Author Topic: cubase serial codes  (Read 16550 times)

supernova777

cubase serial codes
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:18:48 PM »
entering this serial w/ 5.1 "all versions" installer installs "score"

upgrade VST 3.5 (not score)

entering this serial w/ 5.1 "all versions" installer installs "vst32"

does anyone know any more "trick in the wall" "rules" ? ;)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:04:39 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: cubase serial codes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:31:14 AM »
does anyone know any more "trick in the wall" "rules" ? ;)
You can use the same serial number for any version of the 4,x series  just taking care of the two first digits: by example if you have the serial 019876543 for Score 4.0 (because begins by 01) you can use the same number with standar version or VST/24!

Standard (02):029876543
Score (01):019876543
VST24 (00):009876543

The same aplies to v 5.x but this versions uses diferrent CD's to autorice Standard, Score or VST/32.

I haven't tried this with 3.0 series...
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

supernova777

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »
does anyone of our members have any version of cubase 3??
i dont think so? (i mean full toast)

missing from the archives  :o

i dont think the list at wikipedia is 100% accurate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steinberg_Cubase

remember this post of mine? http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1497.0
this information i took from the wizoo book from 1998.. "wizoo guide cubase vst macintosh"
so i assume its correct!

observation from the chart:
-mac VST version was first before windows "cubase vst 3.0" (may 1996)
-it took them untill (Oct 1997) to get the same thing on the pc "Cubase vst 3.5" but at this time
both versions (mac + pc) were very synced up feature wise
-cubase vst 4.0 (jul 1998) was a big upgrade from 3.0 with many many new features (rewire, groove box quantize, window sets, key shortcuts)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:59:47 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline nigelpry

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
Hi,

My first post here, hoping you guys can help.  Apologies for the history/scene setting preamble, but, eventually, if you can please read on, you'll get to the on-topic bit about serial numbers.

I'm a long time Cubase user ... in fact I was a beta tester for Cubase 1.0 on the Atari back when Evenlode Soundworks distributed Steinberg gear in the UK.  I got roped into that due to the contacts I made while using Pro24.

Anyway, when the Atari was usurped in my house by a PC, I crossgraded to VST 3.5/24 and then VST 5/32.  Since then, I've carried upgrading all he way to the current 7.5, nowadays working on Mac computers.

So, here's the thing.  I used to run VST 5/32 with a fully kitted out set of Yamaha DSP Factory cards (2x DS2416, 1x AC-16XT and 1x SW1000XG, with an ADB AX88 8 i/o 24bit front end for it).  I've always fancied resurrecting that kit since my last PC with 5volt PCI slots died.  I had the motherboard repaired several times, but after that I never found another PC motherboard with enough 5v PCI slots. 

So, I thought to myself, seeing as I'm now Mac centric, I wonder if I could get a suitable old Mac to put the cards in and run VST 5/32.

I've spoken to Steinberg Tech Support, as I only seem to have ever had a PC install disc, and they kindly linked me to an .iso of the VST 5/32 Mac Installer. I burned the .iso to a CD, and I've also copied the files onto one of the internal drives (not the OS drive). I also downloaded the updates from ftp.steinberg.de .

I've bought a great condition Mac G4 (for £10.61! off ebay), with dual 1.25ghz processors and 1.75gb Ram, and have successfully installed OS9 to boot natively.  The Yamaha drivers are also installed, as is OMS.  Everything is working fine so far.

Next step then is to get Cubase installed.  And here's the problem ...

My serial number ... 9 digits beginning with 11, is not accepted when I'm prompted to enter it, whether trying to install 5.0 from the CD or the internal drive.  The same problem occurs if I try to install 5.1, as when it accesses the CD, I get the same prompt and the serial number is not accepted.

So, any ideas, where do I go from here?  Is the '11’ series serial number just for PC versions? Do I need to get a different serial number for installing on a Mac?

I saw that there is a Cubase VST 5/32 'Authorizer' file available.  If I use that, will I still get a 'full' properly working installation of Cubase, or is it in some way 'hacked' and therefore unstable.

It seems a shame to have to use this authorizer when I'm a legit owner, but I'm struggling to see the alternative.  I've had no response as yet from Steinberg regarding the non-working serial number, but from what I've read here, it seems you can use any 9 numbers so long as the first two are '11'.

Or is there something else I'm missing?

Help/ideas please!

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
... it seems you can use any 9 numbers so long as the first two are '11'.

Not at all.

Cubase Mac Serial begins with 00 (VST/32), 01 (Score), and 02 (VST)

In the downloads sections you'll find valid S/N for Cubase VST and VST/32 .

