Author Topic: digi 001 + logic audio 4.x - compatible? support added in v4.1.2  (Read 10839 times)

supernova777

http://web.archive.org/web/20000229123131/http://www2.emagic.de/english/index.html

Logic Audio for Digi001: More power. More channels.
Elegant, optimized performance
February 18th 2000

With Logic Audio for Macintosh, Emagic provides the software that allows Digi001 users to expand their system into a true MIDI/audio production environment.

As well as direct support of the Digi001 MIDI inputs and outputs, Logic Audio provides many other advantages: direct access of up to 64 audio channels and the possibility to use interleaved, split and mono files as well as 16 and 24-Bit audio files at the same time. For creative sound shaping, Logic Audio Platinum provides more than forty integrated plug-in effects. In addition, VST and instrument plug-ins (with MIDI input) may also be used.

The elegant and ergonomically designed user interface of Logic Audio provides fast access to all this functionality and guarantees that music production with the Digi001 is both efficient and inspiring.

The update is free of charge for registered Version 4.0 users.

For further information please see our special Digi001 page.

looks like support was added in v4.1.2

Digi001 support now available for Logic Audio Macintosh
December 22nd 1999

Only shortly after receiving the first Digi001 development units, Emagic presents Logic Audio 4.1.2 — the ideal software companion for Digidesign's latest home studio hardware release. Thanks to a specially tailored Direct I/O and MIDI adaptation, Digi001 owners can now use all the functions of their hardware with Logic Audio Macintosh. Convince yourself of the quality of this powerful combination by visiting our dedicated Digi001 site. The no-charge Version 4.1.2 updater is available for immediate download by all current Logic Audio and MicroLogic AV Macintosh Version 4.0 owners.

supernova777

Re: digi 001 + logic audio 4.x - compatible? support added in v4.1.2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:06:26 AM »
Emagic and Digidesign share a long history of fruitful co-operation, from Logic Audio's early support of the Audiomedia cards right up to the current exemplary TDM implementation found in Logic Audio Platinum. In Autumn '99 Digidesign introduced the Digi001, affordable hardware for the home studio that is now becoming available at retailers around the world. With Logic Audio 4.1.2 for Macintosh, Emagic provides the software that allows Digi001 users to expand their system into a true MIDI/audio production environment. Hardware expertise from the USA and software know-how from Germany are now combined into one complete system that convinces even critical testers with guaranteed compatibility and outstanding price/performance value.

http://www.digitalprosound.com/Htm/Articles/Emagic_v411_digi001.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20000301104004/http://www.emagic.de/english/news/digi001.html

Of course, owners of other products in the Logic Series — Gold, Silver and MicroLogic AV — can now also use the Digi001. Each product offers a specially-tailored feature set that suits the needs of specific situations — from ambitious beginner up to busy project studios. The single MIDI input and output out of the Digi001 is certainly helpful for simple session work but a complex studio will need more MIDI inputs and outputs. In this case we recommend the USB-compatible MIDI interface AMT8 (Active MIDI Transmitter). If extra outputs are required, Logic Audio Platinum supports the simultaneous use of different audio hardware, allowing you to add up to 3 x Audiowerk8 audio cards, thus providing 24 extra individual outputs.

wow interesting, says u can add audiowerk8 cards in combination with the digi 001! to add 24 extra ins + outs??
in addition to the already 16-18 inputs provided by the digi 001? that means.. alot of inputs;)
i think i know what to do with my powermac g3 450mhz.. to set it up with the digi 001 + try to run logic 4!!
;) maybe grab an audiowerk8 card (or 2) ;0

interesting also to note that this multi-combination of audio hardware is supported on all logic 4.x products, even micrologic AV!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:19:58 AM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »
wow really surprised no response here yet.. this was a pretty crazy discovery for me.. ;)
i thought protoolsle5guy would be doing cartwheels :D but i guess he doesnt use logic

18+8+8+8= 42 track count!

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:19:43 PM »
wow really surprised no response here yet.. this was a pretty crazy discovery for me.. ;)
i thought protoolsle5guy would be doing cartwheels :D but i guess he doesnt use logic

There is nothing new to me. Logic always could handle more than 1 soundcard...

To have more than 8-16 outs in only usefull when mixing Out The Box... Do you have an SSL-Neve-Soundcraft-DigiCO Mixer of more than 8 Inputs? I only have a StudioMaster 16-4-2 and I am not interested on using it...

