 OR AMIII it is for TDM 24mix plus systems only and it is actually v5.1.3 the original cd - this needs to be changed asap as we have reports of people having extreme confusion + problems caused by downloading this believing that its for digi 001 because it  will seem to work but not work properly at all.. jerry already has has a friend that had to drive 6 hours because of this mistake lets get it fixed so noone else has any big problems such as this
***ive just looked again and it seems we have another post of 5.1.3 tdm so these two files need to be compared to make sure they are identical maybe just a file size check will reveal this to be true?

"Pro Tools LE v5.1 - Toast CD Images - Install CD & Extras CD" download deleted to avoid further confusion.

-i have  the "pro tools LE 5.01" cd (compatible with mac os 8.6) and i will upload that image as it is as of right now missing from our downloads

-the "pro tools le 5.1.1 for mbox + Digi 001" installer needs to be posted as a download in the downloads section
this is important because alot of rtas plugins need 5.1.1 and will not work with 5.0.1 (although there are of course ones that do for 8.6 users) this is posted only as a thread by me, but its not visible to those people who are looking for it unless the look very carefully, i can upload this aswell to be posted
so basically untill action is taken digi 001/audiomedia III  users are screwed as of right now
because none of the downloads in the downloads section will work for them until we fix these things

There is a "Pro Tools LE v5.2.1 for Mbox" download
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=853.0
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

supernova777

Re: administrative notes
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:38:45 AM »
my mistake -- i meant AMIII + digi 001...  :o

can u check to see if its the same 2 cds posted on the tdm post?
just to make sure  the 'extras' cd was not something different?