Author Topic: batch editing apps "get info" memory sizes  (Read 3596 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
batch editing apps "get info" memory sizes
« on: August 23, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »

i am in a need for a tool which lets me edit the memory size(s) given to apps, in best case in batches, or at least in a list window or something like that.

did you ever come across such a tool?
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: batch editing apps "get info" memory sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 03:37:39 PM »
Never saw such a tool; it would only be useful if you were setting up a bunch of systems; by the time you type a list of apps, and Inital and Max memory values, you could CMD-I them.

But I see this as a great utility if you did a bunch of fresh installs and needed to change all of them without the boring manual
method.

Offline Mat

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:49:21 PM »
Not exactly what you are searching, but you should have a look at "The Reaper 1.32 (by Akua)". It is a program that allows you to adjust the heap expansion for any application quickly. Just dragging a program to this control panel, and adjust if you like to increase the heap of memory usage for this program in percentages or absolute values. The nice thing is, it is just using this extra memory when needed and possible, so you can keep the usual values, but allow a application to allocate more memory when needed (for huge documents for example).

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:34:03 AM »
and adjust if you like to increase the heap of memory usage for this program in percentages

thats great and even if it not changing the files permanently it is still very useful (when testing OS7 apps on OS9)

and ... it is missing in my controlpanel collection. :)

p.s. i would not mind an OSX solution. in OSX it is one click less to change an OS9 app compared to OS9 already. maybe one could script the info window?
insert arbitrary signature here