Author Topic: BombFactory Plug Bundles..  (Read 7331 times)

supernova777

BombFactory Plug Bundles..
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:27:57 PM »
hey guys
does anyone have experience using these plugs for PT?
i read that they require ilok to authorize? but i think it mentioned PT 6 in the same breath as the ilok..

is there a version that is able to get working for pt 5.x?

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/bombfactory/legacy/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:01:45 AM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

Re: BombFactory Plug Bundles..
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:29:02 PM »
ok DUH i see we have these posted already http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?board=104.0

are they tested working??

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:29:41 AM »
Everything in there is from my plugin pack. Tested and in use every day in Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3cs11.

iLok authorization came with Pro Tools 6. There is NO TDM plugins that use iLok in Mac OS 9 :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »
Everything in there is from my plugin pack. Tested and in use every day in Pro Tools TDM 5.1.3cs11.

iLok authorization came with Pro Tools 6. There is NO TDM plugins that use iLok in Mac OS 9 :)

perfect!
thanks for this info;)
question: if u use a d24 pci card, does this run TDM?

also, a bit offtopic of mac os 9, but very much on topic with pro tools:
im guessing the tdm plugins for 5.x would be the same on the winxp? that is, not ilok'd?
does this mean that the plugins are seperate versions for 5.x vs 6.x? or do some work for both?
i found a copy of 5.3.3 for winxp..
which seems to be the highest level of 5.x on win platform
6.1+ adds rewire2 compatibility... but could staying in 5.x mean more compatible plugs to be found?
basically does this apply universally also to win? the fact that u said 5.x plugs arent ilok'd..

also i read somewhere :
Actually you can use the vst wrapper(1st version) from fxpansion to make vst plugs compatible inside pro tools 5.3...
i read this and i think, from the sound of it..vst wrapper for pt doesnt work with 6? or costss more? different version?
i dont understand;) pretty sure 5.3 is winxp only.. no version 5.3 for mac so he must be talking about xp vst wrapper..
just trying to understand all the things that make pt5.x something that is revered so much its very much like the last of the old versions the way cubase 5 vst 32 is the last..

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:50:36 PM by chrisNova777 »

supernova777

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »
Bomb Factory 48k Value Edition Plug-ins for PT 5 Mac OS 9 [68.51 MB]
http://secure.digidesign.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=5145

Bomb Factory Essentials for PT 5 Mac OS 9 [17.4 MB]
Bomb Factory Essentials MAS Format for DP Mac OS 9 [10.91 MB]
http://secure.digidesign.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=5146

so does that mean these require no authorization?

Digi 001 Factory Plug-Ins for Pro Tools 5 on Mac OS 9 (17.3 MB)
Plutonium Pack HD/192k Plug-Ins for Pro Tools 5 on Mac OS 9 (63.9 MB)
Plutonium Pack 48k Plug-Ins for Pro Tools 5 on Mac OS 9 (56.8 MB)
Essentials Plug-Ins for Pro Tools 5 on Mac OS 9 (17.3 MB)
Essentials Plug-Ins MAS Format for Digital Perfomer on Mac OS 9 (10.9 MB)
http://archive.digidesign.com/download/bombfactory/legacy/

from the docs these might be an exception to your rule? as this page def mentions ilok

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »
question: if u use a d24 pci card, does this run TDM?

Yes, this is the "Pro Tools 24" system. But the D24 doesn't have any DSP's to use with TDM plugins, so you'll need a DSP Farm card as well. The MIX cards are more powerful, so I suggest to buy a MIX Core instead. It's the main card in a MIX rig, and has six Motorola 56k DSP's as well, so you only need one card to use TDM, instead of two with the 24 rig.

also, a bit offtopic of mac os 9, but very much on topic with pro tools:
im guessing the tdm plugins for 5.x would be the same on the winxp? that is, not ilok'd?
does this mean that the plugins are seperate versions for 5.x vs 6.x? or do some work for both?
i found a copy of 5.3.3 for winxp..
which seems to be the highest level of 5.x on win platform
6.1+ adds rewire2 compatibility... but could staying in 5.x mean more compatible plugs to be found?
basically does this apply universally also to win? the fact that u said 5.x plugs arent ilok'd..

I have no idea about the Windows versions, since I have only used the Mac OS version of Pro Tools.
You'll need Windows binaries of the TDM plugins at least, so the files in the downloads section won't work I'm afraid :(

also i read somewhere :
Actually you can use the vst wrapper(1st version) from fxpansion to make vst plugs compatible inside pro tools 5.3...
i read this and i think, from the sound of it..vst wrapper for pt doesnt work with 6? or costss more? different version?
i dont understand;) pretty sure 5.3 is winxp only.. no version 5.3 for mac so he must be talking about xp vst wrapper..
just trying to understand all the things that make pt5.x something that is revered so much its very much like the last of the old versions the way cubase 5 vst 32 is the last..

There was a 5.3 version for Mac OS 9, but It was just 5.1.3 with added support for the Pro Tools HD systems. I have never used any VST wrapper successfully with PT5, but then again I haven't really tried all the different wrappers out there.

Pro Tools 6 had an all new audio engine and sounds different to Pro Tools 5. It's much like Cubase VST/32 vs Cubase SX, like you wrote. Digidesign also began to iLok all their plugins that came with floppy authorization or no hardware authorization at all with Pro Tools 5.

See this link: http://archive.digidesign.com/support/ilok/
Q: Do you need to have an iLok to use Pro Tools?
A: Pro Tools HD 7 and Pro Tools M-Powered are the only versions of Pro Tools that require an iLok authorization for the Pro Tools application. Pro Tools|HD Core systems and Pro Tools M-Powered software both include an iLok USB key.

Pro Tools TDM & LE 6.x and Pro Tools LE 7 use serial code authorization for the Pro Tools application and the included DigiRack plug-ins. On those systems, you only need an iLok to authorize optional Digidesign and Digidesign-distributed Development Partner plug-ins and software options on Pro Tools TDM and LE systems running 6.0 and higher software.

Check with third-party developers for their Mac OS X authorization method. (floppy authorizations will not work on Mac OS X, regardless of manufacturer)

from the docs these might be an exception to your rule? as this page def mentions ilok

It mentions iLok for v3 of the boundle, which where for Pro Tools 6 and up only. I don't know which boundle version Im using, but I never got any authorization requests at all. I have never seen anything related to iLok anywhere on my system either.

There might have been support for iLok on OS9 just at the end of PT 5.1.3's life, and therefor the last Bombfactory bundle required iLok on Mac OS 9 as well. I'll investigate further :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

supernova777

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
u can download them from the link i posted im pretty sure
so it will be easy to check !