BTW, Did you have a Cubase Score VST 5.0 CD install?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »
It seems a shame to have to use this authorizer when I'm a legit owner

i dont think so, normally you only have a CD and a serial for all steinberg products on OS9 (since the day apple computers stopped having a floppy drive.)
insert arbitrary signature here

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »
hes speaking of this cubase authorizer thread...
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=34.msg856#msg856

its funny tho because this thread seems to be the very first msgs between  diehard + mactron.. and later,  myself ;)

Nigel; you are in the right place.. all the help u need is right here, if u ask the right questions..

a) cubase installer cd --> (http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=849.0)
b) the proper procedure for installing is as follows:

- download the cd
- burn the to a blank cdr
- put the cdr in the computer (but dont run anything from it)
- download the 5.1r1 installer and run it
- use the serial provided (beginning with "00" not "11", "11" serials are for pc windows versions as pointed out)
- be patient as the installer fully scans the cd (it may seem as tho the mac is unresponsive + frozen but its not)
- reboot + run cubase for the first time
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:34:22 PM by chrisNova777 »

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »
hes speaking of this cubase authorizer thread...
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=34.msg856#msg856

its funny tho because this thread seems to be the very first msgs between  diehard + mactron.. and later,  myself ;)

Yes... this happened only a few months (19) away ... but it seems as this happened since very very long time...  ;D
... but my English doesn't have any enhancement  :'( ...

supernova777

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 02:37:16 PM »
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=34.msg146#msg146

i think this was possibly my very first msg on this site;)

Offline nigelpry

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Thanks so much for all the help and advice guys.

Will get on with it tomorrow when I'm back home.

Actually got a brief message back from Steinberg Tech Support today, giving me a 00 series serial number to use ;-). I didn't realise that the 11 series was PC only, and Steinberg didn't mention it when they gave me a link to the full VST 5/32 install disc ISO.

Is there a good reason why I shouldn't install from the 5.0 disc at first?  I see the suggestion is to install 5.1r1, which checks the CD as part of the install process.

Also, which is the most stable version in people's views?  On PC, I've been successfully using 5.2pb1, which was the last version.  Do you recommend the same on the Mac?

PS ... Sorry, I don't have a VST Score CD.  I was on VST 32, specifically for its Yamaha DSP Factory support.

I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Thanks,

Nigel

supernova777

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 03:58:12 PM »
the 5.1r1 is the reccommended version to install.
that is why we reccommended it;)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »

you dont need to use 5.2 on mac, it does not have any further bugfixes to 5.1, but only a new function (system link), which is alpha version crap itself.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
and of course 5.1 was a free update, so it does not matter if you use a 5.0 or 5.1 installer disk with your personal (or not so personal) serial.

supernova777

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »

Offline mweed4

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
    • A band I sometimes gig with
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 12:55:57 AM »
somewhere around I have the 3.7 cd/ mac and pc, and even the old style (printer port instead of usb) key.....ive been with them since windows 95 i think,  :) how do i get it so i don't have to fill out these dang letters and questions each time ?
G4 Power Mac 2x500mhz, 2 gigs ram, 1 mix,2 farms,4 888/24s, os 9.2 Pro Tools 5.1.3, ****working again only because this forum , and its help Thank you!!!*****

supernova777

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 12:57:10 AM »
somewhere around I have the 3.7 cd/ mac and pc, and even the old style (printer port instead of usb) key.....ive been with them since windows 95 i think,  :) how do i get it so i don't have to fill out these dang letters and questions each time ?

yes that would be this: http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=274.0 from september 1999

you cant avoid the serial.. but we've provided you with working ones in this thread.. its easy

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 06:33:32 PM »

last seen years ago, anyone got the 3.7 iso? or could make us one?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 08:06:24 PM »
3.7 is windows only

Offline AtariMan

• Veteran Member

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2022, 12:36:42 AM »
thanks atariman, im compiling cubase 1 to 5 history on both platforms.

ill need a great deal of support with info for v 1 to 2 on mac, boxes, floppies any media one can provide is highly appreciated.

thats the only info i could compile so far

--- v1 --- Cubase / Cubase Audio ---

CUBASE for the MacIntosh ("v1.0") (1990) - "CUBASE for the Macintosh", "CUBASE Macintosh Backup Disk" (2x), "Additional Files"
"Update v1.1" - "Audio Program Disk", "Additonal-1", "Additional-2", "Additonal-3"
"Update 11.2.1992" - "Audio Program Disk", "Additonal Files 1", "Additonal Files 2"
"Update v1.8"- "CUBASE Macintosh Update Program Disk"

- v2 --- Cubase "Standard" / Cubase Score ---

MAC:

Cubase Audio 2.0.5S for the Apple Macintosh, "Cubase MAC Audio 2.0.5S Disk 1-3"
Cubase Audio v2.00.00 for the Apple Macintosh, "Audio Master Disk", "Audio Installer Disk", "DAE Installer Disk" (1992)
Cubase Score 2.0r10 (https://bit.ly/3fnQ8Ao)

Cubase Audio v2.5 for the Apple Macintosh, grey box, grey ringbook, 3x blue floppies
Cubase 2.5.1r3 for the Apple Macintosh (1992)

trying to link to archive.org (or whatever iso, floppy flux, and scans in a perfect world one day)
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts