Author Topic: toast 5 titanium compatibility  (Read 6861 times)

supernova777

toast 5 titanium compatibility
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
does anyone know the version information for toast?
5.2 installer was crashing just a moment ago on my sawtooth (with mac os 9.1)

i was able to install 5.01 or 5.02 tho
does 5.2 requires 9.2? if so, it would make sense for the download page for 5.2 to also include the 5.01 installer or seperate links
that are detailing the version requirement differences.. as to avoid problems with users trying to install an unsupported software
on their version of mac os

Offline Totusek

• Valued Member
Re: toast 5 titanium compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »
I seem to recall that copying over the Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2 application and all folders and files (except Toast USB Support B and Toast USB Support C) and folders installed under Mac OS 9.2.2 on a G4 Sawtooth, worked on a Blue and White G3 Revision 2 machine worked under Mac OS 9.1.

I also seem to recall that these Extensions (copied over from a Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2.x install under Mac OS 9.2.2):

Toast CD Reader v5.2.1
Toast FireWire Support v1.0.8
Toast USB Support v2.3.9
and Toast Video CD Support.qtx 1.5.5

worked under Mac OS 9.1, and Mac OS 9.0.x, and Mac OS 8.6, with older versions of Toast - going all the way back to Adaptec Toast 4.1.3, but that:

Toast USB Support B v2.3.9
Toast USB Support C v2.3.9

did not work under Mac OS 8.6, some versions of Mac OS 9.0.x, and some versions of Mac OS 9.1, and sometimes crashed versions of Toast under pre Mac OS 9.2.x, if installed.

Now:

Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2 was listed by Roxio as "compatible with Mac OS 9.1 and higher, including Mac OS 10.2".

Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2.1, 5.2.2, and 5.2.3 were listed by Roxio as "compatible with Mac OS 9.1 and higher, including Mac OS 10.3" [Actually all the way up to OS X 10.6.8 with the QuickTransit "Rosetta" dynamic binary translator installed  - IF one knows the trick parts of how to install it and manually install all required folders and files on the correct locations... ].

In terms of your Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2 installer crashing - You might try installing it on a Mac OS 9.2.2 machines, then make .sit archives of everything installed, and copy the .sit archives over to your Mac OS 9.1 machines, decompress the archives, and manually put everything in the same locations under Mac OS 9.1 that they were installed with under Mac OS 9.2.2, and see if the Roxio Toast Titanium 5.2 will then launch - If it crashes remove the Toast USB Support B and Toast USB Support C INITs from the Extensions Folder, and try again.

Hope this helps some...