Author Topic: Proper SCSI Termination & Term Power  (Read 22776 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Proper SCSI Termination & Term Power
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 08:15:39 AM »
i´ve recently paid 5 euro for a complete office PC from dell with 2 tb drives ISDN, and a windows 64 bit license. when it comes to old IDE drives, i get the bigger ones for free from friends and give the smaller for free away to other frieds. 10 years old computer hardware is litter.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline devils_advisor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »
my atto's have onboard termination. but you know what else can ruin the whole thing ? the scsi card if it has a scsi id like my atto does. same id twice wont work no matter if you terminate or not.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 08:28:14 AM »
Very true... as I mentioned in my example
6) IDs in any order are OK as long as ther are unique (per channel), but try to number the card as SCSI ID 0 and increment starting from the card outward, so the first connected device is ID 1, next ID 2...and so on... since the internal channel and external channels are separate, you can use the same method for each channel without a problem or you can use a different starting point for external stuff to avoid confusion.... for example, a system with 2 internal HDs and 1 external Jazz drive...
Card is ID 0, first internal HD is ID 1, 2nd HD is ID 2 (Terminated or end of cable terminated)
Jazz is ID 6 and terminated.

The card is usually ID 0 or can be assigned, so definitely keep in mind to EXCLUDE the ID of the actual SCSI card/adapter when setting the device IDs