Interesting is to have more than 16 inputs, but I have no more than 10-12 good mics..
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 11:32:11 PM »

What is a cartwheel? The wheel of a cart?  ???  >:(  :(

I have used Logic (Logic Pro Isis 3.6) since the Isis until 2004... After that I recorded Ideas with Logic, produced them with Logic 5.5.1  and mixed them on PT6.1.1 (2004-2008). Now I record Ideas directly on PT>5 (PT5 have no "onboard" click).

I am not afraid to use Logic. For me Logic IS the best VST "holder" and Protools the best AudioEditor...

I still press Control + Arrows on PT to zoom in the projects...(Logic keycommand)  ;D
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 11:35:07 PM »
What is a cartwheel? The wheel of a cart?  ???  >:(  :(
it means to run and flip over with your arms and legs outstretched like an X and u spin sideways flipping your body vertically like a wheel moving from leg to hand to hand to leg to leg to hand to hand

http://giphy.com/gifs/NSHIvWBT3W9O0

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:48:27 PM »

it means to run and flip over with your arms and legs outstretched like an X and u spin sideways flipping your body vertically like a wheel moving from leg to hand to hand to leg to leg to hand to hand

http://giphy.com/gifs/NSHIvWBT3W9O0

Dar volteretas...

https://www.google.es/search?q=volteretas&client=firefox-a&hs=xZm&rls=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&channel=rcs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5YsWVJ-PF9LeaOumgIgN&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=641

Advanced English Lesson 101

;D

On that time (99-03) Logic had enough power to mix projects while to mix the same thing on protools you needed a mix+++ system. But with clients, most studios preferred to work with protools for stability reasons.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »

wow interesting, says u can add audiowerk8 cards in combination with the digi 001! to add 24 extra ins + outs??
in addition to the already 16-18 inputs provided by the digi 001? that means.. alot of inputs;)

interesting also to note that this multi-combination of audio hardware is supported on all logic 4.x products, even micrologic AV!

Add 16 bit garbage to the sandwich inputs of the 001...     ;D
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 11:33:28 AM »
If extra outputs are required, Logic Audio Platinum supports the simultaneous use of different audio hardware, allowing you to add up to 3 x Audiowerk8 audio cards, thus providing 24 extra individual outputs.

im guessing this configuration of using the digi001 + audiowerk8 in combination wouldnt work  inside pro tools..
seeing as its "Logic Audio Platinum" the app itself that makes this possible..
sucks!

supernova777

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 07:30:39 AM »
i just realized this audiowerk8 card is only 2 inputs per card.... so its all multi out but only stereo in..
that kinda sucks

supernova777

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »

To have more than 8-16 outs in only usefull when mixing Out The Box... Do you have an SSL-Neve-Soundcraft-DigiCO Mixer of more than 8 Inputs? I only have a StudioMaster 16-4-2 and I am not interested on using it...

Interesting is to have more than 16 inputs, but I have no more than 10-12 good mics..

yes i just realized this now i didnt think correctly last time.
but can logic handle another card with inputs at hte same time instead?????
i think the answer might be yes?
i was thijnking this was some type pf special ability only with the combo of these types of cards.. audioweerk 8 and 001
but am i right to think that u can literally use ANY card with logic in combination with ANY other card?? or would it be only one card per driver/type? ie 1 asio, 1 easi, 1 direct io etc

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 09:21:59 PM »

i was thijnking this was some type pf special ability only with the combo of these types of cards.. audioweerk 8 and 001
but am i right to think that u can literally use ANY card with logic in combination with ANY other card?? or would it be only one card per driver/type? ie 1 asio, 1 easi, 1 direct io etc

I think only platinum allow you to use more than 1 hardware at the same time
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

supernova777

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 09:23:34 PM »
not true. because i have a "logic audio' non-platinum license

the hardware driver setup dialogs are the same.

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 09:29:23 PM »
not true. because i have a "logic audio' non-platinum license

the hardware driver setup dialogs are the same.
Yes, but if you click in a second chosen one it deactivates the previously chosen. I can be wrong but if that feature is not Platinum only, it should be platinum and gold only.

For sure micrologic do not allow 2 interfaces, and silver and delta versions too
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 11:52:02 PM »
I have been thinking about trying the Logic 4.8 we have here with my PT TDM rig... Don't know Logic at all so I'm sure it will take a lot of mucking about until I get familiar with it. I was reading recently from a Pro tools book about integrating Logic/Cubase/DP and it got me curious.  ;D