Author Topic: Is it just me, or is Cubase sluggish?  (Read 22766 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Re: Is it just me, or is Cubase sluggish?
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
You couldn't test Cubase on any other system? Why is that? I tried on my 1.25ghz MDD and my 9600.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
You couldn't test Cubase on any other system? Why is that? I tried on my 1.25ghz MDD and my 9600.
Yes I do. In fact I'd tried out in a [email protected] and in a Sawtooth @2.0 Ghz but is near to impossible to note the "windows delay" in those systems.

My [email protected] is fully disassembled. And my 8600 don't boot, after the SATA/Sonnet test. My MDD dual @1.66 is in a box, and my Sawtooth @500 I don't know for sure where it is...

And I still have some other Macs (PM8500, may be some PM7200 and some Quadras...) LOL
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »

I'd tried out in a [email protected] and in a Sawtooth @2.0 Ghz ...

My [email protected] is fully disassembled. And my 8600 don't boot, after the SATA/Sonnet test. My MDD dual @1.66 is in a box, and my Sawtooth @500 I don't know for sure where it is...

And I still have some other Macs (PM8500, may be some PM7200 and some Quadras...) LOL

There is a thin line between http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collecting http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleccionismo and the Apple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%ADndrome_de_acaparador_compulsivo. Maybe all we can go ask Group pricing.  ;D  I will be the first one but not the last one.  ;D And I only have 3 PowerMacs...

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
In 1992 I've to sold my Mac LC to buy a new one (LCIII). It was the last time I sold a Mac...
Since them when I decide to change to a new model, the older one worth practically nothing, so I keep it just in case... LOL
Some of my Macs were given to me for free, like the PM 7200 and two Sawtooth...
Mi iMac G4 cost me 1200 EUR and my MDD 1.500 EUR. Since then I've purchased it really cheap, The last I've purchased was a MDD in 2008 for 50 EUR and another one last year was interchanged by a Nokia Lumia, that cost me 30 EUR.  LOL
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:24:53 PM by MacTron »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 07:55:45 AM »
Sorry been offline for a while... A few things...

1) Verify that the correct extensions (for your video card are enabled, and extensions for other Video cars are disabled)

2) Remember to trash (delete) the Cubase Preferences in the system folder reboot and try a fresh Cubase install

3) Drag a Fresh new System Folder to another Volume... and reboot (holding alt/option) install ONLY Cubase and Test

Let me know the results
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:45:16 AM by DieHard »

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »
I tried all of that. Still giving me the same thing.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »
I'm still curious about how others aren't experiencing this issue, especially considering we're installing on the same machines.

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2014, 02:01:13 PM »

it is not only that i dont have it, i also have never met anyone who had it. :)

insert arbitrary signature here

supernova777

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
something gotta be causing it...
either corrupt install media or midi communication or video related or font related
u must have a corrupt font.
i remember these things happening alot..
i mean u read hte text in that fontmanager update
the font manager update stops it from happening further
but it sounds to me that u have already had it happen
and the only thing that can fix is overwriting the font with a corrected 100% ok one
or reinstalling your os from a source that doesnt contain that corrupt font

my suggestion would be
download the mac os anthology dvd from the link i posted
and reinstall your 7.x or 8.x os install from this "Developers" compilation
to be sure that your os install is 100% and does not contain some corrupt file

http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1858.0
i think it will be disc 4 or 5 that you need that will contain 7.6 i think
google "mac os anthology" to try to find a better index of the discs before u download maybe to make sure u are getting the right disc

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2014, 05:02:30 PM »
It's not a font problem, not sure where you got that from. This happens on my 1.25ghz G4 MDD on OS9.2.2 with the drag install posted here, and it also happens on my 9600 in both System 7 installed from the original 9600 Restore disc, and OS 8.6 as well. MacTron is getting it too so at least I'm not the only one.

Also, the window thing I spoke of is hard to explain, maybe I'm not explaining it right. There's definitely some delay when you click down on it though.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 12:56:16 AM »
Syntho, keep reducing the number of colors from "Millions" to "Thousands" or less… Decrease the number of colors for the display.
This allows your computer to spend more of its processing time on audio (and MIDI); color display settings can severely hamper realtime audio performance on some computer configurations.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 02:15:12 AM »
I tried reducing the colors all the way to 256, and I also changed the midi resolution to the lowest setting. Nothing worked. It's just plain weird that me and Mactron are getting this and no one else is.