Classic Mac Hardware (Troubleshooting, Upgrading, & Modifying) > Mac CPU Upgrades

G4 single 1.33 Ghz 2Mb of L3...

(1/7) > >>

MacTron:
I have in my hand a G4 single 1.33 Ghz 2Mb of L3 from a Xserve.

Click Image to Enlarge...

I'm going to try overclock it at 1.5 Ghz and test if the 2Mb of L3 caché can improve NI DFD (Direct From Disk) in Kompakt as I suspect.

Let's see how

MacTron:

--- Quote from: MacTron on September 02, 2014, 08:45:14 AM ---I'm going to try overclock it at 1.5 Ghz.

--- End quote ---
The overclock was successful. Let's see how it goes in the next few day... and if we try to go further (1.58 Ghz or 1.66 Ghz)

I've also taken a few pictures of the overclock process in case of some one is interested...
BTW, may be this is the FIRST report of a G4@1.33 single overclocked :)

--- Quote --- and test if the 2Mb of L3 caché can improve NI DFD (Direct From Disk) in Kompakt as I suspect.

--- End quote ---
No improvement at all :(

supernova777:
cool.. this is hardware modification?  :o u are brave  8)

MacTron:

--- Quote from: chrisNova777 on September 02, 2014, 10:05:17 AM ---cool.. this is hardware modification?

--- End quote ---
Yes.

--- Quote ---  :o u are brave  8)

--- End quote ---

Thank You. But I've done this several times, just being careful and double check everything.
BTW, Some explanation  pictures I have done:

MacTron:
NOTE: All MDD Single CPU (1.0 Ghz and 1.25) have 1MB of L3, but all xServe G4 Single CPU (1.0 Ghz and 1.33) have 2MB of L3.
The overclock settings are identical to the Single 1.25 CPU module.

So we are exploring an unique and uncommon setup: a Single CPU module with 2MB of L3 Cache in to a MDD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version